• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Nice day for a thorough going over

Rob Whitton

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Dry, mild and still, no excuses not to give the car a thorough going over!
Washed it yesterday once the wind dropped and this morning gave it a proper right sweat on elbow grease polish. 20190210_104755.jpg
I was under it at New year to sort any likely corrosion areas and odd spots of corrosion starting, the good going over I gave it at the back end of last year has lasted well. This morning it still looks good. 20190210_100902.jpg

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Who ever recommend the meguiars tech wax I must say thank you. My car has never seen a clay bar, and today was quick snow foam hand wash and then tech wax. Never used a wax so easy to apply before, and very happy with the results, took about an hour to wax whole van
IMAG2039.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Washed it yesterday once the wind dropped and this morning gave it a proper right sweat on elbow grease polish. View attachment 14044
I was under it at New year to sort any likely corrosion areas and odd spots of corrosion starting, the good going over I gave it at the back end of last year has lasted well. This morning it still looks good. View attachment 14045
Wow think you must have one of the cleanest undercarriages I've seen @Rob Whitton!!! :p

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
I also bought one of these tool bags to keep all my car cleaning stuff in and easy to move around, it's pretty neat. This buying cleaning stuff is addictive, I need a clay bar and some fall out remover now. 😁
316423-Rolson-Tool-Bag-2.jpg

Snoopy11

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
E-Bucks
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
I also bought one of these tool bags to keep all my car cleaning stuff in and easy to move around, it's pretty neat. This buying cleaning stuff is addictive, I need a clay bar and some fall out remover now. 😁
View attachment 14117
That’s not a bad idea. I’ve got bits of stuff everywhere

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
That’s not a bad idea. I’ve got bits of stuff everywhere
I was in B&M picking up a new bucket and seen it and thought that would work really well and it does.

Can even fit the snow foam lance in side pocket, so when it's cleaning time just need that bag as it has snow foam, shampoo, wax, sponges, cloths etc already in there

Very decent for £12

Robyakuzawagon

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
E-Bucks
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Washed it yesterday once the wind dropped and this morning gave it a proper right sweat on elbow grease polish. View attachment 14044
I was under it at New year to sort any likely corrosion areas and odd spots of corrosion starting, the good going over I gave it at the back end of last year has lasted well. This morning it still looks good. View attachment 14045
Waiting for a break to get mine done. Did a good clean job under there by looks of it mate👍 And your exhaust looks straight out of factory! Did you give it a brush n paint?