• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Premium Member offer: Free download of Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro!

Hi all, in order to try and give something back to this fantastic community that's given me so much over the last two years I've decided to offer every Premium Member a free copy of my Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro! I'm posting it here to highlight another benefit of becoming a Premium Member..

Thanks man, erm, what is it? It's a GPS speedometer primarily, with a bunch of other features, including a Head-Up Display mode. It's only available for Android currently but I hope to have an iOS version available eventually. The free version has been downloaded by over 12 million people.

Why did you make it? I started the project back in 2012 after seeing a cool speedometer app on an iPhone, and being a programmer by trade I thought I'd build my own. Over the past six years what started as a simple tool for my own amusement grew into a popular free app, which spawned a paid version with a load more features. Neither version has any ads. I hate ads! I still have a lot of plans for it in the future but it's a hobby and I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

How can I find out more about it? Have a look at the app listing in the Google Play store.

Ok then, how do I get it? If you're a Premium Member of EOC send me a private message on here asking for a code. I'll send you a unique promo code that you can apply in the Play Store. This gives you a free download of the Pro version. The app will be linked to the Google account you use for the Play store so you can uninstall and reinstall again in the future without having to 'buy' it again. It's yours free for as long as you use that account, and if you use that account on multiple devices then you can install the app on all of them.
View attachment 2857
One free copy of the app is available only to Premium Members. Codes can only be requested via private message on the ElgrandOC forum, and I'll try and respond as quickly as I can.
If you've recently bought the Pro version then message me, I'm sure I can sort something out.

MrChops, do you know if this would work with Android Auto so it visible on that screen? I have just got my first Elgrand and the lovely stereo in the Highway star has been swapped over to one of those as it could not be cut over to English. Apart from “Konnichiwa” and a few menu items from WaggaMamma, I do not speak or read any Japanese

MrChops, do you know if this would work with Android Auto so it visible on that screen? I have just got my first Elgrand and the lovely stereo in the Highway star has been swapped over to one of those as it could not be cut over to English. Apart from “Konnichiwa” and a few menu items from WaggaMamma, I do not speak or read any Japanese

Hi, it's something I've looked into briefly and from what I can make of the documentation the app doesn't fit into one of the allowed categories unfortunately. The good lady recently bought a Suzuki Vitara with a nice Auto head unit and I have to say that although it's very quick and easy to connect my phone (it still has to be plugged in to a USB cable) it's, 'OK'. Not great, and I find the Amazon Music app pretty bad, but for Google Maps navigation it's good. It's a very locked down ecosystem with navigation, entertainment and messaging apps and really that's about all it supports.

Hey folks, just a quick update on the app. I've got an update to the free version that's now rolling out gradually to users and I've just created a release for the Pro version, so it'll be in review for a day or two from recent experience (God knows I've jumped through enough hoops to keep Google happy). Unless they find an issue with it it'll start coming online soon.

I've fixed a few bugs and made things a little more efficient under the hood, but also I've had to update it to support later versions of Android. Google insist that for security reasons apps target later versions of Android:
Starting from 1 Nov 2022, apps that don't target an API level within two years of the latest Android release (API 29 and below) won't be available to new users with devices running Android versions newer than your app's target API level. This means that new users won't be able to discover or install your app on Google Play.
In a nutshell this means that this latest update is only available to devices running API 24 (Android 7) or later, any older devices will be stuck with previous releases, which I can't apply fixes or make changes to. It's hella complicated and confusing tbh.

If you're app is updated in the near future and there's something not right I'd appreciate a heads-up if poss so I can fix any issues quickly. There are still some parts of it I need to change (like the file chooser which is crap), but these will come in time. Hoping to be able to keep up the momentum and keep working on it.

Thanks, James.

Hi all, in order to try and give something back to this fantastic community that's given me so much over the last two years I've decided to offer every Premium Member a free copy of my Android app DigiHUD Speedometer Pro! I'm posting it here to highlight another benefit of becoming a Premium Member..

Thanks man, erm, what is it? It's a GPS speedometer primarily, with a bunch of other features, including a Head-Up Display mode. It's only available for Android currently but I hope to have an iOS version available eventually. The free version has been downloaded by over 12 million people.

Why did you make it? I started the project back in 2012 after seeing a cool speedometer app on an iPhone, and being a programmer by trade I thought I'd build my own. Over the past six years what started as a simple tool for my own amusement grew into a popular free app, which spawned a paid version with a load more features. Neither version has any ads. I hate ads! I still have a lot of plans for it in the future but it's a hobby and I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

How can I find out more about it? Have a look at the app listing in the Google Play store.

