• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East North East auto show, Saturday 12th may, attendance list

I thought it didn't start till 11? I'm coming but I've knackered my foot so I'm coming but sadly not walking round. Who lives in Hartlepool?
Gates open at 9 and the public at 11

No worries I wander up to the lodge to meet

I've always loved sports bikes, sadly they no longer love me, I use a Varadero most days now, buggered if I'm getting rid of them though. Apologies for the bike talk!
I've got a 1992 GSXR 750 😀 could do with a bit of work but generally a nice bike.

OK guys - yes, we will all meet and travel to the show together. I would getting there a little later than 9am, it's not going to be a big show and the queues won't be huge.

I would say meet for 9.30 and enter the show at 10. Gives people a good range to get there if there are any traffic delays etc. Also gives us a good hour off leeway in case of any hiccups.

LOCATION TO MEET AT

TRAVELODGE, Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees, TS21 2JX

TIME TO MEET

9.30am

TIME TO LEAVE

10am

@Rob Whitton

We can meet in Hartlepool at 9am if you like and take a slow cruise over, it's 22 mins to Travelodge from Hartlepool.

@Madfish - want to meet us at Wolviston Services on the way over at about 9.10-9.15 ish?

Actually - I've just looked up and MOST people are going to be hitting the A19... so why don't we all meet at the McD's at Wolviston Services for 9.15 ish, set off at 9.30, at the show before 10?

Actually - I've just looked up and MOST people are going to be hitting the A19... so why don't we all meet at the McD's at Wolviston Services for 9.15 ish, set off at 9.30, at the show before 10?
Yep that works for me 👍

Sounds like a plan

I've got a 1992 GSXR 750 😀 could do with a bit of work but generally a nice bike.
Cracking bike I remember them well, hard to believe it was 26yrs ago, I had an Exup then.

I've always loved sports bikes, sadly they no longer love me, I use a Varadero most days now, buggered if I'm getting rid of them though. Apologies for the bike talk!
Varaderos are nice bikes, like the baby version of the NC700. Not for the faster riders, but a smooth and comfortable ride for longer distances mainly. Buddy of mine is an instructor and it's his go-to training bike when he's saddled up all day.

I will take up the rear gunner. When you roll past the Travelodge.

Varaderos are nice bikes, like the baby version of the NC700. Not for the faster riders, but a smooth and comfortable ride for longer distances mainly. Buddy of mine is an instructor and it's his go-to training bike when he's saddled up all day.

Yeah it's mega comfy, big tall screen, handles surpringly well. I've used is to commute between the NE and the SW a few years ago, put some big miles on it. Only fault it could do with another 25 horse power

I’d be there but will be driving south on Thursday...wishing you all a glorious weekend.

A lad I park next to at work has an nc700 I know they do huge MPG and they look nice but it only has 50hp, I had a couple of late 80's VFR750's that had near double that. Might be the bike, might be the rider but it's well rusty as well.

A lad I park next to at work has an nc700 I know they do huge MPG and they look nice but it only has 50hp, I had a couple of late 80's VFR750's that had near double that. Might be the bike, might be the rider but it's well rusty as well.
Could be both, it's the same with cars. If you use it all year round and don't treat it or clean the underside thoroughly it'l just rot to shit in no time. In winter I was jetwashing the underside of my bike every week and this year I'll be ACF50 treating whatever I own. I'm a believer of undersealing cars, ACF50 is an invisible equivalent for bikes.

UPDATE ON MEETING LOCATION & CONVOY

All,

We will meet at McDonald's Wolviston Services between 9.00 and 9.30. Wolviston Services, Coal Ln, Billingham TS22 5PZ

We will stop at the Sedgefield Travelodge at 9.45. Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees TS21 2JX

We will move to the show from there at 10.00.

I will PM all attendees with my contact number shortly. If anything happens on the day, you get lost/stuck/delayed etc, then text/call me to keep me updated.

We will NOT wait at a location for anyone missing unless they have messaged to say they are running late. I would rather you take an extra 5 minutes to pull over, ring me and let me know you'll be late than just be late without warning.

Please ensure you have your tickets printed out with you for entry to the show.

Could be both, it's the same with cars. If you use it all year round and don't treat it or clean the underside thoroughly it'l just rot to shit in no time. In winter I was jetwashing the underside of my bike every week and this year I'll be ACF50 treating whatever I own. I'm a believer of undersealing cars, ACF50 is an invisible equivalent for bikes.
Yeah I used to use ASF50 but use the scott oiler stuff fs365 now it's cheaper and does the job, I use it on the cars, the bikes and the motorhome, I think I'm obsessed with anti corrosion, both bikes i park next to at work (honda's) are rusty, one day i'll have the cure rust on them when they're not looking! I think it comes from remembering 70's and 80's cars and bikes.

UPDATE ON MEETING LOCATION & CONVOY

All,

We will meet at McDonald's Wolviston Services between 9.00 and 9.30. Wolviston Services, Coal Ln, Billingham TS22 5PZ

We will stop at the Sedgefield Travelodge at 9.45. Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees TS21 2JX

We will move to the show from there at 10.00.

I will PM all attendees with my contact number shortly. If anything happens on the day, you get lost/stuck/delayed etc, then text/call me to keep me updated.

We will NOT wait at a location for anyone missing unless they have messaged to say they are running late. I would rather you take an extra 5 minutes to pull over, ring me and let me know you'll be late than just be late without warning.

Please ensure you have your tickets printed out with you for entry to the show.
Sounds good Karl see you there.

Back