• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

SANTA POD. JAP SHOW FINALS. 2nd / 3rd OCTOBER 2021 CLUB STANDS BACK.

Didn't notice any last year
Hmm, we also have a tent and no doubt a lot of forum members who will be on the club stand will be staying in tents... But might prefer to bring the caravan if possible, maybe even if there isn't electric hook-up available - if we come. Would like to come for this weekend, partly for the show and partly to meet up with owners already met again.

Just to draw the kind of attention that will usually lead to a quick and correct answer, I'll tag @Kenzie, as I reckon Paul will be clued up on this and I know he comes on forum often ;-) Can you answer questions on my post above mate?
When iv done shows at pod iv had my caravan and tent on the stand with me but like wise if gone a bit further field if it looks like it could be a roudy event it all depends on show organisers and what they have asked permission for and which plot we're on

Hmm, we also have a tent and no doubt a lot of forum members who will be on the club stand will be staying in tents... But might prefer to bring the caravan if possible, maybe even if there isn't electric hook-up available - if we come. Would like to come for this weekend, partly for the show and partly to meet up with owners already met again.
We slept in our awning was ok,bit noisy with all the singing (cliff,Karl and the reverend 🤣🤣 and in the end the security who came over to tell them to be quite and ended up staying 🤣🤣

Last edited:
To answer a few questions above.
Theres no electric hookups anywhere at santapod.
We have had a caravan on the club stand before, but it depends where the club gets put as to whether there is room for one.
People have used tents, but again it depends where we get placed as there is only grass patches dotted around the site, so we could or could not be near those areas. Most of the site is hard standing, so it would be impossible to pitch a tent if we were put on hard standing only.
The majority of people just sleep in their vans. (Obviously difficult if there's a few of you coming)

There is a seperate camping area where tents caravans can be put, but this is quite a way away from the club stand areas. Might be a blessing if uts a rowdy one, as people have found in the past.

Me any n enzo will be in same boat with our tent if need be weal pitch on field n leave car on stand

Do we buy tickets solo for this event or as a collective as I'm just trying to organise my diary

I’d be interested in coming to this event, but it’d need to be on the camping ground as I need to pitch my awning. It would be two adults, how do we proceed? Never been to a club meet before so it’s all new to me 😃

I’d be interested in coming to this event, but it’d need to be on the camping ground as I need to pitch my awning. It would be two adults, how do we proceed? Never been to a club meet before so it’s all new to me 😃
Brian is out of action ATM, just put down how many of you and when he's back on his feet I'm sure he'll add u to the list or maybe another admin will

ah yes of course, just the 2 of us …. Thanks.

I'd be up for this just for the Sunday. 2 adults and 2 children. I'm in the same boat as redmeg as ever been to anything like this. How does it all work? What are the costs?

Don't think anybody has taken over from Brian,he is still poorly and was collecting the money,so as a club don't think it's happening

Hi all, one of the drawbacks of the chemotherapy i am on is that it destroys your ability to stick at things and get things done, that said i have to have something to aim for to get back to a little normality so i am still up for organising the club stand with Santa Pod. Over the next few days i will put the costs up and start taking payment for the tickets, i will also need your address to post the tickets out to. Now payment will be required as early as you can because I have to pay for the stand at the time of booking, I will try to get us as close to the start line end as poss. Now please dont mess me around as I have a low tolerance of getting messed about at the moment.
Thanks Brian.

Hi all, one of the drawbacks of the chemotherapy i am on is that it destroys your ability to stick at things and get things done, that said i have to have something to aim for to get back to a little normality so i am still up for organising the club stand with Santa Pod. Over the next few days i will put the costs up and start taking payment for the tickets, i will also need your address to post the tickets out to. Now payment will be required as early as you can because I have to pay for the stand at the time of booking, I will try to get us as close to the start line end as poss. Now please dont mess me around as I have a low tolerance of getting messed about at the moment.
Thanks Brian.
You're a bloody star bud, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Great news Brian,good to see your back on your feet and up to organising this weekend ,top man😁👍👍

Back