• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NATIONAL VIRTUAL MEET SUNDAY 5TH APRIL

Wow one hell of a meet , really good idea . We must do this again. Well done to every one , there are some nice vehicles out there and not 2 the same . There seems to be a lot of repairs and maintenance going on , as you've seen from my post getting things done that I've been putting off for months . ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hi All ole ๐Ÿ˜Ž Meaty here (aka Tony sorry don't have an Elgrand at the moment as it's gone back ( hopefully for good this time ๐Ÿคž ) looks like we'll be going to court in the near future,
So a bit about the Elgrand less Elgrandie, I'm retired due to I'll health now trying to be an artist ( no not a p artist ๐Ÿคฃ) been trying to put a photo on here of Barry ( the Elgrand that went back ) although there's a good video on here how to do it I just can't do it on my phone so sorry for that, seen some Elgrand's in Dover where we are but the alarms are to good lol, c u all soon bye for now

yep, brilliant meet ladies and gentlemen,:cool: i did think it would be a bit popular ;) but to crash the forum blooming hell๐Ÿคช well done and thanks to all of you ๐Ÿ‘ and yes my grand was covered i pigeon crap when i met andy:mad: as well as exercise i was getting supplies (beer and milk ) nipper needed new multi metre and the grand needed a run :rolleyes:

I've had Flo now for nearly 6 years,and still in love ,now I'm retired was desperate to get away in her but ...well we all know what's happening with that idea ,any way win best E50 last year thanks to all who voted
here's the wife
20180311_180931.jpg
and here's me and Darcy dog
20180811_205236.jpg

VERY late to the party sorry all. Checked in this AM but the server was not playing.

VM1.jpg

vm2.jpg

vm3.jpg

bmx9-lg.jpg

Adam, Elgrand newbie. Previous to that I was a BMW nut (cheap 10 year old 6 cylinders for the win---my last one took me to Morocco and back last November). I work as a gas engineer (hence the PPE ; ) but always managed to avoid vans until this year when I needed something for a new business venture. The Elgrand hit all the spots for me as it could act as a van / day tripper for 4 people / luxury motorway wafter / interesting engine I can get nerdy about. Couple of months into ownership now and got used to the fact that it doesn't corner when full of work gear. I love it!

38 years old, born in Shotley Bridge (for the big NE crew on here!), lived around Gateshead / Durham / Newcastle riding BMX, surfing and playing in bands before moving to London in 2010. I did a year in 2017/18 in San Francisco studying and working in tech too, partly as recovery from a big BMX injury put that part of my life to rest. I mainly just surf now, another reason for the Elgrand : )

I don't know what model it is as @Winchester suggested it had an obscure combination of interior trims (anthracite carpets / silver leather / beige roof lining?!). It came from JP with the murdered-out grille and debadged, and as it turns out also running some seriously fugly aftermarket tail lights (anyone want to swap?) and a full set of blue white interior lights which give me an instant headache. It's a 3.5 S2 and more happily came with a Nismo suspension setup.

So far I have limo tinted the windows, removed the two rear seat rows (the rearmost being kept for when I need a 4 seater), stripped out the million seat rails from the middle row stuff, levelled out the floor using recon foam and rubber gym matting. It's had five new Bridgestone Dueler tyres (one lasted <1 week before getting shredded by a nail in Chelsea), two coats of carnuaba wax, a replacement OEM amplifier (thanks to this forum). Yesterday I installed an Apple-friendly mirrorcast box (hidden next to the TV amp in the rear), and I also have an ELM327 plugged in which has already solved a blown fuse on the O2 Sensor that fired an engine warning light after a trip to the car wash.

Plans: OEM tail light units? At least some that match the rest of the red lights on the back (any advice appreciated). And if anyone can point me towards warm white LED bulbs for every interior light my eyes would be most appreciative. Need to source a rear numberplate that fits better. Aside from that I'm going to keep it pretty as-is externally---one of my favourite things about these are the vannish looks that betray what they are underneath, especially the stock wheels : )

Oh... might get it wrapped in gloss black. I like the reptilian green fleck in the sunlight but not sure the mad purple is exactly my thing...

Already had a ton of help and good advice on here so thanks all! And please to see the large NE contingency too ; )

Last edited:
Hi all sorry weโ€™re late ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Im Rhys and Iโ€™m 36, living in Kidwelly in South Wales with my fiancรฉ Nikki. Weโ€™ve had โ€˜Fugzyโ€™ our 2004 E51 highway star since the beginning of March this year and we absolutely love him!

Weโ€™ve managed to have a day or two out with him before the lockdown so we canโ€™t complain ๐Ÿ˜ I suppose one plus of being on lockdown has meant Iโ€™ve managed to spend the last week doing the following:

snowfoam
Hand wash
Iron remover
Clay bar
3 stage machine polish on front
2 stage machine polish on rest of van
One layer of FK100p sealant wax (another two to three will be added this week)

Anyway enough of my waffling...hereโ€™s some pics of Fugzy ๐Ÿ˜ and one of me and the mrs ๐Ÿ˜

76454BFB-D606-4051-96DB-242B738C2564.jpegF356D8DB-505B-4EF5-8DEC-3F95CC6B863A.jpegADEA4F69-87D4-4FED-B7F2-0A1A886E7AB7.jpegA71E14E1-AE21-4345-9014-A7BB8C7A625F.jpegE45AF258-B323-4AB4-B482-27E1EADC220C.jpegCED2E9EC-F795-481E-A6AF-ABABE4D66ADD.jpeg57CF3557-37A7-4C07-92DC-06AE4E07634F.jpeg1EF4C905-7FFC-4745-ADB1-316F91DBE411.jpeg

Attachments

• 5E4A701B-D00E-4AEC-A5A4-0DE5CE3BA750.jpeg
    5E4A701B-D00E-4AEC-A5A4-0DE5CE3BA750.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 6

Im Rhys and Iโ€™m 36, living in Kidwelly in South Wales with my fiancรฉ Nikki. Weโ€™ve had โ€˜Fugzyโ€™ our 2004 E51 highway star since the beginning of March this year and we absolutely love him!

Weโ€™ve managed to have a day or two out with him before the lockdown so we canโ€™t complain ๐Ÿ˜ I suppose one plus of being on lockdown has meant Iโ€™ve managed to spend the last week doing the following:

snowfoam
Hand wash
Iron remover
Clay bar

Anyway enough of my waffling...hereโ€™s some pics of Fugzy ๐Ÿ˜ and one of me and the mrs ๐Ÿ˜

View attachment 32452View attachment 32459View attachment 32460View attachment 32461View attachment 32462View attachment 32454View attachment 32455View attachment 32456
Lovely wheels, and good shine on paint work ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

snowfoam
Hand wash
Iron remover
Clay bar

View attachment 32452View attachment 32459View attachment 32460View attachment 32461View attachment 32462View attachment 32454View attachment 32455View attachment 32456
Beautiful shiny Ellie you have mate.. ๐Ÿ˜ŽWould love you like to come and shine mine up?? I wouldn't know the first thing of going this far... still to learn everything!! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ XX

Beautiful shiny Ellie you have mate.. ๐Ÿ˜ŽWould love you like to come and shine mine up?? I wouldn't know the first thing of going this far... still to learn everything!! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ XX
Thanks we love it ๐Ÿ˜Š haha if I was living down the road I mightโ€™ve helped! It was seriously hard work I will be honest! Check out the โ€˜detailing worldโ€™ forum if you want some tips on the correct way to clean and polish etc, I learnt a hell of lot on there ๐Ÿ‘ xx

Back