• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Devon/Cornwall South West and Devon and Cornwall Regional Meet Exeter Sunday 20/11/22

kfgas

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Looks like a lot of new members and Elgrands in the South West an Devon and Cornwall area so just wondering whether there would be any interest in a regional meet perhaps in or around Exeter which I would have thought would be fairly central for most and pretty easy to get to with good access from most of the south west.
I have had my Elgrand since June 2019 and when I first joined the club there were quite a few local meets which were are well supported and were a big part of me actually buying an Elgrand in the 1st place as I went to a meet prior to purchase and the welcome I received and the quality of the vans for the cost was exceptional.
For quite a while since then due to the regional organisers moving on no meetings have been arranged in the South West
I am prepared to organise a meet but would welcome a show of interest first and any thoughts on location and dates etc as I do not know Exeter that well.

SEE BELOW FOR UPDATE

Last edited:
I would be up for meeting a few othears, i see so many elgrands in east Bristol, i was thinking of a Bristol meet at some point but happy to travel to Exeter, always handy to exchange tips on the usual topics, audio, roof racks, bike racks, and the infamous LPG conversions!!!

Would be good to meet you. I am in the process of converting my van to a rear camper and quite a few other mods done and planned.
Always good to see what others have done.
Maybe also organise a meet in Bristol, dependent on date I would be well up for attending.
I now live in Bridgwater but was born and brought up in Kingswood and still have a lots of friends in Bristol.

Sounds good, i'm in Bristol also..

I have done a bit of research for a suitable location since I started this thread and have come up with a couple of options.

Number 1 - Is a countryside setting with a good amount of free parking and in a scenic location and with a food and drink outlet and not too far off the M5 with the opportunity for a countryside walk etc for anyone with a dog and also with picnic tables for anyone that wants to bring there own food.

This venue is Tiverton Bridge Car Park which is within the The Grand Western Canal Country Park.

Address and postcode Tiverton Bridge Car Park Tiverton EX16 7FG

Some reviews are here https://nicelocal.co.uk/south-west/autoservice/tiverton_bridge_car_park/reviews/

The downside with this venue is that it does not have any toilet facilities.

As an alternative we could go for a breakfast meeting at,

Number 2 - The Pitstop Cafe which has a good size free car park and the cafe has some excellent reviews for its food, and also has plenty of outside seating and again is only just off the M5.

This venue is in Marsh Barton Exeter

Address and postcode for this venue 25 Marsh Green Rd E, Marsh Barton, Exeter EX2 8PQ.

Reviews here https://restaurantguru.com/Pit-Stop-Cafe-Exeter
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186254-d5795877-Reviews-Pit_Stop_Cafe-Exeter_Devon_England.html

We would obviously then have use of the toilet facilities within the cafe.

I am open to either as I think that they both have their own advantages and disadvantages and would welcome any thoughts or any further suggestions.

Proposed date of meet Sunday 20/11/22.

Start 11.00.

Just bumping this up to try to see if any interest. :party:

Up for a meet, probably not this side of Xmas for me tho

I'm up for the Exeter meet. Should have found and purchased my pride and joy by then :cool:

Not had an awful lot of feedback so I have decided to make the choice myself. :grinning:

To try to be in as central a location as possible I feel that,

The Pitstop Cafe 25 Marsh Green Rd E, Marsh Barton, Exeter EX2 8PQ

would be the best option and would also have the advantage if the weather was a bit cold or wet that we would have somewhere to shelter for a bit.

Sunday 20/11/22

11.00 start

Look forward to seeing a few of you there.

@john.parham

@Banfa69

@Muel

Just over a week away now.

Well, we're still up for it. Looking forward to meeting other Elgrand owners at our first meet. Was in Exeter yesterday, but didn't visit the venue, so it can be a surprise! Going to working on fitting a tuner 'bandwidth expander' this weekend.

Looks like it's going to be just you and me John, aiming to leave home at 10.00 so should be at the Pitstop cafe just before 11.00.

Anyone else who wants to come along more than welcome.

dont let it put you off if there are only 2 of you we have had a southeast meet with 2 the one after that was 10 so keep it up

No probs kfgas. We'll be there 😉

Can smell the brekky from the car park... Yummm😁

Really nice to meet up with John and Katherine today and there very nice XL, really enjoyed our chat and the breakfast was huge and very tasty.

Couple of pictures of John's XL and my Rider, both S1's and with a combined age of knocking on for 40:D

Exeter Meet.jpg2.jpgExeter Meet.jpg4.jpg

Thanks for organising the meet Kevin. Really enjoyed the chat. See you at one of the other meets in '23

great to see it didn't dampen your enthusiasm next meet you might get more :cool:

So sorry to have missed this I should check the forum more often. The worst is I was actually in Marsh Barton at that time today 😤. I’ll keep a lookout for the next one though.

So sorry to have missed this I should check the forum more often. The worst is I was actually in Marsh Barton at that time today 😤. I’ll keep a lookout for the next one though.
Would have been good to have had you there mate.

Looking to organise another meet in the new year, possibly at the same venue as it seems to be pretty central and quite easy to access off the M5/A30 and the breakfast was really good and a decent size car park.

Back