• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

THE MODIFIED NATS (19th to 21st April 2019)

BMR

Trader
E51 Owner
E51 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Elgrand
E51
We have been thinking of attending The Modified Nationals at Stoneleigh Park Coventry from 19th to 21st April 2019 after a few good reports from people that attend this show but now it looks an even better proposition for us as we have just found out that 2 car shows will be held their at the same time. The National Hot Rod, Custom and American Car Show is also taking place at the same time so not only will you get to see the best modified cars and vans but also Show winning Hot Rods, Custom Cars, American Cars and Modified Custom Vans will also be there. I am waiting for the rep from the Modified Nats to contact me back to discuss some "grey areas" then I will post some more info on here. As far as I can see from the site here are a few things to consider.

UNTIL WE HAVE CLEARER INSTRUCTION FROM THE EVENT ADMIN, HERE IS THE PRICE BREAKDOWN TO WORK FROM - PLEASE NOTE PRICES MAY CHANGE

For every 5 people attending, there will be a split charge of £38.10 5 ways.
So, one weekend ticket (don't bother with queue jumper)... £43.36 plus £7.62.
That makes a weekend ticket £50.98 for ONE PERSON ONE CAR. You would then need to add £43.36 to this for any additional passengers.

WEEKEND TICKET - 1 ADULT - 1 CAR = £50.98
WEEKEND TICKET - 2 ADULTS - 1 CAR = £94.34

THESE PRICES ARE BASED ON BUYING TICKETS BEFORE JANUARY 2019 - AT THIS TIME THE PRICE GOES UP!

1)- NO FIRES.
2)- NO GLASS BOTTLES ETC.
3)- NO DOGS.
4)- NO SOUND SYSTEMS.
5)- NO PLAYING HEAVY BASS AT ANY TIME.
6)- QUIET MUSIC THAT CAN ONLY BE HEARD WITHIN CLUB STAND AREA ONLY.
7)- VEHICLES CANNOT BE MOVED DURING THE DAY (AFTER 17.00 HRS VEHICLES CAN BE MOVED TO THE CAMPING AREA)

8)- TENTS, AWNINGS AND CARAVANS ALLOWED IN SPECIAL AREA NOT ON SHOW STAND.

Some of the questions I need to ask is about pricing, so bare with me and I will inform people on here as soon as I get to know myself. As soon as I get prices I will be asking who wants to go BUT in order for us to get a reduced rate we need to order tickets before January 1st.

THOSE WANTING TO GO TO THE MODIFIED NATS

1)- BMR (2 ADULTS)
2)- KARLOS
3)-
4)-
5)-
(WE CAN NOW ORDER OUR CLUB STAND)
6)-
7)-
8)-
9)-
10)-

Last edited:
If you can understand this and get a price for the weekend for us to pay your a better person than me. take a look on modifiednationals.co.uk and see if you can work out a cost we can charge

I was looking forward to this but alas no dogs :(

I make it out to be £70.92 inc fees plus V.A.T. for a weekend pass with camping
Driver Queue Jump Weekend Ticket (Arrive from 10am)
£45.00 + £3.64 fee & VAT
Reserved Camping - 4m x 20m
£20.00 + £2.28 fee & VAT

How much for passengers

Queue Jump Weekend Ticket (Arrive from 10am)
£45.00 + £3.64 fee & VAT
Sales end on 22 April | Show Details Hide Details
Ticket applies to passengers and anyone not showing their vehicle. Arrive early.... from 10am Friday 19th, includes on-site general camping & evening entertainment Friday & Saturday night, show day admission Saturday & Sunday & Event Programme. DRIVING AROUND THE SHOWGROUND / CAMPING AREAS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED 2x Children 13 & under go FREE with this ticket.

