• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Possible Photography Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkers

E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
I'm not sure of the best place to post this so here's my best guess.

I'd be interested to get a feel for whether any members would be interested in a photography weekend some time during 2016. It would be aimed at beginner to intermediate photographers who which to develop their picture taking skills. The idea is that we could meet up either for a one day session or possibly a week-end. No specific kit would be needed - anything from a cameraphone to a full-blown DSLR kit would be fine, although the more manual controls you have, the better. A few laptops would also help for reviewing what we've done. I can also take people through some post-processing basics.

I would take people through the basics of exposure (using aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings to control depth of field and movement), the importance of light (quantity, quality and direction), composition (e.g. rule of thirds), other elements such as pattern, colour and tone, texture, shape and form. The best genre to go for is probably landscape, but we could have a go a street and architecture too, depending on where we meet up.

Optimum group size would be about half a dozen plus me. My preferred location would be somewhere either in the Peak District National Park, South Derbyshire or mid Wales in the Machynlleth area.

This is just a tentative idea at this point, but I'd be interested in gauging the level of interest.

Yes. I'm in! Great idea.

Definitely interested - it's something I've been meaning to do for ages now so count me in.

I would definitely be interested, especially if it's in mid Wales, although would travel if we can find a nearby campsite.

Thinking about this, I have a Fujifilm S2800HD digital camera that I need to use more.

I'd probably be up for this too - maybe springtime?

always meant to do something so makes sense to go with people with common interests :)

assuming you have the knowledge to give us? :) ;)

This definitely needs to happen :)

Sounds encouraging chaps. Definitely a Spring early Summer activity when the light's decent & warm enough for a spot of camping.

On the knowledge front, I will of course be employing the Socratic method where possible! (For a brilliant example of this, look no further than Galaxy Quest and Tech Sgt. Chen with the beryllium sphere problem). Monty Python & the Holy Grail with the witch is a less satisfactory albeit very funny example.

Looking forward to this :)

Any progress on this? The days are getting longer now :)

You might well get me interested in heading North for this, (that is if/when I get some work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back