• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

RIP Ellis (Headless) - You were loved and you will be missed

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce the passing of @headless (RIP) (Ellis Kennedy).

Ellis was one of EOC's founding members and supported the club right from the very early days. He attended a lot of meets and played a HUGE part at the big summer events we did (JAE/Yakushi). He was and will always be remembered as the Rockaoke King. His performances with his guitar at shows will never be forgotten and future events will never feel the same without him.

Ellis had a big heart and a bigger mouth. You always knew when he was near. He'd do anything for anyone (that he liked) and he was a first rate entertainer.

For those wanting to know, he suffered a heart attack yesterday (22/12/20) and despite the best attempts of NHS staff, they could not revive him.

We will be sending flowers to his wife and we will be holding a collection (details to follow). All funds raised in his name will either go to his wife to help cover funeral costs, or will be donated to a charity of her choosing. I will update this thread with the details of how to donate to this cause once we have had time to organise something.

For anyone wanting to raise a glass, his favourite tipple at shows was Kracken (rum), or Parma Violet Brothers (cider).

Ellis? ELLIS? WHO THE FUCK IS ELLIS?

Ellis was one of the best, and he will be sorely missed. This is Ellis, in his element. Rest in peace my good friend.

UPDATE

ALL DONATIONS ARE TO BE SENT TO TEAM@ELGRANDOC.UK

Please send all donations as FRIENDS/FAMILY so that PayPal does not take a cut of your donation. Deadline for donations is Friday 15th January. The total will be collated and the club will double this for payment to the chosen charity on Monday 18th January.

Total raised so far is just under £150 (which will then be doubled).

The Funeral will be held on Monday 18th January @ 12:15. There is an attendance limit of 25 due to COVID restrictions but for those wishing to pay their respects, a live stream of the funeral will be available. As soon as I have the link for the web cast, I'll update this thread, but it could be on the date of the funeral. So if you are wanting to participate, save the date and keep an eye out for updates.

FUNERAL WEBCAST UPDATE

Thanks to @BMR for the instruction summary here.

1)- Use http://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/ This should get you to Wesley Media Webcasts home page
2)- Select Webcasts from the Solutions tab at the top of the page.
3)- Go to VIEW YOUR WEBCAST link (beneath the main body of text)
4)- Agree the terms and conditions (usual things to say they are not responsible if your turn green etc)
5)- Log in using the following info LOGIN /ORDER ID 67781. Password vefghwnq

20160909_202304.jpg

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to meet Ellis a few times.. But he was one of those people you felt like you always knew.
He would stand and talk for ages to my son about guitars.
I will never forget our convoy up to Northumberland.... Great fun.

Pass on my regards to his loved ones @Karl and give me a tagg when the donations gets set up.

That's awful news, and why do these things seem to always happen right at Christmas? I never met Ellis, but he sounds like he was larger than life and will be very much missed. Kraken is good stuff too, so I'll be sure to raise a glass towards the heavens in his honour.

RIP Ellis :heart: condolences to his friends and family.

I'm lost for words. 😭😭 When I saw the news this morning I was heartbroken. Ellis was a top bloke. A great laugh at shows. Someone you could talk to about anything, and he always had an opinion on it 🤣 You'll be forever remembered for the awesome entertainment at shows my friend. Rest peacefully Ellis 😥

Back