• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West Run to the Sun - September Blackpool Meet.

Which Sunday in September suits you?

• A. 12th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B. 19th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • C. 26th

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Well, my dummy run only showed I was a dummy.
Utter gridlock. As per @Kenzie mentioned. Trust the driver. My optimism was pure delusion.
Covered less than 1/4 mile in an hour.

So....time change (and more in keeping with run to the sun)

Meet up/marshal 4:15-4:30.
Trek up to NOTORIANNIS. Ice cream or ice cream milkshake before dinner? How very decadent and rebel of me.
Carry on up to Clevelys & park up by Marys Shell for the view and bit of beach.
After that, people can do as they see fit - there's several places to eat in the vicinity, though I can't vouch for if they are any good.
Tagging all relevant people @Kenzie @Gav69 @Lpgc @Simjoh @RuskinStreet
Can you confirm the date @Gwilo365 ? Are you still planning for 26th September?

Well, my dummy run only showed I was a dummy.
Utter gridlock. As per @Kenzie mentioned. Trust the driver. My optimism was pure delusion.
Covered less than 1/4 mile in an hour.

So....time change (and more in keeping with run to the sun)

Meet up/marshal 4:15-4:30.
Trek up to NOTORIANNIS. Ice cream or ice cream milkshake before dinner? How very decadent and rebel of me.
Carry on up to Clevelys & park up by Marys Shell for the view and bit of beach.
After that, people can do as they see fit - there's several places to eat in the vicinity, though I can't vouch for if they are any good.
Tagging all relevant people @Kenzie @Gav69 @Lpgc @Simjoh @RuskinStreet
There that busy all the trams are pre book only and sold out aswell

Put me down as a maybe @Gwilo365, it's my Granddaughter's 10th birthday on the 26th and plans for the day are in a state of flux at the moment. She loves an Elgrand convoy but the "other half" may have other plans!
The minute I get a firm response from "she who must be obeyed" I'll let you know.
Out of interest, how any confirmed attendances do you have? (May be crucial if me and the little 'un are going start lobbying lol!)

I don't know if I've already mentioned this, but as it's my wedding anniversary that weekend, I'm bowing out. She loves me, but not enough for a trip to Blackpool sorry! Have a great time though and I look forward to the pics 👍🏻😊

Put me down as a maybe @Gwilo365, it's my Granddaughter's 10th birthday on the 26th and plans for the day are in a state of flux at the moment. She loves an Elgrand convoy but the "other half" may have other plans!
The minute I get a firm response from "she who must be obeyed" I'll let you know.
Out of interest, how any confirmed attendances do you have? (May be crucial if me and the little 'un are going start lobbying lol!)
Man math suggests four from this commented, but there were 8 votes for 26th originally. If I could see who, I'd tag them to give them a nudge to confirm.

Man math suggests four from this commented, but there were 8 votes for 26th originally. If I could see who, I'd tag them to give them a nudge to confirm.
I've had the "thumbs up" from "she who must be obeyed"! We are doing Chester Zoo then heading up your way Sunday afternoon, if you can PM/DM the plans for the day please (including postcode for meet up), if there are any changes on the day I will give you my mobile number as I won't be on-line much that day.

Urgent update to all:
In light of the fuel shortages being reported across the country, and indeed here locally there all anyway maybe queues at every station that still has fuel (seen a shell closed, Morrisons won't be far behind looking at things), biggest Tesco closed for refit, Esso and remaining shell backed up across major carriageways.....

I can't really justify sitting on the prom burning fuel for an hour plus when I don't know when I can next get some.
Several of your are proposing traveling 60+ miles just to get here, and probably have the same fuel shortages locally, so using what you currently have on a little jolly to the seaside seems somewhat unwise. The Govt transport secretary says he's working on the problem....so fuel supply will be totally bajaxxed by this evening and will remain so till summer at least.

I think the meet should be cancelled. Cancelling might cause some inconvenience to schedules and plans, but not nearly as much as running out of fuel for our necessary trips.
Sorry.
Maybe something later to include the lights at a tea time.

I'm happy either way I have 170l of fuel

Full tank of LPG and full tank of petrol?

My black Elgrand currently has a full tank of LPG and half a tank of petrol, the petrol gauge hasn't moved since months before my holiday in Cornwall and that started a month ago. I forget how much fuel is in my black Elgrand, think that's got a full tank of both.

Not worried about inability to buy petrol because I hardly use any. If I was worried about inability to buy LPG I could fill up some of the various LPG tanks I've got dotted around the yard and could fit (loose and temporary, fixed and permanent, or properly quick fit using quick release wingnuts and Hanson fittings) any of them in the back of the Elgrand.. loose would only take half an hour to fit the plumbing and could easily add another 100 litres or even 500 litres of LPG capacity.

Well I’m still more than happy to go, but if the decision is made to cancel can we know ASAP
Cheers guys
Happy to take a run out if I can get half a tank in this weekend, keep me updated

@Kenzie @Lpgc @Gav69 now I've got a full tank I'm up for it. It's my Grandaughter's 10th birthday on Sunday and she was looking forward to bit of a convoy after we've been to Chester Zoo. I believe there is a bit of "inconvenience" at the M56/M6 junction but can bypass that on the new Mersey bridge. @Kenzie I'll be skirting close to Skem going that way, do you want to arrange to travel in a pair?

Well, that's me told then.
I just wanted to flag it, in case anyone was sucking on fumes and wanted to preserve what they had in case of Ampe longed fuel drought.

As everyone appears to be fully fuelled, and I've got a nearly full LPG, 60miles of super in the tank and 340milesnof diesel in the other car, we are still on.

I've never done a cruise or meet before, so be gentle😁

@Kenzie @Lpgc @Gav69 now I've got a full tank I'm up for it. It's my Grandaughter's 10th birthday on Sunday and she was looking forward to bit of a convoy after we've been to Chester Zoo. I believe there is a bit of "inconvenience" at the M56/M6 junction but can bypass that on the new Mersey bridge. @Kenzie I'll be skirting close to Skem going that way, do you want to arrange to travel in a pair?
Normally I would do bud but think we're going up in the morning to have a play on the beech (do you have the yearly passes for the zoo if so we could always do a meet there 1 day to as we have the yearly passes) but il speak with wife tomorrow and see how she wants to do for the day

Well, that's me told then.
I just wanted to flag it, in case anyone was sucking on fumes and wanted to preserve what they had in case of Ampe longed fuel drought.

As everyone appears to be fully fuelled, and I've got a nearly full LPG, 60miles of super in the tank and 340milesnof diesel in the other car, we are still on.

I've never done a cruise or meet before, so be gentle😁
There is no shortage of fuel the only stations that are dry are the 1s being bled dry now most people put a few quid in but there all flustered so there putting full tanks in so 50plus rather than a fiver so it's just keeping up with demand

Normally I would do bud but think we're going up in the morning to have a play on the beech (do you have the yearly passes for the zoo if so we could always do a meet there 1 day to as we have the yearly passes) but il speak with wife tomorrow and see how she wants to do for the day
Mate, don't change your plans on my/our account! We have just got the yearly pass last month, sounds like a plan to discuss on Sunday 👍

Back