• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The main (CENTRAL) ElgrandOC Christmas Meet - 23rd / 24th November

Not sure what us happening with work , will check and let you know .

Looking to sleep in the van overnight. Can you confirm that the pub will allow that? Please

Now then boys and girls. Every year we do one big central Christmas Meet. We get a list of all those who want to come and pick a location that is MOST central to everyone on the list.

This year the weekend of the Christmas Meet is the 23rd / 24th November.

The idea is that on Saturday, those further afield can travel, we stay overnight, and then we have the meet on Sunday.

There WILL be smaller regional meets if they are organised within your regions, but this is the one that is designed to be the last opportunity of the year to get as many people together.

Last year we had the meet at the Castlewood Brewers Fayre pub, just off J28 of the M1. This was a very central location and worked really well, so that's likely to be where we start the ball rolling, but it depends who wants to come and is able to that weekend.

This location worked well as the pub catered for us all, reserving a large area of the restaurant for us to convene, the Premier Inn next door provided overnight accommodation for those of us who had to travel, and then on Sunday, a short drive a little further North up the M1 took us to a National Trust location which was great for photos and chatting.

So who would be up for a big end of year get together? This is the ONLY weekend that is possible, so don't ask about a different weekend. If you want to organise a local regional Christmas meet, speak to your regional rep, or if you don't have one, just start the ball rolling yourself.

Once we have some names on the list, we will firm up the location and the details around times etc. But we need to be quick with getting things organised, so if you want to come, the weekend is good, and you're willing to attend at the location (or at least somewhere near here depending on the list of attendees), get your name down.

All I need to know is if you want to come, the town/area you are travelling from, and how many people (adults & children). We need to know how many because there will be a little gift for everyone who attends.

1. Karl & Pippa - 2 Adults - Teesside
  2. @Jaxx - 2 Adults - South Wales
  3. @Bezzbailey - 2 Adults - Stoke on Trent
  4. @nclepeter - 2 People - Jarrow
  5. @jason pullin - 2 Adults & 1 Child - Mansfield
  6. @KnightRider - 2 Adults - Manchester
  7. @Mirvin8 - 1 Adult - Skegness
  8. @pmdirectuk - 1 Adult - Sheffield
  9. @Markcurn1 - 2 Adults - South Wales
  10. @Bookseller18 - 2 Adults & 2 Children
  11. @tonymorrell - 2 Adults - Middlesbrough
  12. @Sharon-Tina - 2 Adults & 1 Dog - Derbyshire/Notts Boarder
  13. @Reverend RobP - 2 Adults & 2 Children - York
  14. @scottt 79 - 2 Adults & 1 Child - Newcastle
  15. @Malcwit - 2 Adults - Rugeley/Lichfield
  16. @Karlos - 2 Adults - Luton
  17. @Ste - 2 Adults & 2 Children & 1 Dog - Nottingham
  18. @BMR - 2 Adults - 3 Miles Away
  19. @headless - 2 Adults - Sheffield
  20. @Bettsy - 2 Adults & 3 Children - Derbyshire/Notts Boarder
  21. @Revo - 2 Adults 1 Child MAYBE - Crewe
  22. @stephen - 2 Adults - Yorkshire
  23. @Dave Medd - 2 Adults - Leeds
  24. @Michael6457 - 2 Adults - Birmingham (MAYBE - ON CALL)
  25. @Lize - 1 Adult - Cambridge
Highway Star 2 x adult - manchester (probably)

Now then boys and girls. Every year we do one big central Christmas Meet. We get a list of all those who want to come and pick a location that is MOST central to everyone on the list.

This year the weekend of the Christmas Meet is the 23rd / 24th November.

The idea is that on Saturday, those further afield can travel, we stay overnight, and then we have the meet on Sunday.

There WILL be smaller regional meets if they are organised within your regions, but this is the one that is designed to be the last opportunity of the year to get as many people together.

Last year we had the meet at the Castlewood Brewers Fayre pub, just off J28 of the M1. This was a very central location and worked really well, so that's likely to be where we start the ball rolling, but it depends who wants to come and is able to that weekend.

This location worked well as the pub catered for us all, reserving a large area of the restaurant for us to convene, the Premier Inn next door provided overnight accommodation for those of us who had to travel, and then on Sunday, a short drive a little further North up the M1 took us to a National Trust location which was great for photos and chatting.

