• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Seat swivel from sugoicampers

I called them up and ordered 2, though with the height increase I’m not sure I’ll use one on the drivers side, I find being 6ft3 my head only just clears the roof ( that being said I have big hair)

I found the base fitting fairly easy. Removing the spot welds and bolts was a little more tricky but nothing a grinder some patients and some drill bits couldn’t sort.

Struggling to fit the seat to the base doing my head in no room to work in

I will get there .. found the two front brackets holes on base do not match the holes in the runners. … have a welder will get it sorted.. have watched the utube tutorial and. It’s w##k .. so fitting seat the base first then fitting it to the floor ..

I will get there … I’m an kinda trial n error fella , but don’t give up easily.. the seat will be fitted and working as it should by the weekend , I may have set the seat on fire but it will f##king swivel
All fitted and working as it should .. just needed me to put my boiler suit on ….

Just finished fitting one of these. To be honest if I’d known the level of hassle I wouldn’t have bothered and would have paid someone to do it 🤣

The video is nonsense, the screw to activate the swivel actually has to go to the rear of the seat not the front. With my seat there was absolutely no way it would fit at the front.

Removing the feet from the existing seat was a right chew. Mine were riveted, spot welded and then fillet welded too.

2 of the holes in the base were not quite inline with the seat runners so needed enlarging (out by a couple of millimetres) and there was no way I was using piddly steel ‘weetabix plates’ to hold on the seat so I’ve had to buy longer bolts and will use nylocs. Also the seat needs raising (4mm) on one side as the slide mechanism sits lower than the other side. Finally needed to slightly grind off a small part of the seat to to make it sit ‘true’ in the frame.

Don’t know whether I’ve been unlucky but this has not been a fun exercise.

The plate sent was definitely correct for the van as I double checked before ordering, as a bit of kit it’s robust and in my opinion likely stronger than the original seat mountings but Sugoi need a better video and instructions…

Just finished fitting one of these. To be honest if I’d known the level of hassle I wouldn’t have bothered and would have paid someone to do it 🤣

The video is nonsense, the screw to activate the swivel actually has to go to the rear of the seat not the front. With my seat there was absolutely no way it would fit at the front.

Removing the feet from the existing seat was a right chew. Mine were riveted, spot welded and then fillet welded too.

2 of the holes in the base were not quite inline with the seat runners so needed enlarging (out by a couple of millimetres) and there was no way I was using piddly steel ‘weetabix plates’ to hold on the seat so I’ve had to buy longer bolts and will use nylocs. Also the seat needs raising (4mm) on one side as the slide mechanism sits lower than the other side. Finally needed to slightly grind off a small part of the seat to to make it sit ‘true’ in the frame.

Don’t know whether I’ve been unlucky but this has not been a fun exercise.

The plate sent was definitely correct for the van as I double checked before ordering, as a bit of kit it’s robust and in my opinion likely stronger than the original seat mountings but Sugoi need a better video and instructions…
I found it better to fit the seat to the base, then Fit it to the base to the car .. just leave some of the fittings lose so you can adjust it to meet up with the floor mounting points .. it’s not fun anyway you do it until afterwards.. well done you most would had given up ..

I found it better to fit the seat to the base, then Fit it to the base to the car .. just leave some of the fittings lose so you can adjust it to meet up with the floor mounting points .. it’s not fun anyway you do it until afterwards.. well done you most would had given up ..
Cheers but in my circumstance it wouldn’t have helped. 😀

Floor mounting was the easy bit 👍

Glad it’s done but it’s in my top 5 jobs never to repeat, must have had the seat in and out a half dozen times.

Can anyone shed light on what the big box is under my seat?

D639-D983-05-C5-40-F4-8-F17-3-A916-DA1-C809.jpg

Back