• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Prices???

Redmeg

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Yea!!! £2.30 for a single bottle of Budweiser!!! Madness ...

malcolmyz85

Part of the furniture
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
malcolm
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Totally, main reason I got into elgrands , was u got a lot of car for your money , my first e50 cost me 2k about 7 years ago , prob fetch same money today

Spike77

Active Newbie
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
All I want is an NE51 3.5 in black with leather. But some are advertised at 11k+. WT#.

Redmeg

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Supply and demand ... the whole world wants vans right now for the ‘staycation’ boom .... the bubble will burst and prices will fall, if you can wait it out!

Spike77

Active Newbie
Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
Supply and demand ... the whole world wants vans right now for the ‘staycation’ boom .... the bubble will burst and prices will fall, if you can wait it out!
I get that but, there must be a celling price for at most the youngest 51 at 2009. I should have bought one years ago when I first thought about it.

Redmeg

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Look at prices for VW vans, the demand has created highly inflated prices! I saw a few ex trade vans, unconverted and basic, and they were in the £10 - £11k range!! The Elgrand still represents far better value, you just need to be patient I think. Not easy I know!

diable

Here for life
E51 Owner
London
Reaction score
First Name
The Polish Gentleman
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
Look at prices for VW vans, the demand has created highly inflated prices! I saw a few ex trade vans, unconverted and basic, and they were in the £10 - £11k range!! The Elgrand still represents far better value, you just need to be patient I think. Not easy I know!
Usually diesel with 150k plus on the clock.......

Redmeg

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
I went to look at one with my mate (for him!) and it was a f##ked up ex plumbers van, Inside was stripped bare, no air con or anything, 135K and it was a scruffy looking thing .... he wanted £11.5 K and wouldn’t budge as he knew he’d get it ... we walked away and he’s now looking for an Elgrand as he saw mine and realised how much better it was and it only cost me 7k.

David1972

E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
4, 4 and 4 - just the age will decrease as you spend more

David1972

E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Mileage is obviously a factor too - the sweet spot, price wise, looks to be at around 120,000km. Anything under 100,000km attracts quite a premium. For the sake of an extra 12,000 miles it is a bit of a no-brainer really (he says having bought a van with 98,000km on it :joy:)

Safety Mick

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Auction prices rising, dealer prices rising, conversion materials difficult to source and also rising but compared to the total rip off VW prices the Elgrands are still a great buy. Some dealers did see this coming and stockpiled a few, yes making at bit more profit but not ripping your eyes out, in some cases actually saving new buyers a bit on current imports.

AlanM

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Just a few days ago whilst visiting a trading estate not far from Southampton, I spotted a yard with 10 shiny Elgrands parked up. Got chatting to the owner who is just preparing to launch a new, separate Sales enterprise just for Japanese imports and has a further 20 Elgrands on their way, so clearly he sees there's money to be made.

IanP

Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Prices are a bit crazy but it seems to me that so many are being imported that the supply/demand equation will even out pretty soon🤞

Bilzwestend1

Active Newbie
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Just a few days ago whilst visiting a trading estate not far from Southampton, I spotted a yard with 10 shiny Elgrands parked up. Got chatting to the owner who is just preparing to launch a new, separate Sales enterprise just for Japanese imports and has a further 20 Elgrands on their way, so clearly he sees there's money to be made.
Hi Alan,

I have been in contact over the past year with you and spent lots of time on the forum, I am involved in the importing of the Elgrands at the yard in Southampton you visited as I have a great interest in them! :D They are much better vehicles to sell. We are hoping to offer ap wide selection to the people in the south.

Alin175

Active Newbie
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Alin
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Is it just me or are the prices going a little crazy at the moment?.
Screenshot_20210408_174108_uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch.jpg
Here you go, popped on auto trader today, I'm looking for one too. From the photos I can see the front bumper is different colour than the body. But the price, good.