• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East Auto Show - Darlington - (Possibly 23rd Aug restrictions allowing)

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Now then boys and girls. It's that time of year again to start pulling attendance lists for shows together.

The North East Auto Show has had a great turn out over the last 2 years, and last year we won a trophy for best small club stand. We need to go back and smash it in 2020. The event is held at the Darlington Echo Arena, is a ONE DAY SHOW, and is open from 11am until 3pm I think (from memory). Anyone on the show stand needs to be at the venue for around 10am, so we'll have an 9:30 meeting time at the local McDonald's, same as last year.

Tickets are ยฃ7.50 each and under 16's go free. Dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a lead.

Plenty going on, loads of trade stands etc. It's a mixed show, so not JDM only. You'll see cars from all marques. Modified, standard and classic. It's a great show for the true enthusiast.

We'll get the attendance list going, but if you can confirm once you have booked your tickets, I'll update the thread so we know you are coming.

To buy tickets you need to go to https://auto-show.co.uk/north-east-auto-show/

You book your own tickets, not through anyone else, so don't send any money to anyone else for the tickets.

Who we gonna have on the stand this year then?

1. @Karl & @Pippa - 2 Adults 3 Kids - PURCHASED
  2. @Simon58 - 1 Adult - PURCHASED
  3. @Reverend RobP - 1 adult - PURCHASED
  4. @Mark (Madfish) - 2 Adults - PURCHASED
  5. @dognero - 1 Adult - PURCHASED
  6. @ja1aa2 - 1 Adult - NOT PURCHASED YET
  7. @Phil G - 1 Adult - PURCHASED
  8. @Madcalc - 2 Adults - PURCHASED
  9. @coulplay - 2 Adukts, 2 Kids - NOT PURCHASED YET
  10. @valk2 - 2 Adults - PURCHASED
  11. @tonymorrell - 2 Adults - PURCHASED
  12. Chris Gibson - PURCHASED
  13. @hendoroku - PURCHASED

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what's planned for that weekend. You'll not want my car on the stand ๐Ÿคฃ but it would be good to come along. ๐Ÿ‘

Can we please not be parked near those knobs that kept revving there engines just so they went pop , spoilt the show a bit for me . ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Can we please not be parked near those knobs that kept revving there engines just so they went pop , spoilt the show a bit for me . ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

We don't get to pick the plot layout mate. Totally depends how many we get on the stand and how early we book tickets etc. I imagine there will be revving, popping and banging all throughout the show though.

Not sure which club it was, either The NE Vauxhall club, Summer Maddness, 5W or E85... but all four are large clubs in the NE.

So we need a large number of Elgrands from the club , think we had 12 or 13 last years a good turn out , but it would be nice to see a lot more of the members attend . Just an old guy having a moan about load music and popping exhausts . I will just lay in the back of the Elgrand and go to sleep. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Yes sir we'll be there! Will buy tickets in due course, when I'm a bit more flush ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Would not miss it for the world!
Ticket purchased "Elgrandoc" for the club stand

Last edited:
Aiming to be there,
(not working on that day at the moment but being self employed anything can happen)
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

yes I wouldn't mind a good day out but our lass wants to know what`s going on in our bike club first .I will let you know shortly Hope to see you soon

Well thinking about popping along too with the whole family. I'll see how things are going until then.

Booked tickets. It states you need to be parked between 8.30 and 9.30am so an earlier breakfast is needed. ๐Ÿ”

Booked tickets. It states you need to be parked between 8.30 and 9.30am so an earlier breakfast is needed. ๐Ÿ”
Yeh I was going to query that as well .

BUY YOUR TICKETS QUICK
THE SHOW IS GETTING CLOSE TO SELLING OUT

You need 1 club stand entry ticket (ElgrandOC) and then a visitor pass for every adult passenger.

Screenshot_20200119-181631.png

Back