• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I have just had to ban a member for persistently breaking this rule, so I will highlight it now for all to see.

We don't have many rules within EOC, but one of them is that politics and religion are kept OUT of the club.

These are hot topics of discussion and can tear a community apart. I mean, world wars are started over these subjects, an owners club doesn't stand a chance if we allow discussions of this kind within the club.

I am sure that most of our members will agree that these topics are not the be discussed here, and I am also sure that most of our members will respect this rule.

I do not want to have to ban anyone else over this, so please take any political or religious conversation to an appropriate forum. This is not the place for it.

Damn Karl, that's a shame. We can't afford to be losing good members who contribute a lot to the forum regardless of people disagreeing with some views.

I hope we are still allowed to have a laugh & take the piss out of eachother mate or what's the point?

Brendan I guess, he has strong opinions and I don't see things like he does on many subjects very much disagree on some! But I didn't think he was shouting about religion or politics, as Phil says shame to lose such a big contributer because it wasn't all opinions by any stretch.

Banter, piss taking, having a laugh is all fine.

I have never and will never allow these topics to be discussed. The member that had been banned was warned on multiple occasions to stop discussing such topics, and said member blatantly ignored them.

Regardless of whether I agreed with those views or not, these are the rules. And if members cannot abide by them, then they have no place here.

Is this breaking both the rules.... ?
Moses said to God, "Have I got this right - the end of the world as we know it will be heralded by trumpets?"
God replied, "No - I said Trump / Pence but don't worry, you'll figure it out when it happens."

I was about to ask what out of the E50 or E51 would Jesus drive if he was to return. I am worried I be banned now but I really need to know which one he would more likely have and why. ;)

I was about to ask what out of the E50 or E51 would Jesus drive if he was to return. I am worried I be banned now but I really need to know which one he would more likely have and why. ;)

Unless he can turn water into petrol I reckon he'd drive a diesel E50.

Ahhh. But he could also take Moses as a passenger to part the sea of traffic and save petrol by not sitting in traffic.

I’m off now before the hammer comes out

If only we could ban politics and religion totally I think the world would be a better place

100% agree. Too many arguments over the way certain people THINK the world should turn... We should just get along with one another. Simple really.

Brendan I guess, he has strong opinions and I don't see things like he does on many subjects very much disagree on some! But I didn't think he was shouting about religion or politics, as Phil says shame to lose such a big contributer because it wasn't all opinions by any stretch.

I think it's refusing to follow the rules was the issue, also the blanket view that people that try or do kill themselves are doing so for attention, and not because of mental illness.

Like I said in another thread, every thing we use in life has rules, if we don't like the rules we can chose not to use it. The forum is no different, play nice within the framework of the rules, or go somewhere with more suitable rules for you.

For me Brendon was often very helpful and loved to offer advice which is what this place is all about but lately most advice was given in a "my way is right everything else wrong" added with regular casual racism and sexism and double entendre that the carry on films would have grown tired of, and I sensed for a while he was going to keep pushing until the club/forum had to push back.

All in my opinion of course.

As a Church of England Vicar and a Hospital Chaplain its nice to spend some downtime here knowing that religion won't come up, thanks Karl.

PS doing a special deal on Christenings at the moment. Buy one get one free....

I think it's refusing to follow the rules was the issue, also the blanket view that people that try or do kill themselves are doing so for attention, and not because of mental illness.

Like I said in another thread, every thing we use in life has rules, if we don't like the rules we can chose not to use it. The forum is no different, play nice within the framework of the rules, or go somewhere with more suitable rules for you.

For me Brendon was often very helpful and loved to offer advice which is what this place is all about but lately most advice was given in a "my way is right everything else wrong" added with regular casual racism and sexism and double entendre that the carry on films would have grown tired of, and I sensed for a while he was going to keep pushing until the club/forum had to push back.

All in my opinion of course.
Then I guess we are banning people based on a moral code, fair enough.

Back