So who would be up for a big end of year get together? This is the ONLY weekend that is possible, so don't ask about a different weekend. If you want to organise a local regional Christmas meet, speak to your regional rep, or if you don't have one, just start the ball rolling yourself.

Once we have some names on the list, we will firm up the location and the details around times etc. But we need to be quick with getting things organised, so if you want to come, the weekend is good, and you're willing to attend at the location (or at least somewhere near here depending on the list of attendees), get your name down.

All I need to know is if you want to come, the town/area you are travelling from, and how many people (adults & children). We need to know how many because there will be a little gift for everyone who attends.

1. Karl & Pippa - 2 Adults - Teesside
  2. @Jaxx - 2 Adults - South Wales
  3. @Bezzbailey - 2 Adults - Stoke on Trent
  4. @nclepeter - 2 People - Jarrow
  5. @jason pullin - 2 Adults & 1 Child - Mansfield
  6. @KnightRider - 2 Adults - Manchester
  7. @Mirvin8 - 1 Adult - Skegness
  8. @pmdirectuk - 1 Adult - Sheffield
  9. @Markcurn1 - 2 Adults - South Wales
  10. @Bookseller18 - 2 Adults & 2 Children
  11. @tonymorrell - 2 Adults - Middlesbrough
  12. @Sharon-Tina - 2 Adults & 1 Dog - Derbyshire/Notts Boarder
  13. @Reverend RobP - 2 Adults & 2 Children - York
  14. @scottt 79 - 2 Adults & 1 Child - Newcastle
  15. @Malcwit - 2 Adults - Rugeley/Lichfield
  16. @Karlos - 2 Adults - Luton
  17. @Ste - 2 Adults & 2 Children & 1 Dog - Nottingham
  18. @BMR - 2 Adults - 3 Miles Away
  19. @headless - 2 Adults - Sheffield
  20. @Bettsy - 2 Adults & 3 Children - Derbyshire/Notts Boarder
  21. @Revo - 2 Adults 1 Child MAYBE - Crewe
  22. @stephen - 2 Adults - Yorkshire
  23. @Dave Medd - 2 Adults - Leeds
  24. @Michael6457 - 2 Adults - Birmingham (MAYBE - ON CALL)
  25. @Lize - 1 Adult - Cambridge
Highway star - 2 x adults - manchester

Looking to sleep in the van overnight. Can you confirm that the pub will allow that? Please

Hi bud, once we have a location listed, I'll put the details of the venue. Once we've booked in, members will need to make individual arrangements, so would be worth giving them a call to ask if that would be OK as part of the party attending. I cannot see it being an issue considering there will be a large number of us.

OK, so the Geographical Mid-Point calculator that I used last year is no longer available because the greedy gits behind Google have hiked their prices for using their maps software.

Great.

But, on checking by eye... based on the people we have on the list, the most central point for everyone wanting to attend is still going to be around the location we used last year. Does anyone else have a way of calculating geographical mid-points using a list of locations so that I can double check?

OK, so the Geographical Mid-Point calculator that I used last year is no longer available because the greedy gits behind Google have hiked their prices for using their maps software.

Great.

But, on checking by eye... based on the people we have on the list, the most central point for everyone wanting to attend is still going to be around the location we used last year. Does anyone else have a way of calculating geographical mid-points using a list of locations so that I can double check?
Any good?

Only works for 2 locations. I need to be able to enter a list of locations and get the central point to all of them :(
click on meeting planner in the middle. You can add more.

OK, that tool only allows 10 locations... so I picked the 10 most extreme locations from the list.

The central point is Stainsby, which is J29 of the M1 (which is also where Hardwick Hall is where we went last year).

So... that said the meeting point will be the Castlewood Brewers Fayre pub (J28 M1). I'll update the original post with the confirmed details.

OK, that tool only allows 10 locations... so I picked the 10 most extreme locations from the list.

The central point is Stainsby, which is J29 of the M1 (which is also where Hardwick Hall is where we went last year).

So... that said the meeting point will be the Castlewood Brewers Fayre pub (J28 M1). I'll update the original post with the confirmed details.
Cool I'll look at getting a room booked 😁🍻🥂👍🏻

I will also get my booking in team will cover my on call

Back