• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The ElgrandOC Annual Awards (oooooohhhh)

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Well then - here we go.

This initiative was first discussed by the admin team a few weeks back now, and the idea was first brought up by @Madfish.

We have decided to have an Annual Awards Ceremony in which members will win a little trophy and a prize of either free premium membership, car cleaning products, stickers, EOC clothing etc... depending on the category. The details will be worked out over the coming weeks but basically, this is a chance for members to get rewarded for their contributions to the club.

The 2018 awards will be held LIVE from JAE this year! Unfortunately, the only way we can really do this is on Facebook... so I really do apologise to all those of you who aren't on Facebook, hopefully you have a friend or family member that uses it so you can watch. But the awards ceremony will be uploaded to YouTube and posted to the forum afterwards for all to see. If we can find a better way of broadcasting live to the club as not to exclude our forum only members, we will. If you happen to know a way, please PM me and we will look into it.

Anyway, we'll sort the details later.

For now, here are the current categories and how they will be voted (we'll add a couple more). Details of each category will be made available when we set up the new forum section for the Awards.
  • Member of the Year - (Public Vote)
  • Regional Rep of the Year (Admin Vote)
  • Best E50 (Public Vote)
  • Best E51 (Public Vote)
  • Best E52 (Public Vote)
  • Best Modification (Public Vote)
Any categories that are Public Vote will INCLUDE club staff (except me). Statistical and Admin Vote categories will EXCLUDE club staff.

There will be an "Award Entry" thread opened on the 1st July for each of the voting categories. Instructions for each category will be included in each post. So you will need to read each one if you wish to enter for the award.

Entries will be allowed until Saturday 28th July.

At this time, voting will open. Votes will be private, again, instructions will be given in each categorises thread.

So not long until this year's award nominations are underway..., we look forward to seeing what you've got for your entries and the award ceremony should be a cracking laugh :)

OK then guys.

The forum section has been set up and the threads are there ready to go. THREADS ARE LOCKED UNTIL 1ST JULY.

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/categories/elgrandoc-annual-awards.126/

The "Member of the Year" award works slightly differently to the rest, in that you cannot enter yourself. You have to be nominated.
Because of this, nominations START on 1st July and run to the 11th August.

All other awards will be based on the entries from members. Please do NOT be shy in entering, as it's all part of the fun. You can enter these competitions from 1st July until 28th July. Voting is then from the 29th July to the 11th August.
Any voting received BEFORE 29th July will be deleted and not counted to the end result (this is to ensure that even people who have entered last minute have the same chance of being nominated). So do NOT jump the gun with your votes, as they will not count to wards the winning totals.

LIKES TO DO NOT COUNT IN THESE AWARDS!!!!!!!!!

As you will read in each section, we have created a "Vote Bot" for each category. Basically, we have created a new "user" for each category for people to send private messages to with the nominations.

Once the voting ends (11th August for all categories) the admin team will go through each section, tally up the votes, and the results will be read from JAE.

EACH AWARD WINNER WILL RECEIVE A SPECIAL TROPHY ENGRAVED WITH THE CATEGORY THEY HAVE WON AND THEIR NAME AS WELL AS THE PRIZES LISTED FOR EACH CATEGORY.

pa the e 52 owners club get the best of the deal as ther are ony a couple of em so they get a 50/50 chance of winning

ok ok i know ill stop being sarcastic twas funny tho

Is this the first time it's run? Haven't seen this before

Is this the first time it's run? Haven't seen this before

Yes mate. New this year. A positive step forward to get more people involved with the club and the club to give a little more back to the members.

Why no "knobber" of the year category? I did consider nominating myself for the member of the year category but I guess you didn't mean "member" in that context.

Why no "knobber" of the year category? I did consider nominating myself for the member of the year category but I guess you didn't mean "member" in that context.

There will be a joke award done at JAE, especially for people who attend 😉

You would have no competition mate so you would win it hands down:p

You would have no competition mate so you would win it hands down:p

It is the only category I'd have a chance of winning, and a good chance at that, but it wouldn't be a one horse race :)

His own arse? Sorry, that's his head :joy:
Can we clarify something here, there has been talk of arse, hands and heads - who do each of these belong to?

I'm quite happy with my own head up my own arse, but if any these body parts are Brendan's, I'm afraid I shall have to withdraw my nomination for the award. :scream:

Back