• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Santapod replacement 2nd 3rd 4th october

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our awning has been hanging in the garage all week,think it's dry now☔☔☔

I was given a brand new tent from go out doors due to a ripped guy rope so no drying out for me

I went to Chester zoo yesterday with the wife and seen a dirty burger on menu and thought oh yes memories of last week end well they need some tips from cliff not been able to get of toilet all day

Not had time to revisit the caravan where we store it but we left it's awning stood in the caravan shower for water to hopefully run off.

During the major downpour (the night one) at Billing one of our awning poles was badly bent due to water pooling on the roof. Paul @Kenzie said he might have one (thanks for the offer mate) but I'll need to check it's design and length etc before knowing what will be needed.

Not had time to revisit the caravan where we store it but we left it's awning stood in the caravan shower for water to hopefully run off.
Could get a bit smelly if the air can't circulate 😷

I managed to get mine up on Tuesday and used my pet dryer from the inside to dry it off. Then while it was up re waterproofed it.

Lmao, I didn't know u had Ur own account on here, u were an absolute diamond girl, thank you for the whiskey and the great company 👍
It's 'the missus'.. Own account partly out of interest, partly so we both support the forum, partly to keep tabs on me! ;)
She can see when I'm online etc...

I can't manage to get the marquee up, not enough people lol, I've managed to lean it up in my pool room to try and air it a little before I hire somewhere to store it lol

During the major downpour (the night one) at Billing one of our awning poles was badly bent due to water pooling on the roof. Paul @Kenzie said he might have one (thanks for the offer mate) but I'll need to check it's design and length etc before knowing what will be needed.
Check size of pole and if Paul hasn’t a pole for u , give me a shout , got loads of poles , I’ve even got awnings , full carbon fibre pole set , and annex that would fit your van

Check size of pole and if Paul hasn’t a pole for u , give me a shout , got loads of poles , I’ve even got awnings , full carbon fibre pole set , and annex that would fit your van
Cheers Malc, I'll keep that it mind and let you know how I get on :)

At Billing it was a good job I woke up at 545AM for a drink of water after supping so much ale and went for a cig in the awning... which is when I noticed the bow in the roof of the awning or I'm sure it would have collapsed. Me and 'missus spent 20 minutes moving the caravan step to push up on the roof to get water off and then I had to invert the bent pole to prevent the same (water pooling on awning roof) happening again.

Last edited:
At the moment emailing to get details will be staying 3 nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back