• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Insurance Partner - 15% Club Discount

It's not just based on Crime rates though. It's also based on claims.

So if you have a rich neighbour with a supercar and they stuff it... that claim will go against everyone in that post code.

Or, if you have a load of neighbours who shouldn't have a licence, and they are always bumping and claiming, that will go against you.

Added to Crime stats... it's not a fair statistic to use in all honesty. Insurance should be based on your personal record only... not the record of others.

Greenlight came up trumps for me.

Fully clued up on cars and modifications and seem like genuine car people not just doing it for a job.

My van was fully covered including all mods much cheaper than any other company out there and I'm confident in the service that they offer.

My policy was £300 with everything covered

Highly recommended

I wonder if that site is up to date? I live in TS10 and that's rated as F but my insurance for the Ellie is over a hundred pounds less than Karl's which is an E. Doesn't make a lot of sense....

I wonder if that site is up to date? I live in TS10 and that's rated as F but my insurance for the Ellie is over a hundred pounds less than Karl's which is an E. Doesn't make a lot of sense....

Could be the modifications, my age, difference in NCB, or any number of other things.

Tried greenlight recently and was unimpressed im afraid. The person i spoke to (male but didnt get his name) sounded pretty uninterested in giving a quote and soon stopped the convo when i told him that my wife had a fault accident last year, wouldnt do a quote after that so will have to find another company. Quotes ive been getting are super high, cheepest being flux at £900, 11 years no claims, no accidents or points for me but wife has accident and 3 points.

Tried greenlight recently and was unimpressed im afraid. The person i spoke to (male but didnt get his name) sounded pretty uninterested in giving a quote and soon stopped the convo when i told him that my wife had a fault accident last year, wouldnt do a quote after that so will have to find another company. Quotes ive been getting are super high, cheepest being flux at £900, 11 years no claims, no accidents or points for me but wife has accident and 3 points.

Oh dear @Dimbers that quote is very high! I know the solution... don't put your wife on the Elgrand insurance! :p

Oh dear @Dimbers that quote is very high! I know the solution... don't put your wife on the Elgrand insurance! :p

Haha I did think of that, but i dont fancy having to take her shopping, hairdressers, nails etc etc. I will keep pushing with the quotes, i would be happy with around £700 which i think is still high but not ridiculous. A few more companies to try yet.

That's because they won't quote with less than 3 years NCB, so adding a named driver with less than that, they won't insure.

If you read the "terms" on the website regarding this, it will prevent you wasting your time.

A lot of the "best" insurers in terms of price, have stipulations around the type of people they will quote to insure. They are not set up to insure people outside of those parameters, and as such, will not be competitive. They excel at providing insurance for their target audience.

I am sure you would find they would give you a very good quote just for yourself, but as their website states, they won't insure your wife as a named driver due to the accident/lack of NCB.

POW £290.20 with Greenlight on the van. however they wanted a lot more for my mini with twice as much NCD and half the miles

General Accident £431.27 fully comp zone E, full no claims bonus, no points, husband and wife only. Though I got a good deal at the time, but will try Greenlight on renewal. ;)

Hi i will have to try g/l/ insurance as and when i change motors i have had a noclaims ins.from back in the 1990s thanks for this forum what would we do without it i may be out of line for putting this little snip on hear ####Nissan Elgrand E51 quick Reference guide I only found it by chance yours as allways John the MOONRIDER 19 BEST 73S down in KENT..

I also live in Hartlepool and am a newbie without a Elgrand yet so got myself a quote for a 2005 3.5l using a reg number from an ad on ebay
Came back at £302 fully comp, 5 years NCB and with my wife as a named driver which knocked £100 off
I was quite happy as I haven't really shopped around for any other quotes

I insured with greenlight when my renewal came up, just under £400 per year with all options. Costing me £36 per month on a monthly plan. Much better than the £600+ that every other insurer was looking for, even the broker I had been with for about 10 years! Direct line were previously charging me over£60 per month so well chuffed!

For anyone looking to renew their insurance or you are looking at insurance for your pending arrival, check out GreenLight Insurance. I was recommended to them by @Madfish a few months ago when he renewed as they gave him an exceptional quote.

I have now just renewed my insurance with these guys and they knocked a whopping £300 off my renewal quote from Sky Insurance, who have been the cheapest for me for years by at least £200.

The guy to speak to is Dan Kirrage, he's super helpful and will do his best to give you a good quote.

All you need to do in order to get the 15% off is to tell them that you are a member of ElgrandOC. They will then confirm your membership with the club and deduct the discount from your premium.

Just as a side note, we all know that insurance companies seem to be pot luck, what works for one does not work for everyone, but I am quite confident these guys will be competitive.

https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll check them out 👍🏻

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll check them out 👍🏻
Think you might find that it depends on the number of drivers you want to insure. I wanted four, myself, wife and two sons-in-law. They said they couldn't offer me a policy.

Will give them a call... just been quoted £500 plus on moneysuper a little cheaper on compare and £327 on ASDA

PS Move to the Highlands :) 'A' being low risk and lots of fast sweeping empty roads!

IV Inverness
1-28, 30-32, 36, 40-49, 51-56, 63 . . . . . . . A

Will give them a call... just been quoted £500 plus on moneysuper a little cheaper on compare and £327 on ASDA

Update
I'm just sorting my insurance out and went back onto carinsurance.asda.com ... I added my wife as an additional driver, just to see what it would do to the premium and it went down £70 to £257.00 (£30 + £25ish a month) with Geoffrey Insurance.

That's with 0 NCD as all my NCD is on another car...

OK. How do u get around their no more than 5 seats including driver bit?

Back