• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West Run to the Sun - September Blackpool Meet.

Which Sunday in September suits you?

• A. 12th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B. 19th

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • C. 26th

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Gwilo365

Here for life
Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Gathering interest in a Sunday mid morning meet her in Blackpool. A sort of run to the sun in September, after schools are back.
The rough plan is meet up at Coast Riders Diner. Ogle everyone's cars, eat some food (I do need to do a little reconnaissance to see if it's acceptable first). Even though it's primarily plugging themselves as a bikers hangout, they aren't opposed to four wheeled visitors.
Then maybe a cruise down the Prom to Clevelys beach or St. Anne's, but haven't been able to locate somewhere at either with plentiful free/cheap parking yet.

Just looking to see which dates would be most popular, assuming I can find another location as well.
Please vote in the poll so I can gauge numbers.

Is there any beeches we can park on
I think the only beach you could drive into is Southport, though don't know if they do allow that these days anymore.
There's plenty of choice to convene at a car park near to beaches, but no guarantee of being able to all get in of it's busy that day. Plus they are all pay and display by and large. I suppose we could all descend into fairhaven lake vicinity early ISH before it got too busy. There's an ice cream hut, but not much else.

Next time I'm up il give you a shout and we could go for a proper scout about

NEW LOCATION
LYTHAM HALL

It's £1 to park for up to 2 hours, there's a little outdoor cafe area, toilets, nice forest to walk through or lawn area to sit about on with blanket and picnic/snacks

So, how does meeting around 12:30 with the option to trek down to Lytham green/prom for the beach after sound?

NEW LOCATION
LYTHAM HALL

It's £1 to park for up to 2 hours, there's a little outdoor cafe area, toilets, nice forest to walk through or lawn area to sit about on with blanket and picnic/snacks

So, how does meeting around 12:30 with the option to trek down to Lytham green/prom for the beach after sound?
Yep I'm up for that I'm in next Sat away next Sunday not sure about the following week yet as although I'm working for same company I'm on loan to m and s from tomorrow

So far, the majority are favouring 26th September.
Obviously, we can't predict the weather with any certainty just yet, but nice to imagine it will at least be dry!

I don’t think any of the Sundays would be a problem unless something came up last minute, so would be happy to join in.
I will just follow any updates 😁

If you are definitely going to attend on 26th September, would you mind putting your name on here, just so I can just ensure we don't rub Lytham Hall up the wrong way - it's more about a bit of a social in a nice setting, not just standing around each others vans in a car park like the MaxPower brigade in their Corsas/fiestas at McDonald's.

I'll kick it off..

1. Joe (Gwilo365)

If you are definitely going to attend on 26th September, would you mind putting your name on here, just so I can just ensure we don't rub Lytham Hall up the wrong way - it's more about a bit of a social in a nice setting, not just standing around each others vans in a car park like the MaxPower brigade in their Corsas/fiestas at McDonald's.

I'll kick it off..

1. Joe (Gwilo365)
We carnt add on as its your thread bud but stick me down

Best to edit on original post at top

Gathering interest in a Sunday mid morning meet her in Blackpool. A sort of run to the sun in September, after schools are back.
The rough plan is meet up at Coast Riders Diner. Ogle everyone's cars, eat some food (I do need to do a little reconnaissance to see if it's acceptable first). Even though it's primarily plugging themselves as a bikers hangout, they aren't opposed to four wheeled visitors.
Then maybe a cruise down the Prom to Clevelys beach or St. Anne's, but haven't been able to locate somewhere at either with plentiful free/cheap parking yet.

Just looking to see which dates would be most popular, assuming I can find another location as well.
Please vote in the poll so I can gauge numbers.
Might be a bit too far to run, but the Beach Hut Cafe at Preston Marina has free parking thereabouts, and the small boat chandler store attached often has interesting camper adaptable bits too? http://prestonmarina.co.uk/index.php/the-beach-hut-coffee-shop/

It's a good call, but with two rug rats who don't stand still, not sure a car park by the marina is an entirely advisable idea for me😜

Just considering time of day....

Are they any strong feelings about making it later and cruising the illuminations? Or would that be unattractive on a Sunday, with school the next day for some?

Only a thought at this point.

Just considering time of day....

Are they any strong feelings about making it later and cruising the illuminations? Or would that be unattractive on a Sunday, with school the next day for some?

Only a thought at this point.
Not to late for me as I could have a midnight start until the Friday before I never no

Hi guys/girls
Any date/time is fine by me. Hopefully we can get this one sorted. Be nice to meet some of you guys finally.

Back