• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

REMINDER ABOUT NEGATIVE REVIEWS

All,

I have, yesterday, received my first legal threat from a company who had a negative review left on this forum.

This is NOT a joke.

We all know that a bad review of a dealer is just as important as a good one, but we also know that companies do not want their name dragged through the mud.

If you DO leave a negative review, keep it FACTUAL and have EVIDENCE to back it up. This evidence needs to be made public, or at least given to the club administration team so that if we do have someone threaten us with legal action, we have the supporting documents to prove the claims that have been made.

You CANNOT leave a bad review based on your opinions, or how you "felt" about the company.

GOOD EXAMPLE OF A BAD REVIEW

BAD EXAMPLE OF A BAD REVIEW

You MUST be able to back up any claims you make on this forum, any negative reviews or comments about individuals or companies that CANNOT be backed up will be REMOVED without notice, and repeat offenders will be banned. This is to ensure that the administration team remain on the right side of the law and we are not exposed to any legal action from third parties.

I am not sure how the law works in terms of the staff members, but I created, founded and own this club, and I know I am not in any position to be getting into legal battles with dealers.
Didn't think I'd left one? Or is this a general point?

This is crazy but unfortunately the world we live in. But I can understand 'someone's opinion' can bring bad rep to a possible reputable company

My first post when looking to buy was regarding dealers I should avoid and thankfully I received some great advice via private messages
Definitely the way to give people a heads up
And hopefully save them a lot of grief and money!

Yes, global emails to members are automatically given a personal touch by the forum software

I totally understand this situation but used to edit templates for web development clients to say "this is a global message" or "This message has been sent to all registered users of the ElgrandOC Forum" for instance, precisely so people like neil12000 don't think they're getting a personal warning and act all dramatic - as the admins never need extra drama!

It's something we will look at... Thanks :)

If anyone wants to leave a negative review of a company would it be easier to send it as a private message to a member of the admin team so they can proof read it before submission ?.......not that i want to as my opinion would be my own unless this has happened on a regular basis.

1 faulty product or bad experience does not warrant a negative review, but regular occurances from the same supplier may require an alert to others...

When you're talking about dropping $20k/10k GBP on a newer E51 Elgrand and up to $60k on an E52, if you can get one at all, it's entirely reasonable for someone who's had one bad experience with that dealership to provide proof and name and shame them, especially when through CarVX and MLIT and the auctions they've got access to all the tools they need to be 99% sure they're not bringing in lemons, especially accident-repaired, odometer-fiddled ones with chassis rust hidden by a layer of rubberised coating - that's - particularly on the Skyline / 350 / 370 forums - how dealers like Edward Lees and Sports Auto Group got brought down here in Sydney.

Also wanted to mention when I've been here long enough for people to want to trust me with that kind of madmin i'm happy to help out - I don't do it professionally any more but I'm happy to put in a shift if needed. Also while I'm here is there any chance of a NSW social/meetups sub-forum? :) We seem to be the 2nd biggest rest of world group :)

Also wanted to mention when I've been here long enough for people to want to trust me with that kind of madmin i'm happy to help out - I don't do it professionally any more but I'm happy to put in a shift if needed. Also while I'm here is there any chance of a NSW social/meetups sub-forum? :) We seem to be the 2nd biggest rest of world group :)

Thanks for the offer of help, I'll have a chat with Karl...

Forgive my ignorance... NSW?

What's the 1st biggest 'rest of world' group then... Aus or Old North Wales? lol.
I might get away with saying that because my great grandad was born in Ruthin N.Wales, the whole family walked it to Yorkshire when he was little so my great great grandad could work down't'pit.

@tigeh, seems a great gesture/offer of help but wondering how you could help people over here mate (if that's what you meant)? What did you do professionally? I trust you already ;-)

I totally understand this situation but used to edit templates for web development clients to say "this is a global message" or "This message has been sent to all registered users of the ElgrandOC Forum" for instance, precisely so people like neil12000 don't think they're getting a personal warning and act all dramatic - as the admins never need extra drama!

100% taken on board mate. I have only recently started using the forums ability to communicate to all members, or specific groups of members. I will try to add a caveat that these messages are generic to stop people panicking :)

EDIT: Thanks for the offer of support. We are trying to gain some stability at the moment with the current staff team, but we will be looking and reviewing things shortly when the dust settles a little. You're on the list of people to contact ;)

@Lpgc - I started off doing penetration testing in my teens, ran a web and software development consultancy for a decade in the UK, then moved to Australia and did the same again from scratch - social media things, database merges, custom and semi-bespoke CRM and supply chain management / ePOS stuff for a range of industries, particularly fashion though, and helping develop integrated online presences across multiple platforms for startups and 'top end of town' companies alike. Ended up with employees to do everything 'specific' but I could develop the stylesheets so it's less 'generic Xenforo' and more 'Elgrand Owners Club'. It's not my site so I don't want to go too crazy in critique but I'm open to spending some time prodding things if it helps people!

@Karl you posted after I'd typed this out but before I hit send - that timing probably works better for me too :)

@Lpgc - I started off doing penetration testing in my teens, ran a web and software development consultancy for a decade in the UK, then moved to Australia and did the same again from scratch - social media things, database merges, custom and semi-bespoke CRM and supply chain management / ePOS stuff for a range of industries, particularly fashion though, and helping develop integrated online presences across multiple platforms for startups and 'top end of town' companies alike. Ended up with employees to do everything 'specific' but I could develop the stylesheets so it's less 'generic Xenforo' and more 'Elgrand Owners Club'. It's not my site so I don't want to go too crazy in critique but I'm open to spending some time prodding things if it helps people!

@Karl you posted after I'd typed this out but before I hit send - that timing probably works better for me too :)
What I wrote could have been taken as a sarcastic comment but I know you know I meant it literally and was just asking the question. Seems like you'd be able to help the owner of a site like this a lot of help :)
Mind you, I also liked to do a bit of 'penetration testing' in my teens but I wouldn't be very good at helping sort a website out hehe ;-) Aww, just realised Highway Dave bet me to it lol. Still like a bit of penetration testing these days! How about you Dave?

My peneration testing resulted positive with another 2 kids hence now an Elgrand owner

I think people have got annoyed at the email Karl because the tone of it implies that the receiver HAS in fact overstepped the rules, I also got that feeling when I read it, but decided to wait to see if indeed it was a general email to everyone, which it obviously was.
As that is now obvious, and not aimed at any person in particular, members do need to be aware that the owner of the site is indeed liable in court for anything published on the site, so it's not far to slander companies or even people on an open forum, use a PM to warn others instead.
There have been court cases again website owners with those owners actually loosing a considerable amount to pay damages, in fact I believe one had to remortgage his house to pay the costs. So best not to put Karl or the other moderators in that position.
Nice one Biffo ..." The voice of reason"..... Summed it up nicely where Karl is coming from 👍

My peneration testing resulted positive with another 2 kids hence now an Elgrand owner
BRILLIANT 👏, my wife says my penetration days are over 👪😰😰

1. i have not left a negative review
2. if i want to do that because some company has been rubbish i will
3.do not send me e mail telling me what i may or may not do

Are you being serious?
Sorry to comment but this is more a sign of the times than ( @Karl ) wanting to be unnecessarily strict?
If I’m reading this right that is....

Back