Reserved Camping - 4m x 20m
£20.00 + £2.28 fee & VAT
Sales end on 15 April | Show Details Hide Details
Suggestion x 4 people - big enough for approx. 2 cars and Two x 2 man tents or One large tent. Check your tent sizes and/or vehicles will fit on the space. You need to purchase a weekend ticket for this option is not an entry ticket

Right provisional prices for the weekend would be £94.34 (1 CAR 2 ADULTS 2 CHILDREN UNDER 13 FREE) but for that price we don't have electrical hook up but then again we have to be quiet anyway, We have to book before Jan 1st 2019. We have to book all our reserved camping at the same time to be together. Those adding themselves after Jan 1st will have to pay directly to the show organisers and are not guaranteed to be camping with the people booking through the club before Jan 1st. So with that in mind whos up for going to The Modified Nats, let me know here and I will start a list.

The noise thing is kinda killing it for me Brian... Looks like more rules than jae...

Don't think I can make this. Hadn't realised it's across Easter weekend and that's a very busy weekend for us 😔

The noise thing is kinda killing it for me Brian... Looks like more rules than jae...

I think they have to say these things to stop people taking the piss, we don't have to stick to the rules we are THE Elgrand BUNCH after all rules are there to be bent.

That's fine Rob I am not sure we will even get enough interest to get a club stand anyway bud
I hope you do get enough interest bud, as these kind of meets/events are great fun! Getting together with like minded car enthusiasts is what its all about for me. Love the bigger shows, just a shame about the timing for this one or we would have been there.

Sorry Brian, im at work that weekend. Off camping the following weekend if your interested though?

The price is NOT going to be £85 EACH for the weekend as the camping fee is for multiple vehicles.

The problem we have is going to be with the Camping plots to buy. The 4m x 20m is suggested to be enough for 2 cars and 2 small tents or one big tent. If we filled a plot with people sleeing in their vans, no tent, no awning, then at that size, you'd get 4 Elgrand's in a line... or if you park really close side by side, 8 Elgrands, in 2 lines.

So, we'd need to look at the larger camping area, which is 8m x 20x. This would be space enough for 10 Elgrands side by side, Or 8 Elgrands in 2 lines, or 16 Elgrands in 2 lines if you park really close together.

For the sake of pricing, we will go with the 8m x 20m plots, and assume there is enough space for 5 cars PLUS TENTS/AWNINGS.

So for every 5 people attending, there will be a split charge of £38.10.

So, one weekend ticket (don't bother with queue jumper)... £43.36 plus £7.62.

That makes a weekend ticket £50.98 for ONE PERSON ONE CAR. You would then need to add £43.36 to this for any additional passengers.

WEEKEND TICKET - 2 ADULTS - 1 CAR = £94.34.

IF we can get as many people attending as possible who will sleep in their van and not need a tent/awning, then we can fit more cars on each plot, and therefore reduce the plot fee per car.

We also need to bear in mind that, as there is no electric hookup, there will be no proper lighting in the camp area, nowhere to charge phones or other mobile devices, and we will need to have a small communal area.

We MIGHT be able to fit ONE club Marquee somewhere... but the Marquee's are 6m x 3m which takes up a hefty portion of the camping area.

In all honesty... the whole thing sounds like a right dogs dinner. You have to move your car from the camping grounds to the show ground. You can't move your car at all during the day (so no popping out for supplies if you need any). No loud music at all at any time. Very expensive weekend to be told you can't do certain things.

Probably a good show to attend for the day... but the whole weekend thing seems really really awkward and almost as though they would rather people NOT to camp!

put me down on the list Brian looks like a good event

Not for me I'm afraid as Easter weekend big family time for us and the prices seem bit excessive for us, best of luck and hope u get a good amount together

We will be going for a day. If anyone needs any creature comforts etc we only live across the field from Stoneleigh 👍

Hello Andy, thanks for the offer, I think because of the lack of interest in both the modified nats and the JAE we are going to draw a line under attending both these shows this year, Elgrand owners are just not interested in 3 or 4 day shows and the effort required to organise these is just not worth it. Karl may say more on the matter and decide fully, but trust me the time needed to organise club stands at these shows to satisfy everyone going is more than you would think. I myself will be going to the modified nats for the one day only so hopefully we will meet.
Cheers Brian BMR.

Back