• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

New Insurance Partner - 15% Club Discount

@Chris davies I didn't get that when I went through the form...
Number of seats * - 7

Just renewed mine through Camping and Caravan club....seems reasonable in comparison with others experiences.....but then I do live in Norfolk....!!

Just looked up my area WF1 not a bad area but an E rating..note my mates area in Bradford and its Refer now that is a bad area and his insurance is sky high

Is there anyway to prove your a member or do we just need to say we are?

Just tell them you're a member and give your username

I'll take a look at this for next year, but I always found Caravan Guard pretty good, just renewed after 5 years absence and only £275

This will come in handy direct line just quoted me 2200
I just don't understand the insurance world, Direct Line charged us £164! and ours is the notoriously fastest colour, white.

I got quoted £345 from direct line with business use but it was only valued at a basic model and would get less than £4k back in the event of a write-off

I got quoted £345 from direct line with business use but it was only valued at a basic model and would get less than £4k back in the event of a write-off
We got agreed value, 8k, parking on the road overnight, 7k miles per year, no excess, and "someone" has 3 points speeding. Old fuddy duddys and Devon postcode I suppose. Certainly best to spend an afternoon shopping around both on the interweb and on the dog n bone. I was totally amazed at our quote.

I just don't understand the insurance world, Direct Line charged us £164! and ours is the notoriously fastest colour, white.
I live on the out skirts of liverpool so that probably don't help

Greenlight would not quote me unless I had Thatcham security

Upcoming renewal quote from Geoffrey was £640 (original premium £270)... no accidents or claims whatsoever. Just purchased decent comprehensive cover with legal and NCD protection etc and £200 excess from Privilige for £196.43. Didn't need the breakdown as have that elsewhere.

I sense a competition coming on... Is @Sid with £164 winning so far?

cover.png

Practically everywhere refused to insure me unless I threw a grand at them because I am under 25 😭

Upcoming renewal quote from Geoffrey was £640 (original premium £270)... no accidents or claims whatsoever. Just purchased decent comprehensive cover with legal and NCD protection etc and £200 excess from Privilige for £196.43. Didn't need the breakdown as have that elsewhere.

View attachment 31365
£0.00 excess on our policy as well, really dont know how we got such a good deal, must be were over 60 but under 70 and have a Devon post code, full no claims, although parking on the roadside. We did it on line, kept lowering the voluntary excess until we hit zero and the quote stayed the same, amazing. So we phoned up to make sure and did the deal over the phone.

Y
Yup, My post code is in he E category.... 2nd from highest risk. Wonder what I'd be if it were an F code.

The lowest risk in the whole of Cleveland is a C :joy:
Yes I'm an E postcode too! not ideal!!!

View attachment 31365
For those interested. Privilege just quoted £216 to auto renew... I gave them a call and the nice lady got it down to £185.00 for me. Always worth a quick phone call...

That's a great price 👍

Just got a quote from Aviva £295 for my Ellie not bad eh !!!!!

Back