• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Southern Summer Sunday Sortie - June 13th

Well as you so often say, it was a joke. Make sure you clean the Elgrand though.

Does anyone that’s coming on Sunday have any left over floor rails… maybe from a camper conversion???
Ideally I’m looking for 2 middle seat outside rails ( the shorter ones) but I can work with any…
EEB3CBEF-2415-45FB-A1F5-D8B0FD941EE4.jpeg
No trim or fittings required, but I’ll happily buy them if they are black.
Thanks
Adrian

Not sure yet mate, started and drove fine this morning. Then started and drove fine again. Left it half an hour then wouldn't start. Had to get back to work so will investigate tonight

All lights on dash, locking unlocking but no crank. The journeys were very small I must admit. Could well be a dud battery but I've always had clicking and flashing of dash lights when trying to crank

Does anyone that’s coming on Sunday have any left over floor rails… maybe from a camper conversion???
Ideally I’m looking for 2 middle seat outside rails ( the shorter ones) but I can work with any…
View attachment 55921
No trim or fittings required, but I’ll happily buy them if they are black.
Thanks
Adrian
Haven't mate, not got that far yet with my conversion, we'll actually not got far at all lol

Not sure yet mate, started and drove fine this morning. Then started and drove fine again. Left it half an hour then wouldn't start. Had to get back to work so will investigate tonight

All lights on dash, locking unlocking but no crank. The journeys were very small I must admit. Could well be a dud battery but I've always had clicking and flashing of dash lights when trying to crank
On the way home......

It's bigger than original but will fit. I have one in mine.
Wasn't the battery, got home tested it and had 12v turned the key and a short of click noise like a relay, tried again and she fired up. Tested the battery while running and got 14v. Started and stop severl times and all firing up each time. Funny!!!

Starter relay or starter solenoid then.
Yep I would agree although I though the starter could of been getting stuck maybe, don't know if that's possible??

Have to source and find where the relay and solinod is now lol

Solenoid is part of the starter. Commonly with age they don't fully throw so no contact to starter motor. I've rebuilt a few in my time, could also be worn carbon brushes on the motor. The starter relay is in the IPDM in the engine bay.

Looks like we may finally have a sunny meet. Hope everyone's AC is working.

Back