• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West Run to the Sun - September Blackpool Meet.

Which Sunday in September suits you?

• A. 12th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B. 19th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • C. 26th

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
We did go to Blackpool but didn't get there til after 5pm. Knew we would be too late for the meet but decided to come anyway to see the illuminations. Didn't take any longer than expected to get to Blackpool, in fact we made great time but set off too late for the meet due to me having to do some work first.

Drove all the way up the front from South to North in the daylight, turned around and drove to Lytham. Heading South on the front we passed a black Elgrand and flashed lights at each other (we were in my black Elgrand), then saw you all in a row waiting to turn North on the front from the side street.

Had an ice cream and a walk on the front at Lytham (the bar between the sea and the lake) waiting for it to get dark... Then drove North all the way through the lights and headed home.

Would've been nice to attend the meet if we could have set off earlier.

Should of messaged we had of just had ice ream at thst point
The thought occurred mate but guessed you'd been for ice-cream, son needed the toilet and wanted an ice-cream, didn't want to force others to change plans on our account when we were late.

The thought occurred mate but guessed you'd been for ice-cream, son needed the toilet and wanted an ice-cream, didn't want to force others to change plans on our account when we were late.
It wouldn't have been any bother.
But there's always next time.

Sounds like you flashed @RuskinStreet and we didn't spot you. I guess I was hiding behind a holiday company taxi doing a drop off, who had kindly blocked the road. Ah well, like @Kenzie says, I need to take it easy.

We only went to se front to brach and a big park for kids

Sounds like you might have got out onto the prom ahead....
My apologies for being tardy about getting going.
You 'mainly missed' @Kenzie scaring the life out a couple of daydreamers with his 'get out of the way' horn 🤭.
M8, my fault entirely, because it was a last minute thing I didn't read the plan on here closely enough, with a dead phone and no charger what possibly could go wrong.
@Kenzie lol, apart from trying to mow down all the street urchins in Blackpool has to scare the holidaymakers half to death! What a star!

I flamin' hate those Landau's.
Most of the drivers are arrogant and just pull out all over the shop without looking behind them first.
And there is one in particular who takes a 'short-cut' down our street (which isn't actually a short cut) and the horse makes a massive dump in front of our drive every time 🤬
Sorry shouldn't laugh :joy: It's good for the roses I hear!

We did go to Blackpool but didn't get there til after 5pm. Knew we would be too late for the meet but decided to come anyway to see the illuminations. Didn't take any longer than expected to get to Blackpool, in fact we made great time but set off too late for the meet due to me having to do some work first.

Drove all the way up the front from South to North in the daylight, turned around and drove to Lytham. Heading South on the front we passed a black Elgrand and flashed lights at each other (we were in my black Elgrand), then saw you all in a row waiting to turn North on the front from the side street.

Had an ice cream and a walk on the front at Lytham (the bar between the sea and the lake) waiting for it to get dark... Then drove North all the way through the lights and headed home.

Would've been nice to attend the meet if we could have set off earlier.
Yup, that was me @Lpgc ! I didn't realise I was the front runner and didn't know where I was meant to be going lol. Dead phone didn't help matters.
Good to meet new faces though and I'll try not to cock it up in November!
It takes monumental fck ups like that to make the day memorable...

20 quid amazon job glad you heard it as you was well up front loo
I want one, apparently it isn't illegal to have a loud horn in the UK 👍 👍 👍

Yup, that was me @Lpgc ! I didn't realise I was the front runner and didn't know where I was meant to be going lol. Dead phone didn't help matters.
Good to meet new faces though and I'll try not to cock it up in November!
It takes monumental fck ups like that to make the day memorable...

I gathered it was you mate... from earlier posts where people have said you left first and they didn't know where you'd gone hehe.

Maybe we'll come again in November and try to meet you all then. I've already met a few of the owners when converting their Elgrands to LPG and have been to a different meet with Kenzie so have met him a few times :)

Back