• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Shell Island Weekend Camp (26th-28th April 2019)

Hi. Are we making a list of who and How many members are going?. Going to book and pay tonight.😎👍

Hi. Are we making a list of who and How many members are going?. Going to book and pay tonight.😎👍
Can do, let me know when youve paid and you can be first on the list then

Just registered booked and paid , me, jean and 2 dogs. Cheers 😎👍

So im definitely going to Shell Island on the weekend that was originally being organised by the inspiring campers group. Anyone that wishes to come then i am happy to organise a group of us. The aim would be a group communal shelter, with group bbq facilities. For those that haven't been before then its basically a tidal island whose road in is only accessible when the tide is out, at the entrance is a small shop, bar, pizzeria and shower block with power. The rest of the island is a free for all campsite with no electric and a couple of toilet blocks dotted around. There is a beach that runs the length of the island. The prices for the weekend are £7.90 per adult per night, £3.60 per child per night and £2.50 per dog per night. You may camp in tents, campervans or mobile homes but they have no license for caravans. You will need to book and pay through the site directly https://www.shellisland.co.uk/ then let me know if you are coming and we can start to arrange meeting up closer to the time. Hopefully see a few of you there

1) @Simon58 (2 adults, 2 dogs) PAID
2) @jason pullin (2 adults, 1 child, 2 dogs)

Hi everyone, I am new and just finding my way around this site. Shell Island is fantastic - great memories from childhood. Just bought my Elgrand and still finding my way around that too!. Will check dates with work and hope to see you on the island. How do you find out about cut off times for the road crossing?

Hi. All , not sure if anyone has thought about meeting up on the way to shell island , but could I suggest the services on the M56 think they are called chester services even though there not that close to Chester . Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. I suggested these as I'm assuming most people will be traveling along the M56 to get to the meet . 😎👍

gonna see if I can book the time off tonight,too many people at work booked the dates last year,i really wanna do this one.i'll let you know .

Hi. All , not sure if anyone has thought about meeting up on the way to shell island , but could I suggest the services on the M56 think they are called chester services even though there not that close to Chester . Any other suggestions greatly appreciated. I suggested these as I'm assuming most people will be traveling along the M56 to get to the meet . 😎👍

I won't be - it would be the M54 for me, and I suspect anyone else from the Midlands and southwards won't use the M56 either.

My friend Adam owns shell island btw
Lived 5 mins down road, mum dad has hotel in Barmouth

Not quite sure how many of us are going but there should be a few . We will be there with our 2 dogs, already booked. 😎👍

Im all booked and paid now then and have emailed just checking that they are fine with our group and making sure they will let us put up a communal shelter/bbq/seating area. See you all soon

All good, had reply from shell that its fine to put up small communal shelters for no charge if stopping in groups so what have you got @Karl ?

We have to book still. I'll do that this weekend. Me, Mrs EC and a dog probably.

Back