• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Power/Snow Mode

HI Matthew... did you have a link to the photos?
I’m sorry @Roger_K I thought I’d added the link

here you go
https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...ons-s1-s2-s3-japanese-writing-stickers.16752/

Not tried my E51 power or snow mode yet. We just got through some major bushfires, so ain't no snow about these parts. Could be good for like boggy or soft type ground though, or going up a steep dirt incline?

Hi Everyone,,ive got an 2001,, E 50,,, there's a little red botton which pulls out and returns back in on a sort of spring type mechanism .... please does anyone know what its for.. cant find anywhere in owners manual... ps has anyone any thoughts on how 02 sensors affect mpg..

Hi Everyone,,ive got an 2001,, E 50,,, there's a little red botton which pulls out and returns back in on a sort of spring type mechanism .... please does anyone know what its for.. cant find anywhere in owners manual... ps has anyone any thoughts on how 02 sensors affect mpg..
Hi the button is a transmission release button

Thank you ,,, sorry if dopey but when would you use this button...does thectransmission get stuck somehow????

The gear select lever is locked in place so that you can't select drive without your foot on the brake. If the system goes faulty it is a manual override to release the gear lever.

Thanx all ,, i have read alittle bit about red button (transmission release button) i sort of get it and feel i will leave alone and no need to use

When I press the buttons In mine (04 s1 rider) nothing happens. Is there a fuse I can check is blown or something else?
Thanks

First thing to check is whether the buttons are plugged in. If you lift up the top button panel the socket is in the middle underneath.

Happened to be in there when replacing the joystick and have some pics if it helps
prise up here..
SmartSelect_20200730-233218_Amazon Photos.jpg

this one is the transmission buttons..
Screenshot_20200730-233128_Amazon Photos.jpg

I very rarely press the power button on mine but it still goes in to power mode regularly! You don't have to floor it (not on the E51 at least - don't know about the E50?) a quick tap on the loud pedal activates it.

I do occasionaly use manual mode. In really slow moving traffic in auto it can still change up whilst idling and reach a speed high than other traffic so I sometimes use manual and keep it in first. Steep descents are similar, can use manual mode to hold a lower gear. Most often though, waiting for an overtake use manual mode to preselect the best gear - power mode won't help much here, it will change up later but will probably be in the wrong gear to start with and have to change down.
I haven't experimented with this yet. In either mode does it show an indicator /light on the dashboard ?

I haven't experimented with this yet. In either mode does it show an indicator /light on the dashboard ?
Yes it will show on dash bottom right ,it will show what mode it's in

In snow mode what is actually happening? How is power reduced? Is it physical? Less Valves? Electrical? Sensers etc controlling gears? Would love you know.

It reduces torque by using a higher gear than would be used in normal condition. It possibly also modulates the throttle response to open more slowly.

It reduces torque by using a higher gear than would be used in normal condition. It possibly also modulates the throttle response to open more slowly.
It definitely modulates something. I left it in snow mode the other day and went to reverse on my driveway which is on a smallish incline. I left it in snow mode as I was interested whether it worked in reverse. It does work in reverse, I almost had to stand on the accelerator to get it up the lip and then up the driveway. I think I'll leave the snow button for when it snows 👍

Power mode in reverse is much better, straight over the lip and up with no messing.

Back