• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Shell Island Weekend Camp (26th-28th April 2019)

We decided not to bother this weekend as there expected 65 mph winds ... we have been on the island when it's been relly bad b4 ... there was people flying 6 man vango kites was not a pretty sight .... we had paid but spoke to them and we can carry our payment over until the nx time we go whitch will be nx weekend ... so stay safe guys hope it's not to bad and you have a good weekend ...

We left, sorry. We didn't realise you had just nipped to Tesco o_O

I'd also like to apologise to you all
@Elgrand Cymru
@ALLUN ROBINS
@Ruth
@cnaimhin
Between the weather and wives it really didn't go the way I hoped.
We survived the night in the van fine however awnings/tents not so lucky. This morning the wives and children were not a happy bunch sat in the wind and rain and wanted to call it a day. I had every intention of coming and saying goodbye but between trying to find a bin to dispose of my poor tent (rip we had many adventures together :sob:) then get the girls to the showers to warm up and talking to reception I got totally sidetracked. Shell have credited us another night to be used at a later date so will look another date when it's poss alot nicer and poss leave the women (no offence to the ones that weren't giving me grief) behind to try again. Anyone local this way then we are looking at a date in Whitby in June and I will be looking at shell again. If you pm me your addresses then once I've got the commemorative stickers run off I shall forward you all your badges of honour to show my appreciation that you all came out to brave storm hannah. Once again many thanks for making the effort and I sincerely apologise that my effort wasn't matched by yours. Hope to catch you all soon

It was good to meet you guys all the same. We'd be up for Shell again, definitely when a storm isn't coming through :p

A real shame about the weather, lets hope the next trip brings the sunshine out.

I've nearly got all my camping gear sorted, so will try to make the next one depending on dates :)

@Elgrand Cymru
@ALLUN ROBINS
@Ruth
@cnaimhin
We survived the night in the van fine however awnings/tents not so lucky. This morning the wives and children were not a happy bunch sat in the wind and rain and wanted to call it a day. I had every intention of coming and saying goodbye but between trying to find a bin to dispose of my poor tent (rip we had many adventures together :sob:) then get the girls to the showers to warm up and talking to reception I got totally sidetracked. Shell have credited us another night to be used at a later date so will look another date when it's poss alot nicer and poss leave the women (no offence to the ones that weren't giving me grief) behind to try again. Anyone local this way then we are looking at a date in Whitby in June and I will be looking at shell again. If you pm me your addresses then once I've got the commemorative stickers run off I shall forward you all your badges of honour to show my appreciation that you all came out to brave storm hannah. Once again many thanks for making the effort and I sincerely apologise that my effort wasn't matched by yours. Hope to catch you all soon
A real shame the weather let you all down. I was looking at the forecast and thinking how bad it could get, I was on Angelsea a couple of years ago and it was bad enough at 60mph winds and rain, last night there were gust of over 75 mph around North Wales. Today I drove to Towyn along the coast road and it was horrendous so full marks to you all for touching it out. Well done all.

The weather was terrible n scary, but still nice to see/meet some others. We are still there, it’s calmed down a lot, went riding round, found a little shelter bit, inland away from the sea front
Just can't keep a good camper down, hope the rest of your stay is more restful.

thankyou for the help getting my awning down and thrown in the car guys,ABSOLUTE STARS:):):).Decided to have a bite to eat then went to porthmaddog,abberdovey,trawsfynnyd,treath beach,the lake at bala and harlech before going home,stunning scenery.So not a bad trip and i got to experience camping in a storm(exciting or what).

thankyou for the help getting my awning down and thrown in the car guys,ABSOLUTE STARS:):):).Decided to have a bite to eat then went to porthmaddog,abberdovey,trawsfynnyd,treath beach,the lake at bala and harlech before going home,stunning scenery.So not a bad trip and i got to experience camping in a storm(exciting or what).

That’s the spirit!!!

@Elgrand Cymru
@ALLUN ROBINS
@Ruth
@cnaimhin
We would be up for whitby x and shell again.. Its brightened up now x we are having a day outside x

The weather was terrible n scary, but still nice to see/meet some others. We are still there, it’s calmed down a lot, went riding round, found a little shelter bit, inland away from the sea front
Sorry didn't realise you where sill here x

Glad you had a good tour @ALLUN ROBINS the scenery is beautiful up around there.

Back