• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West SEE COMPLETED MEETS SECTION FOR Ham Hill Meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SOUTH WEST AREA MEETING DATE !

Hi again Chris. The plan IS to meet at Ham Hill Country Park. Colin (Ramster) suggested that any of you coming from Bristol and above MIGHT want to meet at Gordano and travel down together, but that is entirely up to those who want to do that.

THERE IS NO CHANGE TO THE ORIGINAL PLAN We are due to meet up at Ham Hill Country Park at 11am on Saturday June 6th, and I will be there to meet you all.

I will send out a final guide for those attending in about 10 days. I have been in touch with the Country Park ranger, and understand that there are 5 car parks. My wife and I are going to Crewkerne next week, so will go and do a recce, as we will be quite close, and then I will be able to update everybody.

Obviously, coming from other directions I don't know your best route, but I would use your Satnav to the Country Park postcode which is on the original meet post. TA14 6RW. If you need further help let me know.

Keith.

5 car parks - sounds interesting. hope there are more intending to come to make your efforts worthwhile. Let's hope the weather is good for it :thumbup:

Weather is ordered fine!! It will be fun for those who turn up. Looking forward to it, and hope it will be the first of many meetings.

Attendance is looking GREAT. I am so pleased by the response by you SW area owners. Really encouraging. :D

Hi, can you add us newbies to the list please? Looking forward to it :wave2:

Great stuff. Look forward to seeing you there, and I have added you to the list.
Thanks for supporting this. Great that we have so many members down this way. :yahoo:
Keith

I've posted this on the Largo forum, hope that's OK. Let me know if not and I can remove it.

Can't see a problem with that Karl. Response has been very good, and looking forward to the meet.
Fancy a run to Somerset? :mrgreen:

Only kidding. I presume you'll be at Billing Aquadrome the next day and hope you have a good day too.

Keith

looks like i am out of this one...i will be in Morley getting my engine rebuild...rebuilt as it has gone belly up...not that it was working from the last time

Thanks for letting me know Kieron. That's bad news for you :sick: Hope you get your engine problems sorted out, and will look forward to seeing you at a future meet. Keith

Re: SOUTH WEST Meet UPDATE

Hi to all you guys and ladies attending the meet at Ham Hill Country Park a week on Saturday...... YES :yahoo: :yahoo: IT'S THAT CLOSE.

My wife and I have to go over to Dorset on Tuesday, so while we are there we will shoot over to the park and check out the venue, to make location details easier for us all.

PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR AN UPDATE that I will post here on Wednesday.

Keith.

Managed to move some stuff around and we're now free on the 6th :)

Can you add us to the list please.

Terrific! Look forward to seeing your there. Thanks for joining us.

I will add you to the list right now. Please check here on Wednesday for more details.

Keith :D

Ok people, this message goes out to those people travelling south on the m5 past Bristol who would like to meet up , and travel to ham hill country park in convoy, if you would like to meet up ,I would suggest Gordano services, which is just off junction 19 of the m5 , 1st exit off the r/b stay in left hand lane , and follow lorry park sign park on right hand side , lorry park will be quieter & easier ,ps meet up time 9.15 ish, any pobs you are more than welcome to pm me cheers for now colin,

Re: SOUTH WEST AREA Meet............ UPDATE!!

[highlight=yellow]OK. Here is the FINAL UPDATE for the meet at Ham Hill Country Park on June 6th.[/highlight]

Your Satnav will get you to within 100 yards of the entrance to the Country Park. There are some houses on the left as you drive up the road. Just keep going, and you will then see a sign for the park.
Continue up this road, and after about 300 yards you will come to an entrance on your left, where you will see a big Green sign which directs you to the left for the car parks and the Prince of Wales Pub, and to the right for the Visitor Centre and Toilets.

[highlight=yellow]IGNORE THIS SIGN. DO NOT TURN OFF HERE[/highlight]. Carry on up the road.

Go past a viewpoint on your right.

Continue until you see a STONE MARKER on your right which says
Norton Car Park..

Just NEAR THIS.... ON YOUR LEFT, is the car park that we are hoping to use. It has a LOOSE but clean surface and may be a little uneven, so please take care when entering as there may be the odd pothole.

If... By any chance this car park is full, then continue for a further 150 yards and use the next one on your left.

***There is a further car park on the right called Lime Kiln. It is full of big potholes so not recommended for our lovely cars! It's really VERY BADLY POTHOLED.. AVOID.

We have been to recce the location today. Stunning countryside, and really great for a meet up.

There is a pub within the park if anyone wants to visit it. Also toilets in the pub, and at the visitor centre.

All we need now is great weather, and we have the makings of a great day out.

I am aiming to be in the Car Park (as above) for around 10.30 am, and will be on the lookout for you. We will eventually be walking along some quite narrow paths to get to our picnic spot, so sensible shoes are suggested.

IF for whatever reason you are late. Follow the Park markers which are in the car park to the STONE CIRCLE. It's about 5 minutes walk from the pub if you need to ask directions.

The country park is only about 5 minutes from the A303/A356 junction for Crewkerne. Come off at this junction, and you will almost immediately turn off left to the village of Stoke-Sub-Hamdon and it's signed clearly from the village.

OK That's it from me, and look forward to seeing you all.

Don't forget your picnic!

If you are bringing a dog, like us, then PLEASE pick up and bin any dog poo. Nobody likes to tread in dog shite, and I'm sure we want to be seen as a responsible club.

Keith :D

Hopefully will be able to make it, just depends when an upcoming hospital appointment is. Alan

Will be great to see you if you are able to join us.

I'll put you on the list, and you can update me when you know

Thanks Alan. :D

Keith

can you give me an idea of how far from the car park the area you are intending to use is?

Hi Chris. It's only about 10 minutes walk from the car park to the pub, but if that is a problem, then I'm sure you will be able to park in one of the closer car parks or even by the pub. Alternatively, I'm sure I can run you to the pub if mobility is a problem. It' is very close...... but the paths ARE quite narrow.

The only reason I thought the other car park will be better, is that when we went on Tuesday, there were only 2 or 3 random spaces free. Saturdays, we are sure, will be busier. Certainly not enough space for maybe 10 Elgrands!! And it will be nice to get all the cars together for some photos.

Let me know if you still have any concerns. I'll do my best to help.

Keith

Incredible. We are now up to 10 Members attending. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Look forward to seeing you all NEXT SATURDAY

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE RECENT UPDATE.. Posted above.. FOR DIRECTIONS.

Apologies but we won't be able to come now but hope you all have a brilliant time :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back