• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Shell Island Weekend Camp (26th-28th April 2019)

jason pullin

E50 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Elgrand
E50
Region
Midlands
So im definitely going to Shell Island on the weekend that was originally being organised by the inspiring campers group. Anyone that wishes to come then i am happy to organise a group of us. The aim would be a group communal shelter, with group bbq facilities. For those that haven't been before then its basically a tidal island whose road in is only accessible when the tide is out, at the entrance is a small shop, bar, pizzeria and shower block with power. The rest of the island is a free for all campsite with no electric and a couple of toilet blocks dotted around. There is a beach that runs the length of the island. The prices for the weekend are £7.90 per adult per night, £3.60 per child per night and £2.50 per dog per night. You may camp in tents, campervans or mobile homes but they have no license for caravans. You will need to book and pay through the site directly https://www.shellisland.co.uk/ then let me know if you are coming and we can start to arrange meeting up closer to the time. Hopefully see a few of you there

1) @Simon58 (2 adults, 2 dogs) PAID
2) @jason pullin (2 adults, 1 child, 2 dogs) PAID
3) @Chris Oliver. (Olly) (2 adults, 2 dogs)
4) @Elgrand Cymru (2 adults, 1 dog) PAID
5) @cnaimhin (2 adults, 6 children) PAID

Last edited:
Potentially interested for me and son...will speak to him and see if he fancies it.....couple days just us 2 and a beach could be great fun..

Stupid question time, sort of.

I really like idea of the this meet, my only concern would be the state of the road... as mines lowered, I’d hate to travel all the way there and then get beached on an uneven road, lol

So, how is the road surface?

I really like idea of the this meet, my only concern would be the state of the road... as mines lowered, I’d hate to travel all the way there and then get beached on an uneven road, lol

The road in is fine, its tarmaced and they have tarmaced roads to get around the island, the only off road would be when you leave it to park up and that is mostly hard grass unless you choose to camp down in the sand dunes then its all on you. If you have a look on the website there are various photos that will give you a bit of an idea

When we go to JAE, there are roads around the site (like at Shell), but the stands are on a field. My E50 is slammed (on the bump stops) and although driving across it is painful, never had any issues. There are also some seriously low cars at these events, much lower than the Elgrand, and they seem to be fine.

I don't think you'd have anything to worry about, but the easiest way to check would be to find a field near you (when it's dried up outside and the ground has firmed up) and drive on it. See how it fares :)

no stupid question only stupid answers

So in my experience....

My E50 was lowered and had no issues in fields etc at theme parks and other events.

E51 is Rider and done JAE twice, theme parks and other places parking in fields etc and no issues.

I wouldn't worry buddy

if you get stuck on the grass there will be people to help but id be really surprised...how high off deck is lowest point?

Sounds like a good weekend , first show/ camping of the year . Would be interested, would need to arrive Friday and leave Sunday sounds good. Jeep us informed.😎👍

Provisional interest here. Need to check dates

So is this with inspiring campers still or is it an independent arrangement?

It's now an indipendent arrangement. I get the impression IC have had some problems and are no longer arranging any meets. It would be good to do an Elgrand weekend thing instead.

It's now an indipendent arrangement. I get the impression IC have had some problems and are no longer arranging any meets. It would be good to do an Elgrand weekend thing instead.

Yeah, a whole island to ourselves... what could possibly go wrong :)

Just checked with the Boss (wife) and count us in , 2 Adults and 2 dogs fri/sat night . 😎👍
No problem, just book yourselves in via the shell island website and ill see you there

Going to be an independant Elgrand affair now, although there are still a fair few members of the inspiring campers group still going as like myself they had booked the weekends off work etc.

She'll island is an awesome place. I gigged there years ago and it was a great night. Every one was absolutely wasted haha. Yet there was a nice relaxed family vibe the whole time. It's to far for me at present but I'm pretty sure you'll all have a great time.

Sounds like a plan.
Don’t think my Elgrand and all the jobs will be done by that date.
But will be interested if done nearer the time.
Will bookmark the thread

Back