• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West Run to the Sun - September Blackpool Meet.

Which Sunday in September suits you?

• A. 12th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B. 19th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • C. 26th

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
UPDATE PROPOSED ITINERARY:

DATE - September 26th.
ARRIVAL TIME : 6:20pm -6:45pm
Marshall point : Lidl car park, south shore, Squires Gate Lane, Blackpool.
(Caveat- I've approached a local car dealer about the possibility of meeting on their forecourt, so this may change)

Plan: meet up, chat, oggle each others cars for a bit and be general car bores.

THEN: CONVOY down the front to NOTORIANNIS ICE CREAM. They will be trading till 8pm, and parking can be difficult.
The illuminations are not turned on till 7:30pm.

We can then continue in convoy the rest of the way, down the front, and then into Bispham, where there are static illuminations road side, which might give opportunity for photos (traffic and weather dependent.
It would be nice to end up at Mary's Shell in Clevelys with the sunset for more photos, but again weather and conditions dependent.

Please can you just confirm if you're coming.

@Gwilo365 ,@Kenzie @Gav69
And anyone else

Last edited:
UPDATE PROPOSED ITINERARY:

DATE - September 26th.
ARRIVAL TIME : 6:20pm -6:45pm
Marshall point : Lidl car park, south shore, Squires Gate Lane, Blackpool.
(Caveat- I've approached a local car dealer about the possibility of meeting on their forecourt, so this may change)

Plan: meet up, chat, oggle each others cars for a bit and be general car bores.

THEN: CONVOY down the front to NOTORIANNIS ICE CREAM. They will be trading till 8pm, and parking can be difficult.
The illuminations are not turned on till 7:30pm.

We can then continue in convoy the rest of the way, down the front, and then into Bispham, where there are static illuminations road side, which might give opportunity for photos (traffic and weather dependent.
It would be nice to end up at Mary's Shell in Clevelys with the sunset for more photos, but again weather and conditions dependent.

Please can you just confirm if you're coming.

@Gwilo365 ,@Kenzie @Gav69
And anyone else
Count me in guys 😊

Menage a trois....😳
Hoping a few more see this and sign up.

Probably won't make Mary's Shell, as sun will be long gone by the time we get there, but Bispham side of the illuminations will still feature.

Hi guys/girls
Any date/time is fine by me. Hopefully we can get this one sorted. Be nice to meet some of you guys finally.
Convoy through the illuminations sound good, If you're thinking about a Sunday run what about half-term in late October for those with kids?
The closer we get to Xmas the earlier it gets darker so the earlier the run can be done?
Is there any reason it can't be a Saturday afternoon evening event?

Convoy through the illuminations sound good, If you're thinking about a Sunday run what about half-term in late October for those with kids?
The closer we get to Xmas the earlier it gets darker so the earlier the run can be done?
It was put to a vote on previous thread I think Saturday is .ore beneficial foe me but Sunday it were looking at setting a monthly meet up to get members involved

Prom will be utterly gridlocked at half term on a Saturday afternoon/evening.
Even more so 23rd October, fireworks display which results in everything stopping for at least an hour as pedestrian chaos ensues.
I just proposed the Sunday this time around. If members prefer a Saturday, next time round I'll look to do one on that day, something more daytime based.

Prom will be utterly gridlocked at half term on a Saturday afternoon/evening.
Even more so 23rd October, fireworks display which results in everything stopping for at least an hour as pedestrian chaos ensues.
I just proposed the Sunday this time around. If members prefer a Saturday, next time round I'll look to do one on that day, something more daytime based.
I did the van with lights show 2 years ago took from 7pm till 1130pm to go from north lights to central

During half term? What day was that?

Didn't matter, was curious in case the carnage will impact the planned run for us on 26th.
I'm think I'll take a run down this Sunday evening as a trial.

More details for those coming.

Meeting/Marshall point. Thought we could aim to get a shot of a few Elgrands with the Nissan Logo lit up in the background
It's quiet, as it's on a trading estate. The dealership are currently not responding to gentle enquiries about being on the lot. But opposite is a wide car park entry that isn't apparently in use outside hours.
Screenshot_20210919_123623.jpg

Ice cream: NOTORIANNIS is on a one way street, with parking issues. So we will have to turn off the prom just before and go round (green line) with possibly having to park on that route as close to the red as possible for indulgence.

Then, back onto the main drag.
Mary's Shell up at clevelys will be in darkness and isn't visible from the parking, so night only get as far as Bispham/norbreck castle, but open to suggestions for how to wrap up proceedings.

I'm easy buddy all I need are timings and location and il be there (if not earlier weather permitant for beach and tide)

Looking forward to it guys/girls. Nice to finally meet some of you! As for the Notarianni’s, it’s always in my freezer 😋

I'm easy buddy all I need are timings and location and il be there (if not earlier weather permitant for beach and tide)
Time : 6:25pm - 6:45pm.

Final meeting point will depend ultimately on numbers.
Lidl is the most capacious, and would get us noticed more, in a positive way (not revving, popping zorsts) if the dealership photo op doesn't get legs this week.

Well, my dummy run only showed I was a dummy.
Utter gridlock. As per @Kenzie mentioned. Trust the driver. My optimism was pure delusion.
Covered less than 1/4 mile in an hour.

So....time change (and more in keeping with run to the sun)

Meet up/marshal 4:15-4:30.
Trek up to NOTORIANNIS. Ice cream or ice cream milkshake before dinner? How very decadent and rebel of me.
Carry on up to Clevelys & park up by Marys Shell for the view and bit of beach.
After that, people can do as they see fit - there's several places to eat in the vicinity, though I can't vouch for if they are any good.
Tagging all relevant people @Kenzie @Gav69 @Lpgc @Simjoh @RuskinStreet

Back