• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Portsdown Summer Celebration 31st March

Thanks @Claptrap my old mans not doing to good atm, but he is 88 on Friday and his health has been on the down slowly for a while. Nothing imminent, just a strain on the rest of the family trying to cope with the old tyrant lol. Look forward to seeing you at the next one though Robbin

I know exactly how you feel, my Dad's 85 and has a similar bedside manner by the sound of things.

Not sure when the next one is but I'm sure it won't be too long and its a great venue with lots going on for just a big car park and a burger van :)

I know exactly how you feel, my Dad's 85 and has a similar bedside manner by the sound of things.

Not sure when the next one is but I'm sure it won't be too long and its a great venue with lots going on for just a big car park and a burger van :)
Sounds good to me!

Not done it yet but now we have the long days there will be a lot of spannering on the cards. Sorry to hear about your dad, it's hard.
Thanks mate isn’t it lol, I’ll drop that fluid and rings off for you when I’m by next ok

what a shame. I cannot make it. Am ferrying from Portsmouth to Spain on 14th May. Could make Sunday 12th and sleep over though!

thanks for all the info given at Portsdown meet on 31st March regarding cats removal. Spoke to my garage who told me it wont pass the MOT if removed!!! Any advice please!

Ignore your garage and get it done before travelling to Spain. @Winchester will do it for you

And then what happens when I am due an MOT? Will they replace them or do I search for a garage who isnt so fussy about passing MOT!

And then what happens when I am due an MOT? Will they replace them or do I search for a garage who isnt so fussy about passing MOT!

Get them done and then Search for someone who’s isn’t so fussy :)

It won't fail MOT. Virtually the whole forum membership have no rear cats and all pass the MOT. The rear cats are for Japan emissions standard only. Get them done or risk being stranded in Spain. Yes it's that serious.

Last edited:
Back