• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Premium Member offer: Free download of Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro!

Ha, just put two and two together and realised I have the free version of your app. I thought I recognised it's name. I'm just a scrub, not premium, and not looking for a code, just wanted to congratulate you on a great and successful app. When I was looking for an app to confirm my speedo accuracy it was top of the list and turned out to be a very well made, simple (in the best possible way) and useful app.

TL;DR: Update released, please let me know if you see anything weird happening :cool: Oh, and as always, Premium Members can get it free by messaging me.

Hey folks, just want to mention that after far too long I've managed to get an update to the app released. It's mainly to fix a couple of bugs and add a couple of new things (don't get too excited over there). You may find it's already updated itself.
  • Select 12 or 24 hour clock display, instead of it using the device setting
  • Fixed bugs in altitude and average speed
  • The Elapsed Time display can be reset by long-pressing it (tap the clock to show it)
  • When screen taps are turned off in Settings, long-press the screen for the Menu (too many people locking themselves out)
  • Better compatibility with Android 'Oreo' and 'Pie', bye bye < 'Ice Cream Sandwich'

It's been very painful getting this update out (and the free version I updated a while ago) because of rules Google have put in place, which I can understand as it all helps to improve the security the Android ecosystem. Its meant me having to move from one development environment to Google's own, Android Studio. I've had to create the apps from scratch as such, adding in all the code, assets, libraries etc whilst having to replace some code that's no longer available in the Google libraries I now have to target. It's such a faff and has meant from this version onwards devices with Android <4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) are no longer supported.

As well as all of this, and the day job, i've had my head down learning to develop iOS apps, which I'm really enjoying. It won't be long before I start in anger to create an iOS version (well, as close to the functionality as Apple will allow..so highly likely there will be no floating window). But don't hold your breath iFolks, I've got a looong way to go!

TL;DR: Update released, please let me know if you see anything weird happening :cool: Oh, and as always, Premium Members can get it free by messaging me.

Hey folks, just want to mention that after far too long I've managed to get an update to the app released. It's mainly to fix a couple of bugs and add a couple of new things (don't get too excited over there). You may find it's already updated itself.
  • Select 12 or 24 hour clock display, instead of it using the device setting
  • Fixed bugs in altitude and average speed
  • The Elapsed Time display can be reset by long-pressing it (tap the clock to show it)
  • When screen taps are turned off in Settings, long-press the screen for the Menu (too many people locking themselves out)
  • Better compatibility with Android 'Oreo' and 'Pie', bye bye < 'Ice Cream Sandwich'

It's been very painful getting this update out (and the free version I updated a while ago) because of rules Google have put in place, which I can understand as it all helps to improve the security the Android ecosystem. Its meant me having to move from one development environment to Google's own, Android Studio. I've had to create the apps from scratch as such, adding in all the code, assets, libraries etc whilst having to replace some code that's no longer available in the Google libraries I now have to target. It's such a faff and has meant from this version onwards devices with Android <4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) are no longer supported.

As well as all of this, and the day job, i've had my head down learning to develop iOS apps, which I'm really enjoying. It won't be long before I start in anger to create an iOS version (well, as close to the functionality as Apple will allow..so highly likely there will be no floating window). But don't hold your breath iFolks, I've got a looong way to go!

The cheap phablet I use in the car is running android 6.0 so I'm safe for a bit then :)

I admire your knowledge & patience @MrChops & thanks for the update. Will try it out :)

Hi Mr chops don't no what this is but love gadgets on my phone and am premium member so can I get a code please

Hi Mr Chops
A code would be greatly appreciated

Seriously grate app. My head unit seems to have an odd bug though, if I run it in full screen mode then it comes on when I turn in the car, even if it hasn't been driven for days, but if I run it in minimised mode (which I usually do) then I have to start it every time.

Going to mess about with head unit and see if I can find a fix.

Seriously grate app. My head unit seems to have an odd bug though, if I run it in full screen mode then it comes on when I turn in the car, even if it hasn't been driven for days, but if I run it in minimised mode (which I usually do) then I have to start it every time.

Going to mess about with head unit and see if I can find a fix.

Glad you like it Chris. TBH I'm not sure what makes it start automatically, mine used to but doesn't now for some reason. I have a feeling it's because the head unit remembers which apps were running at shutdown, but the window is actually a system notification. Hard to explain, especially when I still don't fully understand it!

Glad you like it Chris. TBH I'm not sure what makes it start automatically, mine used to but doesn't now for some reason. I have a feeling it's because the head unit remembers which apps were running at shutdown, but the window is actually a system notification. Hard to explain, especially when I still don't fully understand it!

It really is a great app, gets used every day.

Hi James, could I trouble you for the code as well please,using my sat nav at present ,thanks Larry

Back