• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East North East meet/Photo shoot, Friday Feb 18th evening time ## POSTPONED ##

Cannon Street on the South Side of the bridge. 😁

We will shoot the near side and under the tunnel. Then use just past the tunnel to rack up the Ellies in a nice park up. I am going down tomorrow night just to check Friday nights are not problematic :)

OK now.
Not the site on Newport Approach, as previously thought.
Correct site is off ‘wilderness road’ shown as Newport Road/Stockton Road into Letitia Ind Est and drive to the end of the road which is shown on map as Cannon Street.

so @dognero same route for you A19 south, exit onto A66 eastbound towards Mbro, stay in near side lane and exit to Newport roundabout (cannon park) Take 1st exit onto Newport Road (old church building on your left) 200 yds turn right onto small industrial estate (Letitia Industrial Estate) drive to end of road.

hope this is right, but didn’t know there was a tunnel

🤔 I’ll just look out for the Elgrand convoy 👍🏻
Nobody follow me. Only experience of driving through Middlesbrough was when I got diverted from the A1 onto the A19 and then off the A19 through Middlesbrough - nightmare trip home from Norfolk.

Anyone not too confident on route then let’s sort a mini convoy.
Those travelling A19 from north, we could meet A19 services UK diner, or Wolviston services (costa car park) A689 /A19. 6pm

I can meet at Wolviston

Just had a pop over to the venue, as I was passing nearby.
My directions were spot on.

I will be at Wolviston (Costa car park) for 6pm, amble time for us to travel, even as it’s the backend of the rush hour traffic.

I'm going to wing it up from Leeds using those coordinates, a gaggle of Elgrands is tough to miss so am sure I'll be fine 🤞
Just to confirm,
A19 northbound, leave at A66 slip road (eastbound to Middlesbrough).
Once you merge onto A66 east then get into near side lane and leave at first slip road (signposted Riverside Park and Cannon Park), stay in near side lane and at traffic lights controlled roundabout take first exit (signpost Letitia Ind Est).
You will have industrial units on your right and houses on your left.
After 200yds Take first turning on your right, into estate.
Venue is straight ahead.

hope this helps.

The Tunnel is under the overbridge for the Newport. bridge approach - it is quite dark under there as its quite low headroom.

The Tunnel is under the overbridge for the Newport. bridge approach - it is quite dark under there as its quite low headroom.

It's not that Low mate! Think we will be good for headroom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-192912_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-192912_Maps.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 11
So we visited the site and tried some test shots. Currently there is so little streetlighting casting light onto the location that I would need twice the number of portable lights I have to light the area effectively. So glad we tried that ahead of Friday :pensive:. With that considered I propose we use the square at the North end of the Stockton infinity bridge instead?

Back