• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Portsdown Parade Procession 1st September

Apart from the lovely Elgrands on show today, there were also some nice clouds...

69E843FF-8273-4BCA-9EC7-A31689F1B463.jpeg

I hope @AlanM arrived home after all that ECU tweaking.:worried:
I went for a spin up the A3(M) after advancing the ignition timing (using NDS2 for Windows) from the stock 15deg to 17deg and monitored the fuel trims using the Android app by 0vz.

On petrol the fuels trims were fine but the engine didn't seem to be running smoothly. On switching to LPG the engine didn't like it at all - very noticeably so🙄.

Thus I've set the timing back to 15deg.

i wonder why the timing tweak didn't work for me?

I went for a spin up the A3(M) after advancing the ignition timing (using NDS2 for Windows) from the stock 15deg to 17deg and monitored the fuel trims using the Android app by 0vz.

On petrol the fuels trims were fine but the engine didn't seem to be running smoothly. On switching to LPG the engine didn't like it at all - very noticeably so🙄.

That's odd. I would have expected the petrol to be ok if not the LPG. Which grade of petrol do you have in the tank as a min of 97ron is advised with this tweak.

That's odd. I would have expected the petrol to be ok if not the LPG. Which grade of petrol do you have in the tank as a min of 97ron is advised with this tweak.
Not sure on grade of petrol as purchasing the stuff is a rarity for us LPG users, 😁

However. I'm pretty sure it's nothing special so likely that's the issue?

Why on LPG it was much more noticeable is maybe something Simon may understand (@Lpgc)?

Not sure on grade of petrol as purchasing the stuff is a rarity for us LPG users, 😁

However. I'm pretty sure it's nothing special so likely that's the issue?

Why on LPG it was much more noticeable is maybe something Simon may understand (@Lpgc)?
I will look forward to the dissertation :D

Downloaded the Carscanner app which has already proved to be very useful for my Volvo, not tried it on the bus yet. So thanks for the demo.

Downloaded the Carscanner app which has already proved to be very useful for my Volvo, not tried it on the bus yet. So thanks for the demo.
For other readers, this is the App being talked about here. This app works on the Elgrand (Consult 2 communications protocol) and OBD2 compliant vehicles. If you do what to use it on either protocol, (Consult 2 or OBD2), you just need to go into the App's 'settings/communication' menu and select the appropriate one.

Great name💨welcome to the club,I was there it was a good day ,bit too late in the year now but keep an eye out there may be a few more locally

Great name💨welcome to the club,I was there it was a good day ,bit too late in the year now but keep an eye out there may be a few more locally

will do cheers !

Great name - is that a type of fire work? Maybe you'll have to park a little away from the rest of us? Look forward to meeting you at the next local meet @bangfartwizard :confused:👍

Back