• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Southend-on-Sea meet II

Mr G

MR G
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
G
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Oh yes, its happening. last year was a success in my eyes which started of at Southend 'Big' Tesco's so we could congregate and then convoy along the seafront to Shoebury Common. We managed to get 10+ Elgrands along to line up just off the beach on the Veedubs patch.

Sunday 17th June will be the date

This year will be the same setup because if it isn't broke don't fix it. Arrive at Southend Tesco SS0 0JP, between 1000-1030hrs then I will lead the convoy to Chalkwell Beach where we can then cruise the seafront down to Shoebury Common (Uncle Toms Cabin) SS3 9HG.

Once at Shoebury we can park up and poke arounf each others motors. I plan to take a picnic and football with me for the kids. last year I made a move about 1500hrs.
Things to do in the area.
  • The Beach/Sea/Mud
  • Uncle Toms Cabins (Beach cafe)
  • Harvester-5 mins walk
  • Historic Shoebury Garrison 10-15min walk
  • Main Southend Seafront, 5min drive (all the normal seafront facilities)
  • Veedubers to wind up
IMAG0106.jpg
FB_IMG_1496614007289.jpg
IMAG0117.jpg

So lets get some names down here, there was a lot of interest a couple of weeks on the book of face.

1. MrG
  2. Don Graves
  3. Telgrand
  4. Mark Willmore
  5. Elena
  6. Jan Morgan
  7. Chasdad, maybe?
  8. Karlos
  9. Lesley Hurley
  10. Trev Baker
  11. Mark Holmes
  12. Henry Mozley
  13. Grahame
  14. Chris56
  15. Cleancutpete
  16. Dorro(if he can take his drink);)

Last edited:
I'll come if I've got my car by then.
And if I'm not either at judo or football with my son

put me down ... great day out last year ..did you know that's fathers day ?

Weekend push for the southend meet. The rain should have warmed up by then.
put me down ... great day out last year ..did you know that's fathers day ?
Yes I noticed that after i picked the date. what a perfect day out for fathers day eh?

Another Facebook user has joined in making it a dozen so far.

Southend was looking great in the sunshine the other week
IMAG0091(1).jpg

I’m up for it, if my Ellie is fit....

I will be there with my tribe in tow:)

My car is in the dock so I'm a possible

Here is screen shot of the parking prices for Shoebury common. Last year we didn't bother with tickets until the warden turned up on his moped.Screenshot_20180514-205506.png

Not looking good for me. Not registered the car yet

I hope to make it, would be my first meet so will do my best, at a family wedding and evening reception the day before so all depends on alcohol intake lol.

any body taking kids want to know weather to bring along my 5yr old grandson again this year

any body taking kids want to know weather to bring along my 5yr old grandson again this year
I'm taking mine, along with a picnic, bat and ball etc.

Hope to make it if I can get everyone up in time! Perfect excuse to give her a wash!

Hope to make it if I can get everyone up in time! Perfect excuse to give her a wash!
There are poss a couple coming for your neck of the woods me inc. unless I come down the day before

There are poss a couple coming for your neck of the woods me inc. unless I come down the day before
Cool, we used to do day trips to Southend quite often in the summer with my eldest daughter. Be nice to have a day away from Snorbens as we've been stuck here a bit over the last few weeks due to the missus being extremely pregnant!

Back