• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION

If there's no religion allowed how come there's a thread about a Christmas meet? :innocent::innocent::innocent:

I'd rename it the Winter Solstice meet... but most people won't have a clue what that means :joy:

Something everyone should read πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It had been snowing all night. So at ....

8:00 I made a snowman.

8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 So, I made a snow woman

8:17 My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere

8:20 The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead

8:22 The transgender person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts

8:25 The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white..

8:31 The Muslim gent across the road demands the snow woman wear a burqa

8:40 The Police arrive saying someone has been offended

8:42 The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role

8:43 The council equalities officer arrived and threatened me with eviction

8:45 TV news crew from the BBC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.

9:00 I'm on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobic sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices... My children are taken by social services

9:29 Far left protesters offended by everything are marching down the street demanding for me to be beheaded

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It's just the world in which we live today and it's going to get worse.

As a Church of England Vicar and a Hospital Chaplain its nice to spend some downtime here knowing that religion won't come up, thanks Karl.

PS doing a special deal on Christenings at the moment. Buy one get one free....
Err....does that include a baby?

8:17 My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere

8:20 The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead

8:22 The transgender person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts

8:25 The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:42 The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role

8:45 TV news crew from the BBC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.

9:00 I'm on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobic sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices... My children are taken by social services

9:29 Far left protesters offended by everything are marching down the street demanding for me to be beheaded

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It's just the world in which we live today and it's going to get worse.
Only just seen this...bloody brilliant mate!

For the last 16 years at work the company I work for has laid on a Christmas party. This year we're having an 'end of year party'.

FFS. :rolleyes:

Brilliant. Taking offense should be an offence. I'll use that as my slogan when they beg me to be Prime Minister to sort out the damn mess we are in :D

People really don't have enough problems in their life if they have time to be offended by trivial things.
It's almost as though people cannot live any more without picking fights.

There's a difference between acknowledging different genders/roles/features within communities and actively looking for things to complain about.

Really don't understand why we can't all just get along and be happy.

For the last 16 years at work the company I work for has laid on a Christmas party. This year we're having an 'end of year party'.

FFS. :rolleyes:

Oh dear... :rolleyes: so no mulled wine and Christmas cheer then..? I can say a lot about that, but I fear for my life just like the company you’re working for does, I presume. At least there’s a party :grinning:

People really don't have enough problems in their life if they have time to be offended by trivial things.
It's almost as though people cannot live any more without picking fights.

There's a difference between acknowledging different genders/roles/features within communities and actively looking for things to complain about.

Really don't understand why we can't all just get along and be happy.

So true Karl, by nature human beings respond more favourably to kindness, whatever your goal is. I firmly believe that great leadership and change in this world is achieved by mutual respect and setting the example for peace.

Loved all these posts, Mr Boss. One of my past incarnations was in a Council office where politics was banned, on the grounds it could lead to favouritism/persecution from elected members. Joking about politics or being sympathetic to ousted councillors after elections was permitted and encouraged along with great friendships across political divides. Sorry you had to do the necessary. Maybe after appropriate penance the person might return.

Brexit debate is really starting to wind me up now especially with the vested interests chiming up again.

Think I can just about get away with that one ;):joy:

Surely not πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚total politics πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚total bullshit πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
Hi Phil, Really understand your sentiment. Feeling a bit helpless myself. I do like politics though and enjoy my other ranting outlet in another forum outside the club. It's a lot fiercer than this one though!

Hi Phil, Really understand your sentiment. Feeling a bit helpless myself. I do like politics though and enjoy my other ranting outlet in another forum outside the club. It's a lot fiercer than this one though!

Hi Paul, we're not allowed to talk politics or religion which is a good thing to keep the club nice & friendly. Every now & then something just slips out though ;) but always with a bit of humour :)

I will say that this rule will not be managed with an iron fist. The occasional comment dropped into conversation will just slip by... but if things turn into conversations, and they start turning into arguments, then that's where we'll step in.

I've personally fallen out with too many people over politics/religion. I've even alienated members of my own family due to religious beliefs... so yeah, they really are not good topics of conversation to have in a community such as this. Not unless there is a 100% guarantee that all parties can remain objective and respectful... and there is never any guarantee of that.

I will say that this rule will not be managed with an iron fist. The occasional comment dropped into conversation will just slip by... but if things turn into conversations, and they start turning into arguments, then that's where we'll step in.

I've personally fallen out with too many people over politics/religion. I've even alienated members of my own family due to religious beliefs... so yeah, they really are not good topics of conversation to have in a community such as this. Not unless there is a 100% guarantee that all parties can remain objective and respectful... and there is never any guarantee of that.
Amen to that.

Thanks Karl. I enjoy the other forums for what they are for. I'm not sure how far I would get if I introduced the Elgrand as a topic there instead of political turmoil. Probably welcomed as a positive change! As a contrast, today I saw a minicab driver help a nervous motorist into a tight parking space - in the pouring rain. He then drove off with a thumbs up. There's a lot of delightful people out there who appreciate that driving needs courtesy and sometimes sheer heartwarming kindness. Beats politics any day.

Back