• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Thank you to Matt @Ace Imports

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I'd just like to give a special thanks to Matt @AceImports as he has just donated £100 to the club by way of thanks for allowing him to be a part of the community, and through which grow his business and reputation.
I know there are a few members here now who have bought through Matt and he felt that a token gesture to the club would be worth while.

The donation will be used to subsidise the next TICKETED EVENT that EOC organises... Whether it buys the first few tickets, or gives money off for each member that buys a ticket, we'll work on the details later, but that donation is to go back to you guys in one way or another at a social event.

A heartfelt thank you from me to Matt for offering this donation to the club, and shows that he is willing to give back to the platform on which he's been able to get business.

I'd just like to give a special thanks to Matt @AceImports as he has just donated £100 to the club by way of thanks for allowing him to be a part of the community, and through which grow his business and reputation.
I know there are a few members here now who have bought through Matt and he felt that a token gesture to the club would be worth while.

The donation will be used to subsidise the next TICKETED EVENT that EOC organises... Whether it buys the first few tickets, or gives money off for each member that buys a ticket, we'll work on the details later, but that donation is to go back to you guys in one way or another at a social event.

A heartfelt thank you from me to Matt for offering this donation to the club, and shows that he is willing to give back to the platform on which he's been able to get business.
Nice gesture totally appreciated 😊

Just wanted people to know how much I appreciate the excellent resource that is the forum. I don't generally attend shows but I know how great they are for bringing the community together, so hopefully it can make the next one more accessible for a few people that perhaps can't usually due to lack of funds etc, or as Karl said, just a little more affordable for everyone so people feel more encouraged to get involved.

Just wanted people to know how much I appreciate the excellent resource that is the forum,. I don't generally attend shows but I know how great they are for bringing the community together, so hopefully it can make the next one more accessible for a few people that perhaps can't usually due to lack of funds etc, or as Karl said, just a little more affordable for everyone so people feel more encouraged to get involved.
It’s gestures and attitudes like this that make me firmly believe there should be further recognition from the club towards the reputable dealers that are giving back and showing the support but also giving potential buyers confidence in what they ate buying through the transparency of how they approach the sale and conduct their business

It’s gestures and attitudes like this that make me firmly believe there should be further recognition from the club towards the reputable dealers that are giving back and showing the support but also giving potential buyers confidence in what they ate buying through the transparency of how they approach the sale and conduct their business

I've been thinking about the idea of a verified / trusted dealer program where an independent body of forum members verifies the information of sellers to confirm that their stock is genuine / of high grade, with perhaps genuine feedback or similar. If the requirements are met they could be marked as a verified or trusted seller, perhaps even as someone else said, for a fee.

The only issue I envisage with that is, deciding what would qualify someone. I think as well as auction sheets to confirm they import quality cars, it'd be good to provide the export certificate to confirm mileage. But how far does it go? Do they provide every auction sheet / certificate for vehicles they sell in order to pass as verified consistently?

Also, having a program like that would attract a lot more dealer traffic from people trying to get involved, not necessarily a bad thing but all it takes is 1 in 5 to be a pushy salesman and you'll have people getting fed up straight after their introduction post. The trade section would provdvly need a rework as well, most likely with sub categories for each trusted dealer, in order to keep the section clean and easy to navigate.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on how something like that could work, and the problems it could encounter. I'm currently happy to just let people know I'm part of the OC as it's more straightforward!

I agree. Its going to open up a few problems.
My view is simple transparency during the sales process.
Point people here.
Be upfront with auction sheets.
Maybe even provide a VX report.
All the things that shouldn’t phase or cause issues to a good dealer but will cause problems to those polishing a grade R and passing it as a 4.
I’m not saying a grade R isn’t a good car but be upfront with a possible buyer telling them the know history and that you have polished it within an inch of its life to bring it back.

I think a VX report should down to the buyer to obtain. An unscrupulous dealer could easily alter the information, but providing a JEVIC certificate would give confidence that the vehicle mileage is genuine at least. The dealer could advise a customer to obtain a VX for their own peace of mind if they were not happy with just the JEVIC.

I'm not surprised by this at all, having got to know Matt a little now. A perfect example of his character and yet another example of somone knowledgeabe and enthusiastic wanting to genuinely be involved in the Elgrand community, and this wonderful club, rather than just pushing their services. Nice one Matt. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Thank you Matt for supporting the club like this but also for being a decent trader and someone people can rely on in finding their new Elgrand :)

Back