• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Power/Snow Mode

I haven't driven my S2 E51 much yet (so I may get used to this in time) but what was obvious from the outset is just how sharp the throttle is off tickover; slightest depression of the pedal and it leaps forward. Not a problem on the open road but it certainly focuses the mind in traffic. I was wondering, then, if there would be benefit in (or reason for not) selecting 'snow' for town driving. Any thoughts?
Defo , much smoother 😏 . Less revs reminds me of eco mode . Hopefully it is . Need to get conversion to gas . Then I don't need eco mode 😂😂😂. Love the look on peoples faces when ya just take of 😎😎😎 . Priceless .. lmfaoooo 😂😂😂 .

Definitely seen a slight (ever so slight) increase in MPG in the E50 by leaving the POWER switch on all of the time.

Plus it looks cool AF on the dash.

That's it then I shall drive always in power mode and smile everytime I floor it ;-)

I know the older toyotas and such growing up in Canada would take off from a dead stop in 2nd gear while in snow mode to eliminate wheel spin. 🤷‍♂️

Only just got mine will check this out can’t believe how advance it is for a 1996 model

Power is an overtaking automat function Gearbox reduces gear faster and keeps rpm in a higher rpm range.

I had this feature in many cars with that function, but I didn't feel it physically when accelerating. The car is simply ready to overtake and keeps the gear box in the right gear.

I forgot to add. Power mode is also used when riding in the mountains. At large inclinations, the gear does not know which gear to use and constantly changes it. power mode eliminates this. However, older cars do not have control traction, so the new mode eliminates power slide

You have 4wd 4-wheel drive mode or 2wd rear-wheel drive only. You can also block the dyfer.

How much are they? Mine is 2WD model.
Not sure on price, best send a message to the seller or wait until he responds here. The overlays don't include any of the mode or gearbox functions which remain as they are.

Yes but the one pictured had a 2WD button, mine doesn't.

if this function is not available, it means that the car is powered by only one axle. 2wd.

if this function is not available, it means that the car is powered by only one axle. 2wd.

Yeah I know. I'm waiting to hear from Matthew about that panel he sells (english version) =. The one pictured further up is a AWD version. Was just wondering is it was available in 2WD version. All good.

Yeah I know. I'm waiting to hear from Matthew about that panel he sells (english version) =. The one pictured further up is a AWD version. Was just wondering is it was available in 2WD version. All good.
FYI it's not the panel, it's just a set of overlay stickers.

Back