Moving on to better things...

Better things being an Ellie of course ;)

I want to sell my current Mazda Bongo, the engine has got the best of me. Not only does it make no power, I seem to have an electrical ghost :(

I'll be tidying it up and taking a better look at it this summer, see what I can fix then I'll be selling it. I am however a little concerned about tax - I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?

Looking forward to joining you ;)

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner

I want to sell my current Mazda Bongo, the engine has got the best of me. Not only does it make no power, I seem to have an electrical ghost :(

I'll be tidying it up and taking a better look at it this summer, see what I can fix then I'll be selling it. I am however a little concerned about tax - I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?

I would just be worried about owning a bloody Bongo!!!:p:p:p There should be a tax on those who own one of them:p:p:p:p get rid and buy an Elgrand NOW:innocent:

Rebus

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I earn very close to the higher rate of tax, and the income from selling the Bongo will put me over that tax band (salary) I don't know whether I should be worrying about this?
As you are salaried you won`t be liable to be taxed on the money from selling your car.
Tax would only be due if you made a profit selling it (Capital Gains Tax)
Or it was used for business.

Cars are exempt from capital gains tax so even if you make a profit it won't be taxable.

Nathane69

E50 Owner
The only bongo you should be allowed........................................................................
View attachment 5688
But on a serious note @KieraH , buy an elgrand. You'll never look back! 😁😁😁
Heh heh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky ,
This drinks been around for years .
I still remember the ad on tv when I was a kid .
🎀Umbongo, umbongo 🎡🎢they drink it in the jungle πŸŽΆπŸ»πŸ―πŸ—πŸ’πŸ‚πŸπŸ†πŸΊπŸœπŸžπŸ tasted nice too ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Heh heh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky ,
This drinks been around for years .
I still remember the ad on tv when I was a kid .
🎀Umbongo, umbongo 🎡🎢they drink it in the jungle πŸŽΆπŸ»πŸ―πŸ—πŸ’πŸ‚πŸπŸ†πŸΊπŸœπŸžπŸ tasted nice too ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
LOL

Nathane69

E50 Owner

Hi KieraN,
Sometimes, there comes a time in life when a vehicle is uneconomic to repair.
I had this happen to me unfortunately. Before I had my elgrand, I had a Mitsubishi L200 animal pick up truck ( the worst car I've ever had ! ) the gearbox layshaft failed as did the dual mass flywheel . I was looking at an absolute colossal bill ( in the thousands , including lab )

I listed the faults and stuck it on eBay and took a loss .

Since owning my 21 year old E50 , it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned (and the cheapest ! )
Go ahead and buy an elgrand ! and you will never look back ! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nathane69

E50 Owner
What this one @Brendan1969 ??? A good compilation of said flakes in mouths

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Good one sparky .

I say Sir, i bloody say Sir !!!!

Simply simply loveleh πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

It's even got one of Arthur's swans in it too !! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