• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (How to read a forum)

I've read through a few posts today and it's given me some cause for alarm.
On a basic level, most of us are all here for one reason; we want to look after our Elgrand.

When you read through a forum you are going to get a lot of bias from owners, and you'll hear great reviews about the cars (The Good)... you will also hear stories about breakdowns and "help me quick posts" (The Bad)... and you will also hear about the dreaded cat issue (The Ugly).

As a new member to this forum you need to learn to take things on board without allowing panic to set in.

We've got nearly 6000 members. MOST of those members have had effortless, trouble free motoring. But it's NOT common place (albeit there is currently an effort in place to correct this) where people post "I went to the shops today, no dramas". What is common place is if you WERE to have an issue is to see "I went to the shops today and I broke down, help".

Don't allow negative comments from owners to put you off looking at or buying an Elgrand. What you need to take from that is that these people are asking questions NOW and getting help NOW. There is a whole community of people who all pull togehter to help people through a breakdown. I've had ONE breakdown in 5 years of Elgrand ownership... and 3 days later (well, 10 days later, but 7 of them I was on holiday), my Elgrand was back on the road and has purred like a kitten ever since. My MPG has even improved!! I would not have been able to do that if I had not publicly asked about my issue and gleaned knowledge from those who have it.

Look at the meets we have, the shows we attend... see how many people are there. Not many other clubs have a community like this one.

No, the Elgrand is not bulletproof. NO car is bulletproof. You will get issues and problems with ANY car you get, after all they are all just metal, plastic and rubber... and eventually things don't work as they should.

You will always see more negative on a forum than positive, purely because people share bad news, but don't share good news (generally).

I mean how often do you go to your doctor just to tell them that you are absolutely fine and there are no issues? You don't. Why? No on needs to know that you've been successfully managing your weight, your bowel movements are good and regular, and you sleep fine every night.

I've been told countless times that this community has been a lifeline. THAT is the message you should take from anything you read. Look at how many replies people get to problems. Look at how much discussion goes on. Look at how the community guide people through problems and get them to a solution.

If you make all your decisions based on worst case "what if's"... you'll never enjoy the best things in life :)
Well said ,you have put my mind at ease.appreciate all you have said

I joined the club after I brought our Elgrand jay to learn more about her.. still learning now after three years of ownership.. the fellow members have helped me so much over the years and now I can pass on this knowledge onto new members. I’ve stayed active as the banter is always fun but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.. which in these modern times is refreshing..

On a basic level, most of us are all here for one reason; we want to look after our Elgrand.

When you read through a forum you are going to get a lot of bias from owners, and you'll hear great reviews about the cars (The Good)... you will also hear stories about breakdowns and "help me quick posts" (The Bad)... and you will also hear about the dreaded cat issue (The Ugly).

As a new member to this forum you need to learn to take things on board without allowing panic to set in.

We've got nearly 6000 members. MOST of those members have had effortless, trouble free motoring. But it's NOT common place (albeit there is currently an effort in place to correct this) where people post "I went to the shops today, no dramas". What is common place is if you WERE to have an issue is to see "I went to the shops today and I broke down, help".

Don't allow negative comments from owners to put you off looking at or buying an Elgrand. What you need to take from that is that these people are asking questions NOW and getting help NOW. There is a whole community of people who all pull togehter to help people through a breakdown. I've had ONE breakdown in 5 years of Elgrand ownership... and 3 days later (well, 10 days later, but 7 of them I was on holiday), my Elgrand was back on the road and has purred like a kitten ever since. My MPG has even improved!! I would not have been able to do that if I had not publicly asked about my issue and gleaned knowledge from those who have it.

Look at the meets we have, the shows we attend... see how many people are there. Not many other clubs have a community like this one.

No, the Elgrand is not bulletproof. NO car is bulletproof. You will get issues and problems with ANY car you get, after all they are all just metal, plastic and rubber... and eventually things don't work as they should.

You will always see more negative on a forum than positive, purely because people share bad news, but don't share good news (generally).

I mean how often do you go to your doctor just to tell them that you are absolutely fine and there are no issues? You don't. Why? No on needs to know that you've been successfully managing your weight, your bowel movements are good and regular, and you sleep fine every night.

I've been told countless times that this community has been a lifeline. THAT is the message you should take from anything you read. Look at how many replies people get to problems. Look at how much discussion goes on. Look at how the community guide people through problems and get them to a solution.

If you make all your decisions based on worst case "what if's"... you'll never enjoy the best things in life :)
nicely put

Spot on advice

Well said first Elgrand never had one problem with,hence why I'm on my second.

That was reassuring to hear Karl coming from a newbie thanks 😊

brill mate

brill mate

Reassuring, thank you

And, concerning the’Good’ we Have likes of BMR as a go-to in the fixing of issues process!
Just ordered some new suspension from Him…Great guy to deal with, and patient.
You‘re unlikely to get that level of service from Nissan.
So when things go ‘bad’, EOC provides the ‘good’ to rectify it.
Brilliant!🤗
All for One—One for All!😎

Well said and I applaud your comments, life's too short.....get out and enjoy your Ellie, good and very rarely bad. 👏👏👏

This forum is invaluable to me. Have not been on of late due to a recurring health problem. Thankfully all seems resolved and DVLA sent my drivers license back to ton Christmas Eve. Now about to embark upon the recommissioning of our E50 which has been scorned for the past nineteen months. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
Go Neil, enjoy your reconnection with the E50 😊

Nicely put and very reassuring Karl. In a nutshell, I'm not going to panic about the "ugly" issues, but will take the right action to pretty them up! Thus far after 2 days of ownership, I love driving again! The only vehicle remotely comparable is my motorbike!

Nicely put and very reassuring Karl. In a nutshell, I'm not going to panic about the "ugly" issues, but will take the right action to pretty them up! Thus far after 2 days of ownership, I love driving again! The only vehicle remotely comparable is my motorbike!
I agree I’ve had 4 years trouble free motoring best motor I’ve owned or ever driven. 👍

Surely the "ugly" is the Alphard . Every time I see one I have a sick burp .. Stevie Wonders one and only attempt at vehicle design .

Only had my Ellie a few weeks and already been on some serious expeditions... she's run smooth as a nut. A little issue with the aftermarket suspension not being set up quite how I'd like it but the engine has been faultless.

Back