• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

overiding auto sliding door

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
can you overide the auto sliding door,refused to close today kept stopping around 6 inches from closed beeping and then opening again around 10 times managed to get it to work by reversing van into the road then closed first time .Scared to open it again incase it won't close .

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
yeah thanks I know but would like to use the door ,wondering if one of the sensors may of just been dirty but worried about opening the door to check incase I can not get it to close again .

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
thanks what would be the best way to unstick it ?

Stempy

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Stempy
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
I keep mine clean and give them a quick squirt of silicone lube. Give all the runners a good clean as well. They need to be dry and free from grease and gunge.

AlanM

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Sometimes my powered sliding door doesn't quite close on auto when I've maybe got too much piled up inside. On those occasions I've given the door a little push at the end of travel to get it to close, all without detriment.

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Sometimes my powered sliding door doesn't quite close on auto when I've maybe got too much piled up inside. On those occasions I've given the door a little push at the end of travel to get it to close, all without detriment.
yeah it did the same the other day after clearing it worked but today the only thing around was the seat ,really did not want to close it seems to think somthing is blocking it ,detecting a false alert a bit worry if you were a long way from home and stuck with the door open :(
I did try to help it close at the end but it just fully opened again .