• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Round of Applause for MrRob_In

@MrRob_in my Elgrand's got over 80,000 miles on it and to the best of my knowledge the cats are still fitted and intact. Not given me any grief yet! Going to be taking it on a 300 mile trip next Monday. :p

The cat issue isn't a problem on the 50 :rofl:

How can you tell they're blocking? I know how desperately I need to decore the cats but many reasons why I can't:
1. I still don't have a jack and stands.
2. I don't have the money to buy them.
3. I don't think I've a cutting bit or a big enough drill bit to decore the cats.

Being tight on cash sucks! For the record I run LPG most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you tell they're blocking? I know how desperately I need to decore the cats but many reasons why I can't:
1. I still don't have a jack and stands.
2. I don't have the money to buy them.
3. I don't think I've a cutting bit or a big enough drill bit to decore the cats.

Being tight on cash sucks! For the record I run LPG most of the time.

Unless they are totally blocked there are likely no symptoms.
Risk of total blocking is much lower on e50 so you should be ok waiting (so long as lpg is installed & set up correctly). Any damage caused by restricted flow should be more gradual than on e51.

In standard form you are basically at same risk level as e51 with rear cats removed. It's just lpg setup is more likely to cause cat damage than just running on petrol.

Cheers Rob - it's on the first list of to-do when I get the money. Been wanting to buy jack and stands at least for a year now but bloody insurance just swallows 1/4 of my earnings.

Fantastic News!!! @MrRob_in thanks for all your help with my Elgrand's

Back