• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The Club and Data Protection

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
There has been a lot of talk recently about the new GDPR guidelines (General Data Protection Regulation).

There are some new features that we really need to take under advisement from a club perspective, namely in the instance of "naming and shaming".

If you have had personal dealings with another member, or you have received unfair treatment from a business, you CANNOT post this publicly within the club, and the club cannot keep a list of "dealers to avoid".

Due to the potentially damaging nature of the post you make, and the fact that this forum is open for anyone to see/join, it can have a detrimental effect on a business. You may feel that the business deserves it due to the way you have been treated, but it is against the law to share such information.

If you have been unfairly treated by a business, then your first port of call should be to contact Trading Standards to see what legal rights you have and get advice on how to move forward with legal proceedings. Trading Standards will do a full investigation into the claim, and if they feel that they have broken any laws etc, they will shut that business down.

If you feel you have been ripped off or mistreated by another member, please alert the admin team so that we can look into the matter and issue any bans that we see fit. Do NOT make any claims about another member on ANY public forum (this includes your own social media pages etc).

It is now against the law to post such things, but if you post them here, it is not just yourself you are putting at risk. We, the admin team, also carry the responsibility for the content shared and displayed on this forum. As such, your derogatory comment could lead to the closure of the site and fines/penalties imposed on the admin staff.

I hope you understand and appreciate the severity of this message and ensure you refrain from any bad mouthing of any private individual or business.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to discuss here or contact a member of the admin team privately. If you have general questions, it would be better to discuss them here. The admins do not want to be swamped with hoards of messages from thousands of people all asking the same questions. If you have seen something anywhere on the forum please either report the post of highlight to a member of the admin team via private message. if you have been affected by any form of foul play and you do not want to discuss it, again, please contact any of the admin team privately.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

FROM THIS TIME - ANYONE CAUGHT POSTING NEGATIVELY ABOUT ANOTHER MEMBER OR BUSINESS WILL HAVE THE POST REMOVED AND REPEAT OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CLUB. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER AND CANNOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!

I do believe, if you have a solid case, with proof of your claims etc that you can share certain aspects.

The liability comes when, if a business got a lawyer and tried to sue for slander/libel, then you need to know 100% that you would win a case with the information you have. If you don't have that certainty (and you've not already been in touch with trading standards etc or received legal advice) then you cannot share.

Well written. I think it's been illegal for some years but the rise of Anti-social Media makes it just that much easier for people to voice their every opinion right at the push of a button instead of having to go outside and find someone to complain to. I've heard things about the garage I work for (surprise surprise another garage get's called names) second-hand from friends that would do nothing but recommend us as they know I do a solid job.

At the end of the day, if you've got a complaint, bitching to your friends won't fix it or get you compensation; you have to go back to the business first. Then go to the higher powers. Then you can properly bitch about them. For some reason it took a lad with a little 25cc quad 6 months to bring it back to us... Of course we righted the situation but at the same time it's like "And why did you wait so long?"

Where do all the reviews websites stand with the new rules I wonder. And ebay/amazon feedback ?

Maybe you need a disclaimer added by default to every post made, that the opinions are those of the poster not EOC ?

I'm still getting to grips with all of this, apparently there are some fairly large loopholes to get around how it all works.

For now, we'll roll with the ban of bad reviews etc just so that no one gets into trouble and then we can look to make things a little less strict once we know that there will be no repercussions, or at least they won't be severe enough to warrant a fine and or court summons.

Well written. I think it's been illegal for some years but the rise of Anti-social Media makes it just that much easier for people to voice their every opinion right at the push of a button instead of having to go outside and find someone to complain to. I've heard things about the garage I work for (surprise surprise another garage get's called names) second-hand from friends that would do nothing but recommend us as they know I do a solid job.

At the end of the day, if you've got a complaint, bitching to your friends won't fix it or get you compensation; you have to go back to the business first. Then go to the higher powers. Then you can properly bitch about them. For some reason it took a lad with a little 25cc quad 6 months to bring it back to us... Of course we righted the situation but at the same time it's like "And why did you wait so long?"
Far too much bitchin and moaning/ranting goes on these days online IMHOP. Its always best to just deal with the issues head on instead of attention seeking for sympathy. At the end of the day if we allow things to happen that could have been prevented easily then the expression " living in a world of shit " would never exist. If you have a problem, and cant solve it yourself then maybe you should contact " The A-Team ":p

Back