• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NATIONAL VIRTUAL MEET SUNDAY 5TH APRIL

Seems well I'm late but took a pic yesterday (Sunday downunder :confused: ) and the forum was locked still. Will go through all the pages a little later.

Anyway E51 highway stary, had a E50 3.2D and a E51 rider before this. Have 4 kids and they aren't shrinking so back to a van for us.

This one has been the most kitted with twin sunroofs blinds etc. Got the dealer to install fascia and double din Android head unit. An owner in Japan has installed a heap of LED lights around the cabin which is cool but the drivers side doesn't work which appears to be just an earth not connected so will see. Thinking of puttin them on a 3 way swith for Off, On and a timer so they stay on for a set time after the car is started then go off.

Down the track would love to airbag it hmm but new basic exhaust with modified cats and the tow bar goes on this week and we are still able to go for a fish here so bring on Easter.

You carry on the meet while we get some kip.

Hi everyone posted photo yesterday but no details about myself so here goes
63 today, work in the NHS as estates officer but remote working now due to heart issue and covid-19 have had the van about 2 years, LPG done by Simon, I did have the rear windows wrapped but remove it as I could not see out when wet, have got new PVC valve to fit so will also fit a catch can at the same time van 2007 X AWD and how many spotted the VW part fitted

More photos please of interior foam flooring, and whats wrong with the rear lights they look normal? love the deep paint and sits lovely!
jump onto ebay for the warm white bulbs along with the number plate (get your measuring tape out)
:)

Yeah now that I'm looking at the back of everyone else's they do look like original tail lights. Can't believe they are such a mismatch in colour with the big red stripe (whatever that is called ; )

The van is currently full of Dewalt boxes but next time it's empty I'll get a picture of that floor up!

VERY late to the party sorry all. Checked in this AM but the server was not playing.

VM1.jpg

vm2.jpg

vm3.jpg

bmx9-lg.jpg

Adam, Elgrand newbie. Previous to that I was a BMW nut (cheap 10 year old 6 cylinders for the win---my last one took me to Morocco and back last November). I work as a gas engineer (hence the PPE ; ) but always managed to avoid vans until this year when I needed something for a new business venture. The Elgrand hit all the spots for me as it could act as a van / day tripper for 4 people / luxury motorway wafter / interesting engine I can get nerdy about. Couple of months into ownership now and got used to the fact that it doesn't corner when full of work gear. I love it!

38 years old, born in Shotley Bridge (for the big NE crew on here!), lived around Gateshead / Durham / Newcastle riding BMX, surfing and playing in bands before moving to London in 2010. I did a year in 2017/18 in San Francisco studying and working in tech too, partly as recovery from a big BMX injury put that part of my life to rest. I mainly just surf now, another reason for the Elgrand : )

I don't know what model it is as @Winchester suggested it had an obscure combination of interior trims (anthracite carpets / silver leather / beige roof lining?!). It came from JP with the murdered-out grille and debadged, and as it turns out also running some seriously fugly aftermarket tail lights (anyone want to swap?) and a full set of blue white interior lights which give me an instant headache. It's a 3.5 S2 and more happily came with a Nismo suspension setup.

So far I have limo tinted the windows, removed the two rear seat rows (the rearmost being kept for when I need a 4 seater), stripped out the million seat rails from the middle row stuff, levelled out the floor using recon foam and rubber gym matting. It's had five new Bridgestone Dueler tyres (one lasted <1 week before getting shredded by a nail in Chelsea), two coats of carnuaba wax, a replacement OEM amplifier (thanks to this forum). Yesterday I installed an Apple-friendly mirrorcast box (hidden next to the TV amp in the rear), and I also have an ELM327 plugged in which has already solved a blown fuse on the O2 Sensor that fired an engine warning light after a trip to the car wash.

Plans: OEM tail light units? At least some that match the rest of the red lights on the back (any advice appreciated). And if anyone can point me towards warm white LED bulbs for every interior light my eyes would be most appreciative. Need to source a rear numberplate that fits better. Aside from that I'm going to keep it pretty as-is externally---one of my favourite things about these are the vannish looks that betray what they are underneath, especially the stock wheels : )

Oh... might get it wrapped in gloss black. I like the reptilian green fleck in the sunlight but not sure the mad purple is exactly my thing...

Already had a ton of help and good advice on here so thanks all! And please to see the large NE contingency too ; )
VERY late to the party sorry all. Checked in this AM but the server was not playing.

VM1.jpg

vm2.jpg

vm3.jpg

bmx9-lg.jpg

Adam, Elgrand newbie. Previous to that I was a BMW nut (cheap 10 year old 6 cylinders for the win---my last one took me to Morocco and back last November). I work as a gas engineer (hence the PPE ; ) but always managed to avoid vans until this year when I needed something for a new business venture. The Elgrand hit all the spots for me as it could act as a van / day tripper for 4 people / luxury motorway wafter / interesting engine I can get nerdy about. Couple of months into ownership now and got used to the fact that it doesn't corner when full of work gear. I love it!

38 years old, born in Shotley Bridge (for the big NE crew on here!), lived around Gateshead / Durham / Newcastle riding BMX, surfing and playing in bands before moving to London in 2010. I did a year in 2017/18 in San Francisco studying and working in tech too, partly as recovery from a big BMX injury put that part of my life to rest. I mainly just surf now, another reason for the Elgrand : )

I don't know what model it is as @Winchester suggested it had an obscure combination of interior trims (anthracite carpets / silver leather / beige roof lining?!). It came from JP with the murdered-out grille and debadged, and as it turns out also running some seriously fugly aftermarket tail lights (anyone want to swap?) and a full set of blue white interior lights which give me an instant headache. It's a 3.5 S2 and more happily came with a Nismo suspension setup.

