• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Thank you to everyone who uses the ElgrandOC Forum

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I have spent a lot of time recently ranting and raving on the group Facebook page due to all the members who expect to be spoon fed information.

ElgrandOC was set up and is centered around this forum. This is the central hub, the heart if you will, of the club.

For those who are members of both Facebook/Forum, you will have seen me mention about my frustration with "takers". These are the people who think they have a right to be in a club and a right to have their questions answered.

I would like to clarify this point.

The whole point of setting up ElgrandOC was so that ALL Elgrand owners across the world would have a resource that they could use to keep their car on the road. A place for like minded people to come together to support one another and share their experiences with others. The forum is a repository of information that is free to anyone who wants to use it. If you have no interest in being part of a club, but you want answers to questions, then asking them here (believe it or not) is still contributing to the club. Because the answers given by other members will then be stored and searchable for future owners.

For those people who use Facebook only, they come into the group, ask their questions, get their answers and leave. What does this achieve for the greater community? Nothing. That question is lost in a myriad of other posts never to be seen again after 24 hours. You can't search for it on Google. No one else will ever benefit from that post.

So I would like to take the time to thank every single member of this forum for signing up and posting. Even if you only ever ask questions rather than helping others out, you are still providing a library of material that others will benefit from in the future - and THAT is the spirit of a community, helping others.

So from those of you who have taken the time to join just to ask one question, to those who are here every day and have an unhealthy addiction, thank you for being a part of this club. Every post matters, and every post is appreciated by myself and every other member of this forum.

thanks.gif

I'm a forum man, always have been so I'm really proud of how well this place is doing and how great our members are.

You guys really make this a quality place, full of info and great banter.

Whilst I have no happy dance to share with you (only happens after red wine) please know that you have my utmost appreciation for your participation! :D

Long live EOC :)

Sometimes?

Thank you for your kind word of support @Harvo :joy::joy:

Cheers @Karl - it's precisely the type of banter from Harvo (if he was joking that is ;)) that keeps me coming back to the forum.

There is nowhere else that has as much info on Elgrands as this website. Make sure you keep it all backed up mate :worried:

By the way the advanced search facility is great for anybody who can't find what they are looking for with the basic search function. :)

A MASSIVE thank you to all who run this Forum also to the great people who contribute to helping others. I know you will always have people who are keyboard warriors and abuse others but I have never seen such a thing on here (unless the powers that be are so super hot on it) Its great to know if you have something to share or need to know there is somewhere to go where someone will know or help to assist you. Top job each and everyone

A long time ago I joined a site that was very well run and informative (on a different subject).
It kept going for about five years and was well-used and appreciated by members.

One day when I logged on to it there was a notice that said that the site was now closed. No explanation or anything - just closed!
It made me realise that some sites are so well-run and such a good resource and font of information that they become" bigger" than whoever runs/owns them.

This site is definitely one of them and I think Karl and the gang know this so I hope we will continue to have this invaluable site for many years to come.

It must give Karl great satisfaction knowing that he has created something like this and that others appreciate it so much.
Thank you Karl and all those who maintain and contribute.

Jeez Karl, your bloody mood swings! 🤣😂

Keep doing what you're doing mate, this place is without equal (nothing comes close to be fair) and is a testament to your hard work and love of this awesome community.

Love this place ❤️

I have spent a lot of time recently ranting and raving on the group Facebook page due to all the members who expect to be spoon fed information.

ElgrandOC was set up and is centered around this forum. This is the central hub, the heart if you will, of the club.

For those who are members of both Facebook/Forum, you will have seen me mention about my frustration with "takers". These are the people who think they have a right to be in a club and a right to have their questions answered.

The whole point of setting up ElgrandOC was so that ALL Elgrand owners across the world would have a resource that they could use to keep their car on the road. A place for like minded people to come together to support one another and share their experiences with others. The forum is a repository of information that is free to anyone who wants to use it. If you have no interest in being part of a club, but you want answers to questions, then asking them here (believe it or not) is still contributing to the club. Because the answers given by other members will then be stored and searchable for future owners.

For those people who use Facebook only, they come into the group, ask their questions, get their answers and leave. What does this achieve for the greater community? Nothing. That question is lost in a myriad of other posts never to be seen again after 24 hours. You can't search for it on Google. No one else will ever benefit from that post.

So I would like to take the time to thank every single member of this forum for signing up and posting. Even if you only ever ask questions rather than helping others out, you are still providing a library of material that others will benefit from in the future - and THAT is the spirit of a community, helping others.

So from those of you who have taken the time to join just to ask one question, to those who are here every day and have an unhealthy addiction, thank you for being a part of this club. Every post matters, and every post is appreciated by myself and every other member of this forum.

View attachment 5493
I expect to see that dance at JAE , Karl, whilst you sing death metal Cliff. 😉

View attachment 5493
loving the dance

Love this forum! Thank you also to everyone that has offered help to me in the past with my Elgrands! Without this forum I would have probably been ripped off by many mechanics! I also HATE Facebook so no chance of me moving to the dark side! Thanks admin and @Karl and all you TOP members!!!! :D

just found out southwest elgrands is not part of the group so just ditched them, will stay on here in future,

Back