• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Interactive Member Map

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
For those of you who have used it, the previous member map was a manual update process.
It was quite time consuming and all in all, a pain in the ass to keep on top of.

This evening I have found an add on for the forum that automatically updates the map. Wahoo!

This only works for ACTIVE MEMBERS (so anyone with more than 10 posts). You will automatically be shown on the member map.

Now if you don't want to be on the member map, all you have to do is click the link, find your pin, and hit "Opt Out" and you will be removed from the map.

This tool will be a massive help to anyone wanting to arrange a meet, or for anyone looking for local assistance with a problem.

Oh, and you have to be a member of the club to see the map, so you don't have to worry about random people on the Internet 👍

When using a mobile device to view the map, it only shows you the pins of members, but when you view on a PC/Laptop, you get details of the member, username, last active date and whatever image they have as their avatar.

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/dbtech-membermap/

Bloody hell Karl. You've been busy today. This so and e bucks.
Well done.

There's more coming... Just need to pull my finger out. Wanted the new search feature up and running, but that will have to wait now.

Last edited:
Do you mean *new search feature @Karl

And yet you haven't changed it, lol

I have now - I was on my phone before, so waited until I got back on the laptop as it's easier :D

It feels a little sparse down my way at the moment. Are users only added after they click the link perhaps, or once they make a post after it's been set up?

It feels a little sparse down my way at the moment. Are users only added after they click the link perhaps, or once they make a post after it's been set up?
There's only 16 members showing when I look.

I will speak to the developer and find out what the deal is with using the map on a mobile device.
I will also find out why the pins are looking sporadic... seems that only online members are being displayed.

I will speak to the developer and find out what the deal is with using the map on a mobile device.
I will also find out why the pins are looking sporadic... seems that only online members are being displayed.
Cheers boss 😁 not a major issue at the moment as I know who most pins relate to in my region, (and a bit further a field) only becomes a problem as it grows and more new members tag on to it, I won't know who they are.

I had to relocate my pin as it was miles out

Not showing anyone on the isle of Wight and I'm pretty sure I'm here

Its obviously not liking some of us....apparently no members ion Windsor or around.....

You'll need to move your pin :)

1538581774670.png

Not showing anyone on the isle of Wight and I'm pretty sure I'm here

Yeah, my pin was a few miles out. The map is not there to keep tracks on people's exact locations. If the pin is WELL off, then move it nearer... but as long as it can give people a rough idea of where members are located, then we're all good.

@Cliff goodwin - not sure why you were put in Portsmouth :joy:

Yeah, my pin was a few miles out. The map is not there to keep tracks on people's exact locations. If the pin is WELL off, then move it nearer... but as long as it can give people a rough idea of where members are located, then we're all good.

@Cliff goodwin - not sure why you were put in Portsmouth :joy:

Only one near me is @Claptrap...I know i am there plus a few others...

Back