• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Moving on to better things...

E-Bucks
First Name
Kiera
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Better things being an Ellie of course ;)

I want to sell my current Mazda Bongo, the engine has got the best of me. Not only does it make no power, I seem to have an electrical ghost :(

I'll be tidying it up and taking a better look at it this summer, see what I can fix then I'll be selling it. I am however a little concerned about tax - I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?

Looking forward to joining you ;)

E-Bucks
First Name
Brendan
Elgrand
E51

I want to sell my current Mazda Bongo, the engine has got the best of me. Not only does it make no power, I seem to have an electrical ghost :(

I'll be tidying it up and taking a better look at it this summer, see what I can fix then I'll be selling it. I am however a little concerned about tax - I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?

I would just be worried about owning a bloody Bongo!!!:p:p:p There should be a tax on those who own one of them:p:p:p:p get rid and buy an Elgrand NOW:innocent:

Rebus

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
E-Bucks
First Name
Malcolm
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?
As you are salaried you won`t be liable to be taxed on the money from selling your car.
Tax would only be due if you made a profit selling it (Capital Gains Tax)
Or it was used for business.

E-Bucks
First Name
Kiera
Elgrand
Looking to buy
As you are salaried you won`t be liable to be taxed on the money from selling your car.
Tax would only be due if you made a profit selling it (Capital Gains Tax)
Or it was used for business.
Profit on a Bongo, you're joking right?:joy:

Cheers for the help & brilliant comments all! Made my day haha!

E-Bucks
First Name
Phil

Cars are exempt from capital gains tax so even if you make a profit it won't be taxable.

Nathane69

Here for life
E50 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Nathan
Elgrand
E50
The only bongo you should be allowed........................................................................
View attachment 5688
But on a serious note @KieraH , buy an Elgrand. You'll never look back! 😁😁😁
Heh heh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky ,
This drinks been around for years .
I still remember the ad on tv when I was a kid .
🎀Umbongo, umbongo 🎡🎢they drink it in the jungle πŸŽΆπŸ»πŸ―πŸ—πŸ’πŸ‚πŸπŸ†πŸΊπŸœπŸžπŸ tasted nice too ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Heh heh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky ,
This drinks been around for years .
I still remember the ad on tv when I was a kid .
🎀Umbongo, umbongo 🎡🎢they drink it in the jungle πŸŽΆπŸ»πŸ―πŸ—πŸ’πŸ‚πŸπŸ†πŸΊπŸœπŸžπŸ tasted nice too ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
LOL

Nathane69

Here for life
E50 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Nathan
Elgrand
E50

Hi KieraN,
Sometimes, there comes a time in life when a vehicle is uneconomic to repair.
I had this happen to me unfortunately. Before I had my Elgrand, I had a Mitsubishi L200 animal pick up truck ( the worst car I've ever had ! ) the gearbox layshaft failed as did the dual mass flywheel . I was looking at an absolute colossal bill ( in the thousands , including lab )

I listed the faults and stuck it on eBay and took a loss .

Since owning my 21 year old E50 , it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned (and the cheapest ! )
Go ahead and buy an Elgrand ! and you will never look back ! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nathane69

Here for life
E50 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Nathan
Elgrand
E50
What this one @Brendan1969 ??? A good compilation of said flakes in mouths

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky .

I say Sir, i bloody say Sir !!!!

Simply simply loveleh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

It's even got one of Arthur's swans in it too !! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