Ok then, how do I get it? If you're a Premium Member of EOC send me a private message on here asking for a code. I'll send you a unique promo code that you can apply in the Play Store. This gives you a free download of the Pro version. The app will be linked to the Google account you use for the Play store so you can uninstall and reinstall again in the future without having to 'buy' it again. It's yours free for as long as you use that account, and if you use that account on multiple devices then you can install the app on all of them.
View attachment 2857
One free copy of the app is available only to Premium Members. Codes can only be requested via private message on the ElgrandOC forum, and I'll try and respond as quickly as I can.
If you've recently bought the Pro version then message me, I'm sure I can sort something out.

Very handy 👌

View attachment 2857

Saddest thing about switching to iOS this year has been losing the premium version of this app.

What does it tell you that your display doesn't?

Hi, my highway star is already showing me mph on the dashboard?

What does it tell you that your display doesn't?
The biggest advantage is that a large digital display is quicker to read and, being gps-based accurate at all speeds.

e.g. my analogue speedometer is about 5mph out at higher speeds and a little less out at 20mph. Important as drifting over to just 24mph will get me points, a fine and increased insurance for the next 5 or 6 years....

Further, I can set it to change colour or sound an alert at/above certain speeds, so peripheral vision (or my ears) will let me know I've gone over.

Means I can concentrate on idiot drivers and pedestrians and stop glancing down at the speedo.

Full features are:

* Lite Mode (speed only) - swipe the speed left
* Altitude, show clock seconds
* Multiple Speed Warnings - have as many as you like. Set a colour, trigger speed, built-in/custom/no alert sound. Trigger on overspeed/underspeed (possibly one for the pilots)
* Set any background colour
* Profiles - create profiles for different activities or modes of transport and keep all their settings and values separate
* Pins - save locations you visit. Navigate there or view them in Google Maps later
* Log your routes and export to .KML, .GPX and .CSV file formats, or open in Earth if installed
* Day/Night mode - choose a different colour and brightness setting for day and night. Auto mode automatically switches at sunrise and sunset
* Edit speed and distance values, like odometer, trip and max
* Optional start/stop on power connected/disconnected
* Litespeed - switch to 'Lite mode' when you go over a chosen speed
* Speedtouch Lock - turn off all screen touch events over a chosen speed
* Elapsed time (tap the clock to switch, and again for the clock)
* Tap compass for simple compass, bearing and odometer (tap again for classic compass)
* Speed offset - adjust the displayed value by up to +/-20%
* Hide unlit number segments - make those empty digits less distracting
* Google Map view (swipe speed right)
* Choose the number of decimal places to show for values, up to two
* Speed can optionally be to one decimal place
* Compatible with Samsung's Multi-Window & LG's Dual-Window Modes

Could someone point me where i can apply for membership.. i can't seem to find it..

@mickyw @Holdfast4130

In support of what @MarkT said in post above here's a photo of how I currently use the app.
It's installed on my old OnePlus 3, which is mounted on a dashboard holder.
I've tried a couple of different dedicated HUD devices but neither of them was as good as using this app on a tablet or phone because they couldn't compete with the quality of the app or hardware.
1000007982.jpg

@Magnu noticed you've got your main phone holder in exactly the same place as I've put it in my E50. Originally had it on the right side of my screen but found it obscured the view on corners and roundabouts.
Did you use the sticky plate that came with it or have you found that it sticks alright straight to the dash? I stuck it straight on and it's been fine so far but keep expecting it to fall 😂

@mickyw @Holdfast4130

In support of what @MarkT said in post above here's a photo of how I currently use the app.
It's installed on my old OnePlus 3, which is mounted on a dashboard holder.
I've tried a couple of different dedicated HUD devices but neither of them was as good as using this app on a tablet or phone because they couldn't compete with the quality of the app or hardware.
View attachment 97248
Thanks for the heads up Magnu

View attachment 2857

Once the EU have their way and force Apple to allow 3rd party app stores what would be the chances of an iOS version I wonder..

@Magnu noticed you've got your main phone holder in exactly the same place as I've put it in my E50. Originally had it on the right side of my screen but found it obscured the view on corners and roundabouts.
Did you use the sticky plate that came with it or have you found that it sticks alright straight to the dash? I stuck it straight on and it's been fine so far but keep expecting it to fall 😂
That one was put in by @dognero and I believe he used the sticky plate, because the holder has come off once and left a plate behind.
I've not used the plate on the holder the OnePlus 3 phone is in, no problems so far.

Once the EU have their way and force Apple to allow 3rd party app stores what would be the chances of an iOS version I wonder..
I've not completely written off the chances of writing it. Part of me is still seething that the MacBook Pro I once bought to write it with no longer supports XCode! My hatred for the Apple ecosystem might just push me into building a Hackintosh one day. I suspect I'd still need genuine Apple hardware to deploy the app though.

Back