• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Question about usefulness of middle second row seat

straightforward process??? I've been working on it all afternoon, and can't even get the lower facia off to access the bolts that are connecting it to the floor runners... any clues you can pass on as to how to remove the facia? Ive popped out the four plastic clips, but the seat adjustment levers that pass through holes in the facia are too big to pass through those holes, so i cant see any way to get to the bolts without breaking the facia. i couldnt find anything on youtube either, just a short (and useful) clip describing how to remove the main seats in that middle row. Help!
If I remember correctly, facia does not need to come off. I unclipped front and back parts of facia from each other and then twisted facia up, to gain access to the bolts

One thing to be aware of is that there is a clip holding facia pieces together. It is hard to spot, but needs to be removed

If I remember correctly, facia does not need to come off. I unclipped front and back parts of facia from each other and then twisted facia up, to gain access to the bolts

One thing to be aware of is that there is a clip holding facia pieces together. It is hard to spot, but needs to be removed
ok, thanks, yes, i can see that that might work, because there is a fair bit of play in that plastic. Just hoped the bolts aren't too tight, because i had no success moving them at all on the driver side middle seat...

I haven't got an Elgrand yet but it is on the short list for the next car for my better half.
If the Centre Middle Seat isn't that easy to Remove and Refit does anyone know if it can be reversed so it faces backwards?

Can’t be reversed and I don’t see the need. If you are in Limo mode, it’s better to use it for something else. Arm rest for rear seats or table or centre console. I suspect I have not yet found all its uses after two years of ownership.

IMG_2652.jpegIt’s not a seat, it’s a comfortable armrest - mine doesn’t often change from this configuration, so essentially it’s a 4 seater.

My armrest only becomes a seat when someone I don’t like gets in.

When it stops raining and I stop coughing up a lung, I'm actually refitting mine for precisely this reason - cupholders and storage more useful than a narrow rear access, which you still have to go through hunched over like Quasimodo.

We have three kids and use the middle row all the time, we came from a 7 seater Tarago and it made packing up for trips painful as you get one kid wedged in the back surrounding by all the luggage which is uncomfortable and not super safe. Its also harder to pack as you have to pack against a side wall and tie it in so it doesnt go walkabout during turns. With the 8 seater we put the three kids in the middle row and flatten the back row. Packing and access is a lot easier, we can fit more in and its safer.

Can’t be reversed and I don’t see the need. If you are in Limo mode, it’s better to use it for something else. Arm rest for rear seats or table or centre console. I suspect I have not yet found all its uses after two years of ownership.
Thanks, it was just that I couldn't possibly see a use for it as a seat facing forward but I could use it facing backward when we have the Dogs in the back at shows etc.

Rip it out, best thing I ever done. Good for getting into the back when its raining!

I fitted a Merc Viano folding table to the runners instead

I haven't got an Elgrand yet but it is on the short list for the next car for my better half.
If the Centre Middle Seat isn't that easy to Remove and Refit does anyone know if it can be reversed so it faces backwards?
If you don’t want the middle narrow ”seat” , look at buying an XL , I believe they come without it from what I’ve seen.

I really want to see this guide but I've only got 9 messages total. Apparently you need 10 to view tech stuff.
Can this count as my 10th message?
You are now showing 11 messages so sign out then sign back in and you should have full access

I'm fine with it. In fact it's essential for me, as when it's between the other two seats on the second row, it creates a long bench, taking away 'individual' separated seats. My dog goes on this bench and it's then just like the full bench, back seats of a 'normal' car.

Back