Photo edit play

Chrisplumber

E50 Owner
Premium Member
@Chrisplumber did u look into price for buttom spray job ??? After see some lovely paint jobs yesterday, I’m thinking of doing buttom part like u have been trying , dont no if I want paint or vinyl , ???
No not yet. Other jobs need doing first. Mainly the radiator is leaking so need to source and replace. If i did do it i would be tempted to get i wrapped. Take it off myself and refit it to keep cost down. There is a place highly recommended near me that say a full van would be about 1500 so I thought dropping some bits off would be quite affordable. There are some more stuff I'd like to do before that too like a drive away awning which don't come cheap

Lize

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Maybe you could try Plasti Dip, theres loads of colours to choose from and it should be easy enough to change. You could even just do the front bumper to start to decide on whether you like it.

I came across a similar product called Auto Dip which claims to be shiny and similar to vinyl wrap but spray on. I only did a quick search but could only find US suppliers though.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Thanks @dognero don’t like the red so that’s plan1 stopped but the shiny green is different, , doesn’t look like any colour is going with the grey , black might but I don’t fancy black will just leave it as it is , maybe with another chrome strip along top of body kit to cover Dodgey paint

JohnE

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Thanks @dognero don’t like the red so that’s plan1 stopped but the shiny green is different, , doesn’t look like any colour is going with the grey , black might but I don’t fancy black will just leave it as it is , maybe with another chrome strip along top of body kit to cover Dodgey paint
I agree its difficult with the grey what about a mettalic coffee that might work

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
@malcolmyz85 a higher resolution, close picture of your van will make photoshops look a lot better.

If you post one and I get a chance later, I'll have a play.

Photoshop is hard to use though... there are some great apps you can get like @Chrisplumber has used that can make it a lot easier.

E50ZRider

Premium Member
E51 Owner
It’s ok @Karl I learnt enough from pics above that I’m staying grey top and bottom ha ha , but thanks for offer , might get wheels done and add abit more chrome lol , cant have too much chrome ha ha
I agree

you cant have enough chrome on an E50, mine was chrome central...grill wing mirrors, OC sticker, Rider on Wind deflectore...you name it I had chrome

E51 is a much more subtle affair...all dechromed for me.

Lize

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I think they actually re-chrome wheels, paint shouldn't be that expensive and if applied over a black base coat can look very effective.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I think they actually re-chrome wheels, paint shouldn't be that expensive and if applied over a black base coat can look very effective.
Not where I enquired , it’s a spray and rough prices 1000 for 4 wheels , 200 for grill , 100 for mirror covers and 100 for rear handle , but to be honest I’ve not seen paint that looks like this chrome anywhere , but I will be looking unless u no of somewhere that does this process