• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Satisfaction

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
With so much uncertainty and chaos in the world, this was endlessly satisfying.

IMG_20200325_130157.jpg

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I remember my first boyfriend when he was on a YTS Scheme could put 50p of fuel in and we'd go for a drive.
FIFTY PENCE fgs, you couldn't even get a squirt for that nowadays (ooh err)

Fuzz

E50 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E50
Region
South East
I remember my first boyfriend when he was on a YTS Scheme could put 50p of fuel in and we'd go for a drive.
FIFTY PENCE fgs, you couldn't even get a squirt for that nowadays (ooh err)
Oh them were the days eh,yts....youth training scheme/yop.....youth opportunity programme(did both late seventies)petrol under 50p a gallon,atand alone two stroke pumps on forecourt,often free for a squirt of that for the bikesπŸ‘πŸ‘showing our ages here methinksπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰and you another year older recentlyπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Fuzz

E50 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E50
Region
South East
Oh them were the days eh,yts....youth training scheme/yop.....youth opportunity programme(did both late seventies)petrol under 50p a gallon,atand alone two stroke pumps on forecourt,often free for a squirt of that for the bikesπŸ‘πŸ‘showing our ages here methinksπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰and you another year older recentlyπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚
Oh and Β£12.50 a week of which i had to pay Β£10 lodgings i think it was....them were the days eh?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Yep this must have been in the 90s, kills me when there's a kid on TV and they get asked their year of birth and they say 2001, hurts my brain lol, where did the time go πŸ˜•

Having said that I was born in the 70s and you were on a training scheme then so probably sounds weird to you too.

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Oh and Β£12.50 a week of which i had to pay Β£10 lodgings i think it was....them were the days eh?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I think my boyfriend got about Β£37 per week. Mind you you could get a house for 30k πŸ˜‚

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
i was born in 57 and remember 12 quid a week was my first wage and 50p a gallon in my Yamaha dt 250 third to the oldman for keep third savings and the rest was mine overtime at time and a half double time on Sundays :joy::joy: yah those were the days

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
My first wage was Β£76 per week part time.

I remember how anyone could buy a house, I'd go back to the good old days in a heartbeat but no way would I want to start all over again this day and age. Poor sods.

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
That is cheap for 4 star ;)

My petrol consumption has plummeted so makes no difference how much it costs anymore!

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Fuel is cheap in Australia at the moment too, in Adelaide I'm paying $1.17 a litre for 98ron, which is roughly 60 pence.
Wowzers, what are your LPG prices?

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands

Elgrandpa

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Β£29.00 to fill up...my first car was only Β£25.00!