Project Crazy

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner
It’s been 2 weeks since I purchased my beloved E51 Rider S Autech.
My daughter (4) loves the van and Now my son has arrived (day 7 in world) it’s time to start the project.
I have had read a lot of threads on the OC Forum and I want you to share the journey with me!!
Pics of current condition to follow tomorrow, with hopefully regular updates of what has been done.
I aim to do before and after shots so no doubt will be calling on other owners for assistance.

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner
Congratulations on the son! When does he get his first lowering kit? Or are you looking at a lift kit on that model? When they reach between 13 and 17 they start to rapidly lift themselves anyway, some weird shock design. Airbags might prove future proof to get the height you want. :p

Oh wait, you're talking about the van! Oopsy. :laughing:

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner
So this morning I have completed the following:

Windscreen trim fixed.
Debadged the Elgrand, Rider S And Autech adhesive letters.
Polished out a number of scratches
Rebonded wind deflectors to doors.

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Looks like you have a fantastic base to start your project on. It already looks super smart, so looking forward to seeing the progress on this.
I know what it's like trying to juggle family and car hobby... and as much as it kills you, the car usually takes a back seat. The best thing is to take your time, know what you want to do, so when you get a chance to do it, you know what you're doing and not scratching your head with one hand and stuck with your thumb up your arse with the other.

Congrats on both the van and the son. My kids all love the Elgrand, especially when I press the loud pedal :D And you'll be the coolest dad on the school run :cool:

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
@Crazycraig very easy to upgrade the fog light bulbs to much whiter bulb as well whilst your down there! ;) Try some toothpaste on an old toothbrush mate it brought my lights up extremely well I am sure it will remove the milkyness!