• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Premium Member offer: Free download of Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro!

MrChops

Premium Member
Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
James
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hi all, in order to try and give something back to this fantastic community that's given me so much over the last two years I've decided to offer every Premium Member a free copy of my Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro! I'm posting it here to highlight another benefit of becoming a Premium Member..

Thanks man, erm, what is it? It's a GPS speedometer primarily, with a bunch of other features, including a Head-Up Display mode. It's only available for Android currently but I hope to have an iOS version available eventually. The free version has been downloaded by over 12 million people.

Why did you make it? I started the project back in 2012 after seeing a cool speedometer app on an iPhone, and being a programmer by trade I thought I'd build my own. Over the past six years what started as a simple tool for my own amusement grew into a popular free app, which spawned a paid version with a load more features. Neither version has any ads. I hate ads! I still have a lot of plans for it in the future but it's a hobby and I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

How can I find out more about it? Have a look at the app listing in the Google Play store.

Ok then, how do I get it? If you're a Premium Member of EOC send me a private message on here asking for a code. I'll send you a unique promo code that you can apply in the Play Store. This gives you a free download of the Pro version. The app will be linked to the Google account you use for the Play store so you can uninstall and reinstall again in the future without having to 'buy' it again. It's yours free for as long as you use that account, and if you use that account on multiple devices then you can install the app on all of them.
pro_one.png
One free copy of the app is available only to Premium Members. Codes can only be requested via private message on the ElgrandOC forum, and I'll try and respond as quickly as I can.
If you've recently bought the Pro version then message me, I'm sure I can sort something out.

@MrChops

This is what we love to see, club members getting really into the community spirit. Damn decent of you and now another great reason to become a premium member of the club

Thank you! :)

Just noticed I had already downloaded and used the free version after finding many rubbish ones were no good! No wonder it was a good one! Very recommended!

Thank you for a very generous offer, it's a shame that people like yourself are in a minority.

Thank you for a very generous offer, it's a shame that people like yourself are in a minority.

Yet we seem to have a good number of people like @MrChops in the club who are willing to go above and beyond to help members :)

I've had a play around with the app this morning and I'm really impressed with it. Looking forward to testing it out when I finish work.

Round of applause for you @MrChops for giving back to the club in a new and unique way! Seems that this has gone down a treat!

@Richard Fox - you need to move your family over to the dark side, we have cookies, well other assorted sweet treats :joy:
  • Gingerbread (2.3)
  • Honeycomb (3.0)
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0)
  • Jelly Bean (4.3/4.2/4.1)
  • KitKat (4.4)
  • Lollipop (5.0)
  • Marshmallow (6.0)
  • Nougat (7.0)
  • Orea (8.0)

haha @Karl have I got to invest in an Android phone, think my son would kill me he loves Apple!!!! lol
I am very jealous right now! :joy: Maybe some pics could be posted here to p*ss me off even more! lol

Cheers James. Downloaded and actually looking forward to going to work tonight for the first time ever.

haha @Karl have I got to invest in an Android phone, think my son would kill me he loves Apple!!!! lol
I am very jealous right now! :joy: Maybe some pics could be posted here to p*ss me off even more! lol

have you got an aftermarket double din unit fitted @Richard Fox - a lot of those are android. Or a tablet - don't tell me.... you've got an ipad :)

You should be ashamed of yourself for giving him such a bad upbringing 😅

@Whotsit I grew up with Apple from 1984, the days when Apple was very special and rare! lol
@Phil I do have a double din stereo (Xtron) do you think I maybe able to get it working on that?
@Harvo I believe I'm a Golden Delicious or maybe a pink lady! lol

@Whotsit I grew up with Apple from 1984, the days when Apple was very special and rare! lol
@Phil I do have a double din stereo (Xtron) do you think I maybe able to get it working on that?
@Harvo I believe I'm a Golden Delicious or maybe a pink lady! lol

Hopefully somebody who has one will let you know @Richard Fox but if it's android & allows you to download apps I would think it should be ok. Worth a try anyway.

Cox's pippin by the way :joy:. Please don't get me googling apples this time of day :grinning:

Back