So far I have limo tinted the windows, removed the two rear seat rows (the rearmost being kept for when I need a 4 seater), stripped out the million seat rails from the middle row stuff, levelled out the floor using recon foam and rubber gym matting. It's had five new Bridgestone Dueler tyres (one lasted <1 week before getting shredded by a nail in Chelsea), two coats of carnuaba wax, a replacement OEM amplifier (thanks to this forum). Yesterday I installed an Apple-friendly mirrorcast box (hidden next to the TV amp in the rear), and I also have an ELM327 plugged in which has already solved a blown fuse on the O2 Sensor that fired an engine warning light after a trip to the car wash.

Plans: OEM tail light units? At least some that match the rest of the red lights on the back (any advice appreciated). And if anyone can point me towards warm white LED bulbs for every interior light my eyes would be most appreciative. Need to source a rear numberplate that fits better. Aside from that I'm going to keep it pretty as-is externally---one of my favourite things about these are the vannish looks that betray what they are underneath, especially the stock wheels : )

Oh... might get it wrapped in gloss black. I like the reptilian green fleck in the sunlight but not sure the mad purple is exactly my thing...

Already had a ton of help and good advice on here so thanks all! And please to see the large NE contingency too ; )
going by the wheels I'd say Highway Star

63 today
Happy birthday Michael...see you got up early to open your presents

Hi Every one

We are Called Martin and Kate live in Watford and we our having so much fun in our Elgrand so far we have had her for a year and abit.

The story behind why we have an Elgrand.
Generally we love cars and one of our favourite cars we owned was a Nissan 350z convertible which was so much fun. We Have 2 cars and wanted a 3rd Mpv or a van due to us supplying music for events so needed something to transport the items after looking hard we came across the e50 and the first thing that caught our attention was the sun roof in the middle however we never know the performance side of things. So we decided ok let’s have a look and whatever we get let’s convert it so we can have lots of mini breaks in it. So we had a look drove it and wow!!! Omg it was fast then the chap said ooo it also has a power button lol :D

OMG it was like a mpv/ van that was made for us :)

A Nissan, 3.5 v6 with two sunroofs that can that can fit all the music stuff In! Result

So we bought it. We have been on many adventures and gone to great lengths to get items for it as we all know to get parts for the e50 is impossible so faced with trying to find alloy wheels and a lounge pack took a lot of looking but after travelling to the top of Scotland and visiting Steve from Tojo ‘ending up randomly at a Halloween party whilst quickly finding a camp site to stay at :) we have them :)

Attachments

• E937A40C-BB8F-418F-9D56-B89E5212714A.jpeg
    E937A40C-BB8F-418F-9D56-B89E5212714A.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 25
  • CE597014-BACD-425B-B907-DF0E64D4895C.jpeg
    CE597014-BACD-425B-B907-DF0E64D4895C.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 035474EB-2F8D-4A8E-AE03-4890D8EB614C.jpeg
    035474EB-2F8D-4A8E-AE03-4890D8EB614C.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 26
  • C930B0AB-BFF8-4063-AC88-6C5193166C0D.jpeg
    C930B0AB-BFF8-4063-AC88-6C5193166C0D.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 26
  • E4B72C4F-4E26-4A50-8221-3153837B42DB.jpeg
    E4B72C4F-4E26-4A50-8221-3153837B42DB.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 29
  • C659D5E6-504E-4A5B-AC24-7269E6855879.jpeg
    C659D5E6-504E-4A5B-AC24-7269E6855879.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 22
  • A5EE3623-1614-4595-B0D1-C3795176BD00.jpeg
    A5EE3623-1614-4595-B0D1-C3795176BD00.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 24
Hi Every one

We are Called Martin and Kate live in Watford and we our having so much fun in our Elgrand so far we have had her for a year and abit.

Generally we love cars and one of our favourite cars we owned was a Nissan 350z convertible which was so much fun. We Have 2 cars and wanted a 3rd Mpv or a van due to us supplying music for events so needed something to transport the items after looking hard we came across the e50 and the first thing that caught our attention was the sun roof in the middle however we never know the performance side of things. So we decided ok let’s have a look and whatever we get let’s convert it so we can have lots of mini breaks in it. So we had a look drove it and wow!!! Omg it was fast then the chap said ooo it also has a power button lol :D

A Nissan, 3.5 v6 with two sunroofs that can that can fit all the music stuff In! Result

So we bought it. We have been on many adventures and gone to great lengths to get items for it as we all know to get parts for the e50 is impossible so faced with trying to find alloy wheels and a lounge pack took a lot of looking but after travelling to the top of Scotland and visiting Steve from Tojo ‘ending up randomly at a Halloween party whilst quickly finding a camp site to stay at :) we have them :)
Pandas a beauty mate bet the v6 has plenty of grunt :)

63 today, work in the NHS as estates officer but remote working now due to heart issue and covid-19 have had the van about 2 years, LPG done by Simon, I did have the rear windows wrapped but remove it as I could not see out when wet, have got new PVC valve to fit so will also fit a catch can at the same time van 2007 X AWD and how many spotted the VW part fitted
Happy birthday Michael. Hope you've had a good day! If not a bit different to the usual birthdays... 🎂🎉🍰

Hi Every one

Looking good there Mjay 👍🏼 looking forward to seeing updated pics when you've finished doing the bodywork 😁

Reactions: Ste

Attachments

• 52665081-88FB-4BD8-8D90-965AC20947B6.jpeg
    52665081-88FB-4BD8-8D90-965AC20947B6.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 22
Hi mate yeah cant wait to get her finished :)

Back